PDA

View Full Version : BOUNCING STILTS @ B-BOYS SHOW

Brother Beats
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Greetings everyone......I would love to walk on my bouncing/jumping stilts at a Beastie Boys show. I have recently went to my first B-Boys show (though i am a life long fan) in Chicago this September. It was unexplainably awesome. Although i couldnt help but think of how I could ADD to the scene. I have walked at hundreds of music events all over the Western Hemisphere and think that the participation of a stilter(s) gives so much to the crowd. In the context of visual texture and interaction, and without taking from the music. I just dont know how to go about gaining the proper permission that would allow me to bring my stilts into any of the venues the B-Boys play at. Any ideas....contacts...anyone?:D

Laver1969
10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
How have you gotten access to use your stilts at hundreds of other events? It's probably the same kinds of contacts with the promoters and venues and stuff.

Brother Beats
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
ya i figured as much. Most of the time I have been invited to attend through word of mouth or a personal conact. But with the B-Boys i just dont know anybody on their crew. Since most of the evnts I have attended were more open, festivle atmosphere, its harder to get a foot in with concerts that focus on one act.