PDA

View Full Version : Lupe Fiasco's The Cool

DeeJayZap
12-19-2007, 02:07 PM
best album of 07 fo sho.

checkyourprez
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
been hearing good things. i have it, but havent listened to it yet. ill weight in in a couple days or so.

basd
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I got my go go go go go go go go go go gadget flow

Lex Diamonds
12-19-2007, 04:57 PM
No matter what Lupe does, I will never respect him again cuz of that Tribe shit.

Album is aight though.

checkyourprez
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
refresh the mem on that tribe shit

Lex Diamonds
12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1571748/20071011/fiasco__lupe.jhtml

alikat
12-19-2007, 06:13 PM
^

I know, wasn't he such a toolbag about that? I've listened to Lupe non-stop since Food & Liquor came out, but I completely grew up on Tribe. I feel like my new boyfriend started a drunk fistfight with my favorite uncle.

But oh well . . . what I've heard from The Cool trumps all this nonsense. Must buy whole thing asap.

checkyourprez
12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
now that i think about it i vaugley remember something about that.

i mean how he went about that wasnt really right. than again i can see his point, hes not a fake, which is cool.

but in the end who really gives a fuck about this entertainment tonight bullshit, sall about the music baby.

Jitters
12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1571748/20071011/fiasco__lupe.jhtml

Good article....

I don't know the lyrics to certain songs to Midnight Marauders. And then I'll turn around and ask someone, 'Do you know the first verse to "Lay It Down" on 8ball & MJG's Comin' Out Hard?' [Editor's note: "Lay It Down" actually appears on the duo's 1994 On the Outside Looking In album.]

Can this guy get anything right? :rolleyes:

DeeJayZap
12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
he got like 5 words wrong, get over it already

Planetary
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM

get over nothing! atcq must be respected!

adam_f
12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by The Padster
No matter what Lupe does, I will never respect him again cuz of that Tribe shit.

Yeah, God forbid somebody screw up a lyric to a song that's not even his.

Jitters
12-20-2007, 10:22 PM

It never bothered me even though I'm into Quest. If anything I think it's funny people were making such a big deal over it.

adam_f
12-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Planetary
get over nothing! atcq must be respected!

Shut the fuck up. He messed up part of a Phife verse, big fucking deal. You don't think the fact that Lil Wayne, Mos Def, and Kanye didn't show up or canceled is disrespectful? Common was the only one from Q-Tip's dream lineup to show up, and Pharell, Lupe, and Busta all filled in.

Lupe messed up a song from an album he never heard when he wasn't even intended to perform. Shut the fuck up.

Link (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5811/title.dx-clusive-fiascogate-fallout-words-from-q-tip)

Auton
12-21-2007, 02:37 PM
what do you mean 'not intended for him to perform'? its not like they called him that afternoon and was like 'hey mos def dropped out can you fill in?'

dude still had plenty of time to learn the song, and additionally, its fine he never heard midnight marauders, but he was being straight up arrogant and stupid about that shit. him messing up lines didnt bother me, it was his attitude before and after that pissed me off.

alikat
12-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Must buy whole thing asap.

DAMN!!!

I just did. I am now listening to "Gold Watch" and can't contain myself. This album brings chills & makes my face go all scrunched up with every track. (y)(y)(y)(y)

About ATCQ. Like I said, grew up on them as a kid in NYC. Love goes deep. Now Lupe did, as I said, come off like a big lug, but let's break it down: He (1) Perhaps exaggerted how much Tip wanted him to be in the show. :o (2) Flubbed a line. Oops. (3) Before the incident made a point to Vibe about how people can be snobby about "backpack rap." That is a true fact (I can be one of those people.) WAIT, I'm boring myself: Point is, no 13-year-old girls were videotaped blowing a rap star in the making of this scandal. The incident is a yapping little puppy at the ankles of Tribe. Everyone should take a deep breath and find bigger fresh to fry.

Like this awesome motherfucking album! Buy it, love it.

CrushonMCA
12-26-2007, 09:19 PM
kick push kick push kick push kick push coast...

AAPSTUDIOS
12-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I think this Lupe mutherfucker...

is ok..

he got talent..from what ive heard thus far

:D
How long has he been around anyways? A year or two?

alikat
12-27-2007, 01:18 AM
How long has he been around anyways? A year or two?

since signing with atlantic, three. but his mixtapes go back longer.

http://www.lupefiasco.com/bio.php