PDA

View Full Version : Best Sellers of 2007

Jitters
12-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Interesting article.... (http://www.mp3.com/news/stories/10609.html)

Daughtry is the best seller of the year and Hannah Montana is almost second place? Is the world supposed to end soon?

Randetica
12-15-2007, 09:47 PM
throw that year away

balohna
12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I hate most human beings now.

Deep_Sea_Rain
12-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm sad now.

Guy Incognito
12-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Question from an english person?

what is Various Artists - Now 23? Is it short for "Now thats what i call music 23?" We have that in UK except its upto 60-odd now?

Roger Waters was one of the big tours on that list - saw a pink floyd doc the other night and it gave the impression he was stuggling a bit, obviously not.

I dont recognise too many of the names - i imagine a few of them are country.

kleptomaniac
12-16-2007, 02:36 PM
what is Various Artists - Now 23? Is it short for "Now thats what i call music 23?" We have that in UK except its upto 60-odd now?

yuuup. i have a few of those cd's. one of 'em has 'ch-check it out' on thurrr.

...hey i know YOU! where YOU been?!! :P

Guy Incognito
12-16-2007, 04:22 PM
yuuup. i have a few of those cd's. one of 'em has 'ch-check it out' on thurrr.

...hey i know YOU! where YOU been?!! :P

I aint been on here for ages cos i havent been making music and have been fathering children and doing life stuff - probably only posted a handful of times this year, i still have a read now and again and make the odd ill informed comment but usually I am too late, someones already said it or i havent a clue about whats being talked about. I remember you and your randomness

DroppinScience
12-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Interesting article.... (http://www.mp3.com/news/stories/10609.html)

Daughtry is the best seller of the year and Hannah Montana is almost second place? Is the world supposed to end soon?

So does this mean that people with bad taste are buying music and the ones with good taste are just illegally downloading it? :eek:

Jitters
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
If you downloaded the Hannah Montana album instead of buying it then you're not just a terrible person but also a horrible one :rolleyes:

DroppinScience
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
If you downloaded the Hannah Montana album instead of buying it then you're not just a terrible person but also a horrible one :rolleyes:

I haven't even heard of this Hannah chick. Is this an American Idol-related artist??

kleptomaniac
12-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I haven't even heard of this Hannah chick. Is this an American Idol-related artist??

she's an alter ego of miley cyrus, the daughter of the guy who sings "achy breaky heart" don't act like you don't know who she is! lol :p

I aint been on here for ages cos i havent been making music and have been fathering children and doing life stuff - probably only posted a handful of times this year, i still have a read now and again and make the odd ill informed comment but usually I am too late, someones already said it or i havent a clue about whats being talked about. I remember you and your randomness

that's good, you should be living life to its fullest and not wasting all of your time on this message board like me, who's never left! hehehe
you missed me, didn't ya? *hugs*

DroppinScience
12-16-2007, 10:44 PM
she's an alter ego of miley cyrus, the daughter of the guy who sings "achy breaky heart" don't act like you don't know who she is! lol :p

Billy Ray Cyrus? The guy has offspring? Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Documad
12-16-2007, 10:59 PM
DS: I think Hannah Montana is a Disney show. Like The Monkees, but for Disney. The people I work with have kids who are into her, and of course her concerts are the hottest ticket around.

I purchased at least 40 CDs this year--perhaps as many as 60-70, and the only one I have from that top 25 list is the Amy Winehouse one. And I feel sort of embarrassed for buying that. I didn't see any of the top tours. That has to be a first for me, because I usually get suckered into one big tour.

beastieboysbaby
12-16-2007, 11:36 PM
they sell hannah montana wigs at some stores around here. weird!

Jitters
12-16-2007, 11:42 PM
her concerts are the hottest ticket around

They had local radio stations doing huge promo's for her coming to some of the bigger arenas around here two months ago and the tickets for her shows always sell out in minutes......... honestly people, it's a kids show :(

they sell hannah montana wigs at some stores around here. weird!

Now I'm conflicted. Awesome, or just sucktastic?