PDA

View Full Version : The snakes are back

scotty
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Spring has most definately arrived and the snakes have returned.

So far I've spotted a yellow faced whip snake (weakly venomous, worth a trip to hospital but not especially dangerous) thats fond of sunning itself on the front path, a 3 metre carpet python that lives in the roof and helps keep the small mammals (native rats) out of the kitchen, a death adder (the one that attacked me earlier in the year) and an eastern brown snake. The last two are most definately brown trousers time, especially the brown which is more aggressive and most venomous.

So its gumboots outside from now until autumn for us.

Loppfessor
10-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Man I was hoping this was going to be about Cobra, the ruthless terrorist organization bent on world domination....

Lex Diamonds
10-24-2007, 05:12 AM
When the grass is cut the snakes will show. I've gotta thank my little homey Nas for that though.

camo
10-24-2007, 06:33 AM

So far I've spotted a yellow faced whip snake (weakly venomous, worth a trip to hospital but not especially dangerous) thats fond of sunning itself on the front path, a 3 metre carpet python that lives in the roof and helps keep the small mammals (native rats) out of the kitchen, a death adder (the one that attacked me earlier in the year) and an eastern brown snake. The last two are most definately brown trousers time, especially the brown which is more aggressive and most venomous.

that sounds so cool, the only thing danger were I live is the threat of being shit on by a pigeon

TurdBerglar
10-24-2007, 06:37 AM
an eastern brown snake just left my ass

abcdefz
10-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Where do you live?

icy manipulator
10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
bloody hell. we've found a couple of green tree snakes in our garden. they gave me a bit of a shock coz i didn't really expect them to be 6km's from the CBD. i fucking hate snakes

MC Moot
10-24-2007, 08:43 AM
You need Riki Tiki Tavi,mate.....(y)

http://www.nature.ca/notebooks/images/mongoose.gif

scotty
10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Where do you live?

I live on around six acres of bush in a village called Rosebank in north-east NSW, Australia. Very peaceful. Lots of wildlife and, importantly, no people. I can't see my neighbours and can only hear birds in the day and koala's, possums etc at night. Its not unusual to see snakes around the place so you have to wear gumboots and make sure that the stick you're about to step on is actually a stick.

Icy: Be friendly to the green tree snakes, they'll eat your rats and other vermin but not you.

adrockmelanie
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
i thought this was going to be about a snakes on a plane sequel.