PDA

View Full Version : christmas bonii

HEIRESS
12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
are cool and all. until you see how much tax is taken off the cheque.
sweet.
fucking.
jesus.

abcdefz
12-14-2007, 01:33 PM
My current employer takes care of that part, too.

You still have to report it at the end of the year, but the bonus otherwise is free and clear.

At least, that's how it's been in the past.

At one point mid-year, he was in a good mood and we each came in and found $300 cash on our chairs.

That was a very good day.

abcdefz
12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
That's all you ever think about.

TAL
12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
She will get that too.

hardnox71
12-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I have to admit I was kind of expecting a joke about where to hang a mistle-toe.

Yetra Flam
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
ah so bonii is the plural of bonus. good to know.

MC Moot
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
we just get a shitload of gift cards so no taxes....Safeway,Co-op,HMV,Indigo and a pair of Hockey tickets...it's not bad at all,especially seeing as how I work for a not for profit...(y)

HEIRESS
12-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I think it ended up being "too good" of a year so we had to bit the bullet on the taxes part.

before I just got extra days of paid holidays or plane tickets.

its just really hard seeing 4 grand go to the gov't all at once. like really hard.

HEIRESS
12-14-2007, 02:53 PM
we just get a shitload of gift cards so no taxes....Safeway,Co-op,HMV,Indigo and a pair of Hockey tickets...it's not bad at all,especially seeing as how I work for a not for profit...(y)

Oooo that would be dope!

abcdefz
12-14-2007, 03:03 PM
its just really hard seeing 4 grand go to the gov't all at once. like really hard.

Four grand in taxes!? Geezo-pete! How much do you guys get!?

*bonus envy*

I have a boner for your bonus.

cosmo105
12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
the plural form of boner is "bonapotamii," duh.

Rock
12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't get a bonus here, instead we get to go to our other building and eat nasty food and get a mug or some shit with our company logo on it. Fucking cheap ass corporation.

Freebasser
12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Four grand in taxes!? Geezo-pete! How much do you guys get!?

*bonus envy*

I have a boner for your bonus.

No shit.

I got a bonus of £50 :/

Freebasser
12-14-2007, 04:21 PM
And how was the jelly of the month?

Do tell.

Freebasser
12-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Spiffing!

alruggs
12-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Non-manager employees here get 1% taken out of every check and then the company matches it at the end of the year. I am a manager. Therefore, I get no Christmas bonus. :(

Dorothy Wood
12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
I dun think I'm getting a bonus this year because we're getting health insurance instead. which is better...but less fun. last year I got $700 and it ruled.

but dayum, I know who to call now when I need a loan. scientists are rich!

Waus
12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
My bonus is based strictly on my hours overtime. :/

ET
12-15-2007, 03:19 AM
The bonus is the lulz you get from seeing the State and Federal taxes column. TIS THE SEASON! LOLCANO!

hardnox71
12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
I remember when I worked as a legal headhunter, the owner of the company bought us Blackhawks tickets for our Chirstmas bonus. You talk about being pissed. I fucking hate hockey.:mad:

The U.S. government are the biggest gangsters out there. I mean, think about it. You bust your ass day in and day out to put food in your mouth and clothes on your back and a roof over your head and God forbid you have any people depending on you, and every two weeks when you get your check, guess what? You see the government's already had their hands in your shit. Before you even get it they got theirs off the top already. That's some straight Goodfellas type shit, right? And they do this year in and year out without fail. Then, come April, they have the nerve to come back and tell people "Oh, you know all that money we took from you over the last twelve months? Well, looks like we didn't take enough. You owe us some more."

Fuck that shit.

Sorry to get off on a rant but I have serious reservations about this 'Gimme whachu got in yo' pockets, nigga' type of government that we have.

Medellia
12-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Heiress is Canadian, yo. That four grand isn't being paid to Uncle Sam.

jabumbo
12-15-2007, 06:37 PM
i would be very shocked if i got any bonus this year. granted i just started working there in august, it appears that the boss doesnt seem to do that sort of thing. one of the guys was telling me how after two years he still hasn't gotten a pay raise from the guy...

we have our "christmas lunch" on friday, and its at the office, so i am curious to know what will be brought in for that.

hardnox71
12-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Heiress is Canadian, yo. That four grand isn't being paid to Uncle Sam.

I know she's Canadian. I was ranting about the gangsters we got running this country.

But I'm sure her government is on some bogus ass bullshit, too.

Medellia
12-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I know she's Canadian. I was ranting about the gangsters we got running this country.

But I'm sure her government is on some bogus ass bullshit, too.

Well okay then. I can see why you might rant about taxes in general, but why'd you specify the US government if you knew she's Canadian?

hardnox71
12-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Well okay then. I can see why you might rant about taxes in general, but why'd you specify the US government if you knew she's Canadian?

Well, number one, because I live in the U.S. and, number two, because the U.S. government is the only one that I know anything about. I know absolutely nothing about the taxes in Canada or London or Singapore.

All I know are these greedy gangsters.

RobMoney$
12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Is it true that some Canadians pay upwards of 50% in taxes?

I have an ongoing argument with a co-worker who's a Republican. When we talk about the whole Canadian government-run healthcare system, he throws up the higher tax rate. Is it true that after the federal, provincial, city, ect. taxes that you Canadians can pay upwards of 50%?

abcdefz
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I think England had the worst taxation rate for artists back in the day. Something like 90%?

I'm happy to pay taxes in theory. But I'm not crazy about how our government spends the money, so I have pretty mixed feelings.

I want highways, I want a judicial system, I want welfare, education, science and arts programs and stuff. But our military is way too
fucking huge and horribly mismanaged, and they gobble up money like there's no tomorrow.

