PDA

View Full Version : just because you don't say it, doesn't make it not true

insertnamehere
10-26-2007, 11:41 PM
i like honesty. sometimes honesty is cruel, sometimes honesty hurts someone's feelings, but i like it. just because you don't say something doesn't make it not true. so why not be honest. there are a lot of people that i like that many consider assholes, but what makes them assholes is that they are just really honest. why should that be frowned upon?

example, the other day i was talking to a guy friend of mine. i said something self-deprecating with regards to my looks. many people would say something like "you should love yourself for who you are!" or "you're not fat" or "you're pretty" you know, the textbook responses for when a girl says she's fat. he said something along the lines of "well if you'd lose the beer gut you'd look a lot better, and your boobs wouldn't look as small"... i am completely offended. if he's thinking it, id rather him say it than some bullshit response to make me feel good about myself. not saying it wont make him think it any less.

'nother example, tonight i IMed a guy i know and said hi, he said he was fapping. i said alright i'll talk to you in a couple minutes. now, i think the norm would be to say he was doing something else, but you know, i can respect that he needed his special alone time with his computer and that i need not distract him.

when someone is that honest, i feel like i can really trust them. or maybe it isnt honesty per se, maybe it's just total lack of any kind of social tact at all. either way, i'm all for it.

TurdBerglar
10-26-2007, 11:48 PM
hi

insertnamehere
10-27-2007, 12:08 AM
hello

Bob
10-27-2007, 12:09 AM
turd, are you fapping?

mikizee
10-27-2007, 12:13 AM
i'm all fapped out

Bob
10-27-2007, 12:14 AM
i hate that so many people (including me) know what fapping is

cosmo105
10-27-2007, 01:37 AM
just wear a shirt that says "i have low self-esteem and constantly need to affirm my self-worth based on others' opinions of me" and save everyone some time

TonsOfFun
10-27-2007, 01:43 AM
I just had to look up fapping on google...

damn my ignorance of todays cool youth :-(

*washes eyes*

HEIRESS
10-27-2007, 01:44 AM
I have a dance move which would be the equivalent of drunk dudes rubbing their hard cocks on girls bums, instead I rub my soft gut on their bum bums and they enjoy it ALOT.

DandyFop
10-27-2007, 03:14 AM
Blah, honesty with one of my close friends is now just making me feel like shit even though she acts like a little kid and is way over sensitive and BLAHHHHHHHh

Kid Presentable
10-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Do chicks enjoy having their asses nosed?

ericlee
10-27-2007, 04:01 AM
I have a dance move which would be the equivalent of drunk dudes rubbing their hard cocks on girls bums, instead I rub my soft gut on their bum bums and they enjoy it ALOT.

That is so fap worthy. You oughtta name that move "the fap" cause thats what theyll do after they experience it.

insertnamehere
10-27-2007, 09:23 AM
i hate that so many people (including me) know what fapping is

it's kind of self explanitory. it's an onomanapea (sic). fap fap fap fap fap fap fap. what does that sound like? yeah.

just wear a shirt that says "i have low self-esteem and constantly need to affirm my self-worth based on others' opinions of me" and save everyone some time

i don't see what this has to do with my self esteem or affirmation of my self worth. it doesn't neccisarily have to be honesty about myself, that was just a good example i had. when i told someone else what he said they went on this rant about what an asshole he is and that if someone said that to them they'd kill him and start crying, and it didnt really bother me, so i thought it was a good example for the point i was trying to get at. in addition, i hardly thing someone telling me i'm chubby reaffirms my self worth or makes me feel particularly good about myself. i like people who are overly honest cause you can be more trusting of the things they say. in a lot of cases i'm overly honest as well.

said t-shirt would probably get me a lot of dishonest remarks from people trying to make me feel good about myself, assuming anyone actually paid attention to it.

monkey
10-27-2007, 06:27 PM
im painfully truthful to my friends, but i tend to warn them when im gonna tell them something that's gonna bother them. i will also adjust the bitchyness depending on the person im talking to. but i like that my friends KNOW that i'll tell them the truth about something.
my most repeated comment? "you look like a ho." i like my friends lookin classy. hehehe.

russhie
10-27-2007, 09:54 PM
I like honesty as much as the next person, but there's a difference between you asking a question about something & getting an honest answer, and someone sitting there thinking it without telling you.

Your friend, or whatever, probably wasn't sitting there thinking "oh she'd look more attractive with a flatter stomach" and it never occured to him to think about your appearance until you bought it up.

A very smart person told me a long time ago that it wasn't my weight/appearance that made me unattractive - it was my constant need for reassurance. So shut up.

befsquire
10-27-2007, 11:25 PM
just because you think something doesn't mean you should say it, though.

