PDA

View Full Version : "you look tired"

Dorothy Wood
10-19-2007, 06:04 PM
yeah, fuck you!

I don't think people should say that to strangers. a customer just said that to me. she was one of those people who keep their eyes open really wide too, she looked too awake, if you ask me! hmph. is no my fault I have stoner eyes.

I am pretty tired though. :/

insertnamehere
10-19-2007, 06:11 PM
I have squint eyes too, I feel your pain.

Dorothy Wood
10-19-2007, 06:23 PM
ah, my eyes aren't really squinty, they're just weird because you can see the white beneath my irises

insertnamehere
10-19-2007, 06:25 PM
ah. forget any sentiments of camaraderie may have expressed towards you, round eye.

someone on the board once asked me if i was part japanese. i dont know where my squint eyes came from though.

Dorothy Wood
10-19-2007, 06:32 PM
you should just tell people that you're part japanese.

I'll start telling people I'm part basset hound. http://www.jimmykellys.com/contest/rnd5/JosphineFeenieSitton-400.jpg

Bob
10-19-2007, 06:40 PM
i usually just tell people i'm high all the time

i'm noticing that i'm getting these dark circles under my eyes lately. maybe i haven't just been sleeping enough, or maybe i'm just seeing things that nobody else will notice but i don't know that doesn't seem healthy for a 23 year old

Dorothy Wood
10-19-2007, 06:55 PM
you need to start wearing make up. put some cucumbers over your eyes. rub some peanut butter in your nose. pour some syrup in your pants. you know the drill.

insertnamehere
10-19-2007, 07:30 PM
dehydration and sleep deprivation can cause that. but you just told us you drink lots of water, so i'll go with not sleeping enough.

also, some people are just more genetically prone to that than others.

Helvete
10-19-2007, 07:36 PM
You're the best.

AceFace
10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
yeah, fuck you!

I don't think people should say that to strangers.

i don't even think a fuckin' friend should say that!

i'm sure you look great, cutie. :)

paul jones
10-20-2007, 12:52 AM
I have sleepy eyes most of the time too but that's the way I like them.I'd hate to have Close Encounters of the third kind size eyes.that would be mental

Caribou
10-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm also always tired, but that's because I think sleep is overrated.
I often get told I look tired by people at work, but not in a concerned way but in a 'omg, you look like a zombie, lolz!' kind of way.
Well, duh, It's early, I haven't had much sleep and I've just been in a train for 30 minutes which makes me even more sleepy. Grrr.
Luckily I can get free coffee at work, so after half an hour I'm usually fine.

cosmo105
10-20-2007, 12:54 PM
big dark bags under the eye run in my family, so much so that i often get asked if i'm indian or middle eastern or something. even if i get plenty of sleep (rare), i've always looked like this. and yeah, i'm vegan, but i get plenty of b12 in my diet so it's not that either.

i always get that and "what's wrong?" because i guess my natural expression looks bummed. it's just that i happen to be lost in thought most of the time and not really paying attention to what's going on around me :o

Helvete
10-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Last person that thought I looked tired got a quick punch in the throat and a dropkick to the teeth. It was just a ruse of mine to get them off guard. Not that I ever needed them to be off guard, they could be on guard and still be demolished, but I like to surprise people.

Lyman Zerga
10-21-2007, 03:16 AM
people never told me i look tired even when im always tired

though they tell me i look sick and i could need some sun

..my asshole!

Bob
10-21-2007, 10:17 AM
You're the best.

arooouund
nobody'severgonnakeepyoudooowwn

Helvete
10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
RIP Pat Morita.

Yetra Flam
10-21-2007, 07:32 PM
"you look how i feel"

that's the worst one. kill off the people that say that.

wheelie
10-21-2007, 07:46 PM
the damn nurse at school, every time i go in there for like.. contact solution.. "Oh goodness you look awful let me take your temperature". thanks a lot. apparently my 'school makes me depressed' face looks a lot like my 'im about to throw up on your shoes' face.

wins me loads of pretend sick days though

abcdefz
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't tell strangers they look tired, but I will sometimes offer a sympathetic, "You sound sick" if they have a coughing fit or whatever.

One day a woman at a grocery I go to was ringing me up, and, man, her voice just sounded awful. She was so, so hoarse. I offered my
sympathy. Turns out her voice is just always like that. She was nice about it, though, and has always been friendly to me since.

abcdefz
10-23-2007, 07:58 AM
"How far along are you?"

"What?"

"Aren't you pregnant?"

"No."

Erp.

AceFace
10-23-2007, 09:08 AM
:eek: i was on the "are you pregnant?" side of that discussion once. i swear i almost made that lady cry. i felt horrible for saying it, and she was CUTTING MY HAIR!

i learned a valuable lesson that day.

paul jones
10-23-2007, 09:14 AM
:eek: i was on the "are you pregnant?" side of that discussion once. i swear i almost made that lady cry. i felt horrible for saying it, and she was CUTTING MY HAIR!

i learned a valuable lesson that day.

I know how you feel.Last week my friend was showing me a clip of a party and there was this woman trying to breakdance and I said 'Who's that fat bitch?' to which he replied' That's my wife!'

I usually say something wrong like that about once a day

abcdefz
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh, Lordy.

I'd been at my last job for a couple of weeks, still getting to know the members of the church, etc. This really nice man was in my office,
taking interest in what I was working on, which was redesigning the church logo. I was showing him the new one side by side the old one,
saying something about how "I'm trying to fix up this crappy old one" when he told me he had deigned that one many years earlier.

Whoops.

paul jones
10-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh, Lordy.

I'd been at my last job for a couple of weeks, still getting to know the members of the church, etc. This really nice man was in my office,
taking interest in what I was working on, which was redesigning the church logo. I was showing him the new one side by side the old one,
saying something about how "I'm trying to fix up this crappy old one" when he told me he had deigned that one many years earlier.

Whoops.

I bet he is your best friend now(y)

abcdefz
10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
I bet he is your best friend now(y)

Not since I moved. But, no, he was very cool about it, and he and his wife were two of my true champions there for seven years or so. (y)

paul jones
10-23-2007, 09:39 AM
I can't even begin to count the number of times saying "Damn, she's hot! I wonder if she takes it up the ass?" has gotten me into trouble.

Note to self: Stop staying this to my wife.

(y)