PDA

View Full Version : Moving

Yeti
10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
This will be the 3rd time we have moved in 4 years. I am taking a flight to Texas today so I can oversee the packing and moving. I am lucky that I do not have to pack boxes or move but it is still a pain.

Last night I was thinking----it has been almost 4 months without our furniture, pots & pans, most of our clothes, etc. I don't really miss most of the stuff. You spend money accumulating stuff and I really think we don't need 90% of our possessions.

paul jones
10-23-2007, 08:25 AM
This will be the 3rd time we have moved in 4 years. I am taking a flight to Texas today so I can oversee the packing and moving. I am lucky that I do not have to pack boxes or move but it is still a pain.

Last night I was thinking----it has been almost 4 months without our furniture, pots & pans, most of our clothes, etc. I don't really miss most of the stuff. You spend money accumulating stuff and I really think we don't need 90% of our possessions.

I assure you that your pots and pans are safe in the hands of Bill Hailey and the comets(y)

paul jones
10-23-2007, 09:10 AM
One o'pot, two o'pot, three o'pot...pan!

you are the master of rock and roll mixing

I was thinking more Shake Rattle and Roll, because of the lyrics

'Get out that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans'

imagine back in the late 50's ...there's Bill,reading the paper.....bored.The radio is broke.Suddenly Bill can take no more silence and then yells at the comets who are in the kitchen playing poker maybe 'Get out that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans!!!!!'

So they do and rock and roll is born!

Yeti
10-31-2007, 07:29 AM
The closing on our Texas home went off without a hitch. The money has been wired and we close on our new house in Virginia today.

I saw the paperwork on our Texas house and the buyer's name is Charles Norris. I sold my house to Chuck Norris!

Our furniture rolls into town at 8 am tomorrow. I bet we will be unpacked and settled by Sunday. I will have 1 week of freedom before I begin my new job.

marsdaddy
10-31-2007, 12:56 PM
I saw the paperwork on our Texas house and the buyer's name is Charles Norris. I sold my house to Chuck Norris!Your TEXAS house!

b i o n i c
10-31-2007, 01:05 PM
> this thread has been certified genuis thread worthy <