PDA

View Full Version : I'm screwing up my ebay account with "Reserve Fee circumvention"

TimDoolan
10-27-2007, 02:16 AM
I'm selling some pricey comic book art and I didn't set a reserve price. I'm going to lose money and now I want to end the listing early but then I looked at this.

"Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated."

I thought as long as there was 12+ left you could end the listing early with no problems. Has anyone been "investigated by ebay"?

TonsOfFun
10-27-2007, 02:23 AM
I think that warning is for only people who abuse the system. I used to have an ebay business and ignored all warnings ebay gave me because I had legit reasons. Sounds like you do so I wouldn't worry. My ebay account was never suspended or sanctioned for it.

But don't take it as gospel from me - just my experience of ebay (which I hate)

TimDoolan
10-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Thanks man. I figure they only go after people if they do it alot. Still it's annoying to even have to think about.

ms.peachy
10-27-2007, 03:18 AM
When I had an item up that I wanted to cancel but couldn't, I asked mr.peachy to make a ridiculously high bid for it, so it would appear as though he "won" it. A little while after bidding closed I just marked him as 'paid', as though it was a completed transaction. If you're running your eBay selling as a business this can mess up your numbers, but if like me you just use it to sell of unwanted items and pocket some extra cash, it works - I know there are people on eBay who have multiple accounts and they do this themselves so as not to sell items at too low a cost.

Knuckles
10-27-2007, 07:45 AM
When I had an item up that I wanted to cancel but couldn't, I asked mr.peachy to make a ridiculously high bid for it, so it would appear as though he "won" it. A little while after bidding closed I just marked him as 'paid', as though it was a completed transaction. If you're running your eBay selling as a business this can mess up your numbers, but if like me you just use it to sell of unwanted items and pocket some extra cash, it works - I know there are people on eBay who have multiple accounts and they do this themselves so as not to sell items at too low a cost.

That's what I was going to suggest.

ScarySquirrel
10-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I'll bid on your shit and not buy it if you want me to.

The Notorious LOL
10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
I always have people bid and not buy when I am selling stuff on ebay...that or just drive the price up. Its fun and profitable.

TimDoolan
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I always have people bid and not buy when I am selling stuff on ebay...that or just drive the price up. Its fun and profitable.

Yeah but don't you still have to pay a final value fee to ebay? Fuck that.

TimDoolan
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
I overslept and forgot to cancel the bidding..fuck the whole world