Loppfessor
10-28-2007, 04:44 AM

BAAAHAHAAA!!!....nail on head. You are on a roll lately cosmo. I like it (y)

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 01:45 PM
A very smart person told me a long time ago that it wasn't my weight/appearance that made me unattractive - it was my constant need for reassurance. So shut up.

chriiiiiiiist you guys, i wasn't asking for reassurance or looking for reassurance or trying to make this anything about myself at all. i was hoping for a discussion on social norms and politeness and white lies. everybody missed the point. how do you think this is me trying to get reassurance or affirming my self worth? did i really just do that bad of a job of making my point clear in the first post?

great. now i'm pissed off at something that happened on the internets.

cosmo105
10-28-2007, 02:03 PM
you're not asking for reassurance here, it's the fact that you said you said something self-deprecating to a friend and that seems to be your whole shtick. instead of bitching and moaning about your lot in life, why not do something about it instead? yes, it can be nice when people are brutally honest, but a constantly negative attitude toward yourself and your life accomplishes nothing and pisses everyone off.

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 02:11 PM
i think actually the way it came up was when he was telling me i should join the national guard to get monies for college, and long list of reasons why i dont belong in the army, i said something like "im fat"

not like "boo hooo hooo i'm morbidly obese i hate my life"

more like "fuck road marches and and pushups an' shit"

Lyman Zerga
10-28-2007, 02:14 PM
but youre not even chubby

you should be honest with yourself

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 02:17 PM
*sigh*

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 02:19 PM
i understood what you were trying to get at

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 02:21 PM
thanks, turdykins

Lyman Zerga
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
i think i understood it a few days ago when i read the thread but im too lazy to reread it

yadayadayadayamada..fake compliments suck especially hatembe nicdetjus* e-bed

this was supposed to mean something but my computer is a pain in the ass right now and im too lazy to retype it

ericlee
10-28-2007, 03:15 PM
It. It it it tit. Do you believe me now!?

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 03:23 PM
It. It it it tit. Do you believe me now!?

*brainhurt*

russhie
10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
i think actually the way it came up was when he was telling me i should join the national guard to get monies for college, and long list of reasons why i dont belong in the army, i said something like "im fat"

not like "boo hooo hooo i'm morbidly obese i hate my life"

more like "fuck road marches and and pushups an' shit"

Using "I'm fat" as a retort is as good as having a whinge about being fat. What the fuck do you expect people to say to that? Whether you like it or not, you've just asked someone for some kind of reassurance by asking that - reassurance that yes, you're a lardball or no, you're not fat don't be stupid ohmygod.

It doesn't help that everytime you post a thread here you manage to have a sook about something, or say something self depreciating.

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM
hey, i know i'm awesome. theres a facebook group dedicated to the fact.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
you guys are fucking retarded

paul jones
10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
you guys are fucking retarded

LOL(y)

Yetra Flam
10-28-2007, 09:48 PM
It's really unrealistic to expect every young female to have complete confidence in her appearance, just because people always tell them to. Fuck, for some women it takes decades, or sometimes i never happens. Cussing someone out for having self doubt it is not helping.

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 10:30 PM
so turd, do you prefer straight and to the point statements, or for things to be sugar coated to make people feel better about themselves?

you don't actually have to answer that.

but humor me.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
you mean it isn't obvious?

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 10:33 PM
ok, ok, so dont answer that.

what's your favorite kind of ice cream?

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
i like brutally honest icecream

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
i like vanilla

and caramel sauce

BRUTAL VANILLA

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:36 PM
chocolate is a lying sonofabitch

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 10:38 PM
you know what all chocolate ice cream contains? VANILLA. but they won't admit that. cocksuckers.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:44 PM
i want one of those Wendy's milk shake things. not quite chocolate not quite vinalla not quite icecream not quite wilkshake. I WANT IT NOW

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
a frosty? you know they actually make vanilla frosty's now. so the original is supposedly chocolate.

i had wendy's tonight

and ice cream

but the two were entirely unrelated.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
i ate nothing but granola bars all day :(

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 10:53 PM
you should go to wendys. they're open late.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:54 PM
the closest wendy's is downtown. i am not walking through my neighborhood and especially downtown at this time of night. no place for a lone whiteboy.

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 10:57 PM
you should get some Jimmy Johns delivered. assuming you have those wherever it is you live.

i like the turn this thread has taken.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
again... no one delivers here. OMG THE HOOD! SCARY SHIT!

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 10:59 PM
there's pizza places in this neighborhood that REFUSE to deliver to THEIR OWN FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD.

im fucking pissed right now. i don't know why.

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
it's probably for the best that you can't get any of that stuff. you dont want to end up fat like me

wait for it...

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
FATASS

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 11:11 PM
that didn't work as i had hoped. but i guess it's just us here now.

maybe the white shows up too much, or i'm just too obvious.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 11:14 PM
i didn't even notice the white

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 11:21 PM
i was kinda hoping for someone else to pop back up with the OMG YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO SAY YOU'RE NOT FAT WHATS WRONG WITH YOU YOU SUCK.

and then i'd laugh

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
FATASS

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 11:25 PM
i appreciate that you've shared your opinion of me in such a clear and concise manner. thank you for your honesty.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 11:25 PM
well the female ass is SUPPOSE to be fat!

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 11:27 PM
in all actuality though, my ass is fairly large, but very round and perky

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 11:28 PM
prove it

insertnamehere
10-28-2007, 11:30 PM
its really hard to take pictures of your own bum, and i dont really want to run down the hall and ask someone to take a picture of it so that i can show my fake internet friends.

i posted a profile view of it once before. in jeans.

TurdBerglar
10-28-2007, 11:35 PM
LAZY FATASS