PDA

View Full Version : your best hometown chums

ericlee
12-15-2007, 02:04 AM
So in this thread, it's time to recognize that your hometown-the place you grew up friends are the best that you'll ever have.

I know for sure that this board is full of travelers and people who have moved away from their homes to bigger and brighter and yadda yards things.

During those moves and such, I'm sure ya'll have met many new friends. New friends are cool and all but noone will be equalivalent(sp,YEAH) to the pals that you grew up with.

I remember robmoney telling me to move on and forget about my past in one of the threads I made but, that will never happen. The main reason for me is cause i'm from such a small town. I do believe that the smaller town, city or whatnot, the tighter your friend group is.

I dunno, I'm havin beers with some new friends and shit sometimes but, i have better times hangin with my chums.

Randetica
12-15-2007, 04:13 AM
no

Helvete
12-15-2007, 05:54 AM
I only see one person I went to school with. I've known him for over 10 years. Unfortunately I moved away from the area right after I left school, so I never saw any of my old friends. Funny how you can spend years growing up with these guys, and then suddenly never ever see them again. And now in the Army I just get used to it.

Caribou
12-15-2007, 09:21 AM
My best friend is someone I went to school with. At school we didn't hang out that much, but we did get along. When we both left school we kept in contact, because we had very similar interest and we went to concerts together and I visited her a couple of times eventhough she moved to the other side of the country.
Now we've both moved to the same city and our friendship is stronger than ever.

Other people I concider friends are also all from my hometown. We don't see eachother much, but once in a while we all go out together and it's always great. It's great because we've known eachother for so long and we don't have to explain ourselves for anything.

Freebasser
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Most people I went to school with will spend the rest of their lives working in McDonalds, packing bags at supermarkets, and/or injecting themselves with heroin/horse tranquilisers/cat piss.

I would rather forget them.

Lo_Lyfe
12-15-2007, 09:32 AM
yeah i hang out outside schools man all the time...

Bob
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
i can't remember the last time i talked to anyone from my hometown. i think the last time i met someone from high school i almost had sex with her but i screwed it up and didn't

i dunno i'm probably just gonna move on and look forward

Freebasser
12-15-2007, 12:45 PM
That's the spirit, Bob.

After all, who needs sex?

ScarySquirrel
12-15-2007, 01:19 PM
I still keep in contact with two or three buddies from my hometown. We never really all get to hang out though. One still lives relatively close to our hometown, the other has moved to Indiana, and I live out in California now. The only time we do see each other is usually during the holidays when we're all back near the area and we get to hang out for one night or something.

It's hard getting together because, you know, you've got all these pre-existing plans with family and stuff. Plus you feel kind of obligated to hang out with the family because they're supposed to be even more important. To complicate matters worse, one buddy (the guy who now lives in Indiana) is married too. So we have to deal with the whole wife curfew thing. She's actually pregnant now... so I'm sure it'll be worse.

Last time we all got together we didn't get back until around 4 a.m. Not because we were having such a crazy time or anything but just because we're from a very small town and we have to travel at least 15 miles to see any kind of real restaurant or bar. Combined with shitty road conditions, the fact that we all had something to drink (but one guy stopped earlier on so we could have someone drive... still better safe than sorry though), we took our time getting home.

Man, that was kind of a long, rambling post. So what else is new?

cosmo105
12-15-2007, 02:40 PM
my best friend and i have been buddies since we were 5 years, and practically sisters for the last 7 or so years. i see her all the time. she really is like family to me. my other two closest hometown friends, i've known since i was 12. i don't see them as often, and our lives are very different, but when we all get together (relatively often) we always pick up right where we left off. i have a bunch of other hometown friends that i've actually gotten closer to after moving away (which sucks), but i'm glad to have them. i love coming back home and seeing old friends. it's a nice feeling.

ericlee
12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Most people I went to school with will spend the rest of their lives working in McDonalds, packing bags at supermarkets, and/or injecting themselves with heroin/horse tranquilisers/cat piss.

I would rather forget them.

Not cool. I can't believe that the friends of mine who I thought would end up junkies didn't and the ones that I never expected did.

One guy was a huge jock, against drugs and alcohol and shit turned into a big fat junkie slob. I went home once after not seeing him for like 12 years and barely recognized him. I thought he would have gone to college and stuff but nope, he remained in my small ass hometown.

I had a group of 8 real tight friends and we always keep in touch and every year during memorial day we all have a gathering. It's cool to see how everyone has moved on, got kids and interesting careers.

basd
12-15-2007, 06:57 PM
i haven't seen my mates from the childhood for more than 10 years...or more.they was too different from me, but that's not an excuse...i don't know how the things went like this.i changed three neighborhoods (however i like in a small town)and met many peoples but only few was same as me and we hang out for more than three years now, but i don't meet my old friends...
now some are doing drugs, some are older that me and have jobs at different cities, others are still hanging out in the old neighborhood...
however i have good memories from the past and i don't have regrets...

i won't forget them

Mr.Lif - Ol' Crew

Medellia
12-15-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't see any of my high school friends, except for one, and I lived with her for four years.

Pre high school, I only had like, five friends. One friend in third and fourth grades, then there was a group of five of us in sixth, then nothing until the last month of eighth grade. So since I haven't lived in the same state as any of them in over a decade, it's safe to say I'm not in touch with any of them either.

I get along pretty well with my boyfriend's friends and coworkers anyway, I don't need or want to hang out with the people I knew at 15.

roosta
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Brian Eno

Randetica
12-16-2007, 08:47 AM
my first main friend that i was really close with for like 5 years lives only a few steps far away from me but now we dont even greet each other anymore

i find it pretty uncomfortable to see someone from the past and usually try to hide myself some the fuck where

i went to 4 different schools and live in a small town but thank god many moved away

paul jones
12-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Me, Joey Deacon,Steven Hawking and all the Flid crew go on regular walks to the shops and back to the learning difficulty place.

I bought a bag of Quavers today with my change,all 2p's and the shopkeeper man said 'CUNT' to me but I dribbled and he gave me some cigarrettes to say sorry

russhie
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't see anyone I knew before I was 16 or 17.

I can't see them without feeling pity, and that makes me feel like a huge bitch so I avoid it.