TOY
12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I got a gift certificate for an 8lb. ham in the mail yesterday. What am I gonna do with that much ham?

Yetra Flam
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
make ham cake! and ham pie with the left overs!

abcdefz
12-18-2007, 01:50 PM
...homeless shelter?

TOY
12-18-2007, 02:09 PM
...homeless shelter?

That's too obvious.

abcdefz
12-18-2007, 02:23 PM
What about a women's shelter? I'm sure some abused mom and kids wouldn't mind having a big old ham.

MC Moot
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I know what to do...remember in Jaws when those 2 drunk guys hook that ham,chain it up and then throw it off the end of the dock...then jaws comes and pulls the ham and the entire damned dock off it's pier and out into the sea,try that...that would be trick....just don't donate it to a mosque or synagogue,that would be bad form....(y)

Yorkshire~Rose
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
What is this 'bonus' you speak of.

Ahh yes, that's right I work for the National Health Service and we get diddly squat.
Oh, wait, i tell a lie. Tomorrow is our Christmas lunch out at the pub and the department has kindly donated us £5 each towards our meals :rolleyes:

Be grateful for what you get!

venusvenus123
12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
i agree^. i work (freelance, admittedly) for HMG.

i got a christmas card, thanking me for all my hard work.

happy christmas all. :cool:

Caribou
12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I got a biiiig box full of italian stuff.
Pasta, pesto, olives, parmezan, focaccia bread, tomato sauce, wine, wineglasses, cookbook, apron, electric peppermill, peppercorns and a pasta kit (with a colander,bowl,tongs, salt+cheez shaker).

We get cool stuff like this every year. last year it was sports themed (with healthy food, a sports bag, jumprope etc.) the year before it was cocktails (shaker, special icecubes, recipe book, snackplate, snacks, lots of booze) and the year before that it was breakfast (plates, cups, tray, croissants, tea, koffie, orange juice, cheese etc.)

Yeah, my company gives some pretty good 'kerstpaketten'.

Freebasser
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Don't speak too soon. For all you know, next year the theme will be "things you really should have washed years ago and have now got lost somewhere in your room and have started to go mouldy".

Or maybe the theme will be "cakes".

Who knows?

Caribou
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Ooh, cakes. I like cakes.
I think I'll stick around to find out.

marsdaddy
12-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I've never worked for a company that paid out a christmas or holiday bonus.

RobMoney$
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Only true Playas get bonii.

Although I get bonii every quarter, I don't get a "Christmas" bonus, but our 3rd quarter bonus was deposited in my account on December 1, so just as good.

fucktopgirl
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
my christmas bony is having 3 weeks of free time , university is good for that!

abcdefz
12-19-2007, 09:11 AM
We give our boss his Christmas bonus today.

Scuba diving gift certificate. (y)

abcdefz
12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
One year I started a job at Tower Video the first week of January.

Christmas bonuses started once you'd been there for a full year, so it was almost two full years before I got my first one there. :(

jabumbo
12-19-2007, 10:02 AM
My first job was at a Jewish advertising firm. I was there less than a month and got a $500.00 Christmas bonus. That was the only place that ever gave me a true Christmas bonus.

ironic, don't you think?

i don't expect much here, being that the boss doesnt celebrate christmas. i would say he might come into the office those days, but then i realized that he only comes in really to give us all crap to worry about

venusvenus123
12-19-2007, 11:09 AM
My first job was at a Jewish advertising firm. I was there less than a month and got a $500.00 Christmas bonus. That was the only place that ever gave me a true Christmas bonus.

me too. the best xmas bonus i ever got was at Marks & Spencer. they gave me a month's salary. i was seriously chuffed.

after that, i worked for Rupert Murdoch and got diddly squat.

paul jones
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM

haha,well there's a suprise!

camo
12-20-2007, 03:30 AM
me too. the best xmas bonus i ever got was at Marks & Spencer. they gave me a month's salary. i was seriously chuffed.

I got a £10 voucher for Marks and Spencers. WTF am I going to get with that?

A Checkered Pullover?

venusvenus123
12-20-2007, 04:20 AM
I got a £10 voucher for Marks and Spencers. WTF am I going to get with that?

A Checkered Pullover?

what, you work for them and that's your xmas bonus?

camo
12-20-2007, 04:43 AM
what, you work for them and that's your xmas bonus?

No I don't work for them!!!!

venusvenus123
12-20-2007, 05:40 AM
OK!!!!

just asking

camo
12-20-2007, 05:47 AM
Thats ok, I wasn't being arsey (y)

venusvenus123
12-20-2007, 06:03 AM
i was thinking that things have gone way down for M&S employees in 20 years!

...but in any case, a £10 M&S voucher isn't a great bonus :|

trailerprincess
12-20-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't get one as I'm a contractor so am sort of self-employed. But at the end of the tax year, if my accountants have done their job properly, I should get a lump sum back. My best bonus was with my first company which I got every year and went from about £1800 to £3600 when I eventually left

camo
12-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Hallmark Cards are the worst for Bonuses.

Each year you get two five pound gift vouchers to use in the Gold Crown store (located in the canteen). The vouchers are only valid until the end of January (when the shop is filled with christmas cards that you don't want).

All of the stuff in the shop can be ordered as samples for yourself for absolutely nothing. Therefore the vouchers are just a way for them to remove surplus stock.

Every year I basically binned my vouchers. Beat that for shite (n)

abcdefz
12-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow. That's almost a license to be ungrateful.

camo
12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
a licence to ill

jabumbo
12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
i got a small bonus yesterday, so i am excited. i guess its better to not expect anything because what i did get was just grand!