PDA

View Full Version : Weakness or strength?

abcdefz
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
The Hillary "cries" clip (http://youtube.com/watch?v=N7vQA92XlnM) (36 second version)

You know, believe it or not... God. Unless she's every bit the monster I'm kind of afraid she is... this seems like a genuine moment, and
probably the only time I've ever felt for her.

I don't think it's weakness -- I think she's probably pretty rocked by losses she really didn't expect, and she's wiped out -- but I bet a
lot of people will see this as proof that a woman can't handle it. Which is a shame.

Thoughts?

drizl
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
i think its an act.

abcdefz
01-08-2008, 01:09 PM
You think she and her handlers would think this would create sympathy for her or something? Make her look sincere or passionate? 'Cause I
really think, for most people, it will do the exact opposite.

drizl
01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
she's been in the game long enough, sold her soul to pharmeceutical companies and been through the whole public humiliation with her husband and ms. lewinsky. maybe the campaign trail is too much for her and she's breaking down. but i dont think so. people do funny things on the campaign trail. i hope she is crying and is breaking down and gets romped in the elections, not because i think she is a baby- crying is a good thing, in this case it would show how sincere or passionate she is- but because she is just another politician. i dont know if you saw sicko, where she campaigns for universal healthcare and then takes a big fat check from big pharma...

i think for the most part, someone who has been playing with the big boys for that long, knows.

drizl
01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
and i dont know the whole context of that video, but from the short clip, it seems she is trying to come off as passionate and sincere. she's not being attacked, she is not being humiliated, she's casually talking about how she sees the country going in the wrong direction and doesnt want it to go that way. has she cried for the iraqi's? for the loss of freedoms that she helped put in place with the patriot acts and homeland security? she's a big time player in american politics...cfr, bilderberg, ny senator...she should have started crying a long time ago if she really cared. and i doubt she is crying because she is ashamed

QueenAdrock
01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
She very well could have cried for them too. Whether or not it's in front of cameras is a different story altogether.

Either way, I could see this playing bad to audiences who already worry about women "not being able to control their PMS" and having that affect their judgement while in the White House. It's a stupid and sexist thing to say, but this could very well reaffirm their already mysoginistic ideas.

drizl
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
i think her campaign probably got together and agreed that it was advantageous for her to almost cry. i didnt see her sobbing. hoenstly, those who are already sexist enough not to vote for her are totally unaffected and are only reassured. she probably figured she could convince some of those who are on the fence, that she has feelings too.

i doubt the cry hurt her much. she never really cried. she didnt even get choked up. im sure there are some who saw it at something positive.

the word going around is change. all the candidates are on to this word, and using it in their campaigns. its a jerkoff show to see who can be the most successful with it, who can win it. holding back a tear was just a part of her show.

and im sure hilary doesnt give a rats ass about those who died in iraq. she authorized it, she stood by it all throughout the 90's while her husband was bombing and starving iraqi children, and she hasnt tried to hold anyone responsible for the "faulty intelligence" or rush to war. or corruption.

Bob
01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
i didn't see any tears

DroppinScience
01-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Sounds like she was close to crying, but held back.

(She probably has no tear ducts ;) )

Bob
01-08-2008, 10:34 PM
there's no crying in politics! there's no crying in politics!!

edit: probably about a billion political blogs probably beat me to that joke, huh? i feel dumb for making such an obvious joke, but i'm just gonna leave it...i won't hide my shame

abcdefz
01-09-2008, 09:35 AM
No woman, no cry.

milleson
01-09-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm staying as far away from all this election nonsense as possible. BUT, when I saw the Hillary clip, I think I might be leaning in her direction now.

I hate politics.

Randetica
01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
so obama needs to snot his nose out so he will own back again

Auton
01-09-2008, 10:05 PM
wow, that was some terrible acting. it looked totally forced to me, personally.

Bob
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
wow, that was some terrible acting. it looked totally forced to me, personally.

she's not an actor

fucktopgirl
01-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Acting.

It seem totally faked!! i might tend to think it was put in place to gain the people compassion and to show them that she really want to do good.

If people reelected a Clinton, this is a proof of the naivity of the people. Bush, Clinton..same shit.

yeahwho
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't know what to make of it except if anything I really think it was a fluke that may have been the first genuine moment Hillary has revealed to the people and the press in a decade, she is a contradiction in terms of personality. Her husband is the ultimate schmoozer while she always seemed to tighten up the reigns, take her personality (http://onevote08.org/candidatesvideos/) (if you can hack the robotic response) from this ONE
website, all the other candidates seem to have emotion in their plans to combat extreme poverty and global disease.

BTW that link is from the quite good TPM Election Central (http://tpmelectioncentral.com/)website.

The amount of press from this (I never saw a tear either, just a few seconds of emotion from the ice woman) is incalculable as far as keeping your name in the forefront instead of Obama's in the worlds media. I think we'll be hearing a little more from Mrs. Barack (http://www.barackobama.com/about/michelle_obama/) very soon. She is incredible.

It is ultimately one of the most fascinating arenas to observe on the planet, the object of their desires is the position of the most powerful person on earth. What would you do to gain this position?

abcdefz
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
She can act a little, but she's not that good of an actress.

If you look at that Sopranos finale commercial she did with Bill, you can see she's got passable, high school level talent (after God knows
how many takes). So I kinda doubt that she was faking this. Yes, it could have been planned ("You're tired and hurt, Hillary; let people
see that you're human"), but I don't think it was acting.

yeahwho
01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
She can act a little, but she's not that good of an actress.

If you look at that Sopranos finale commercial she did with Bill, you can see she's got passable, high school level talent (after God knows
how many takes). So I kinda doubt that she was faking this. Yes, it could have been planned ("You're tired and hurt, Hillary; let people
see that you're human"), but I don't think it was acting.

Agree, the acting part and that dreaded ad where all the musicians in the USA were snubbed and Celine Dion was chosen. I haven't a clue which song it was but boy it really sucked that much I remember for sure.

Strangest choice ever, 'eh.