PDA

View Full Version : a new song and the remake of another

ericlee
01-11-2008, 03:56 AM
the new jam is called the Path of Gardenias.

Did everything on my own this time for both of these, including recording in my own comfy casa.

Bloot (http://www.myspace.com/frequentlyflyer)

also remade SOL, hopefully it rocks your face off. The intro has alot of shit goin on.

ericlee
01-12-2008, 01:17 AM
and this mf'n thread better not die till I get some voice of knowledge.

Being I took advice from the mentors, gmile, kid lolyfe, rock and rimjobikkka.

From g, I worked on my voice, for rock, I gave the bass more texture and volume. Still user my guitar as a bass but, I've got my scopes on a sweet ass fender jazz bass. And kid p said how the verses collide with the chorus. I'm still not happy with the last verse into chorus part though.

I'm gonna do one more recording of sol and call it a wrap on that song. Also sot, I'm gonna lengthen it up and funkify it.

First of the ninth is gonna have lyrics and some actual beats. Also expect 3 more new songs, probably with full band cause tomorrow I'm auditioning.

Randetica
01-12-2008, 09:24 PM
haha

it's still not the kind of music i normally listen to, too noisy and not catchy enough but 'path of gardenias' was ok i guess

mikizee
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I think you could have something here, eric. I hear how your music is progressing and im liking it.

One constructive criticism, you need to play the notes on your guitar with more conviction, like you fucking mean it! At some points some notes that are played sound a little half hearted and unpolished.

Other than that, me likee.

ericlee
01-13-2008, 11:45 AM
I think you could have something here, eric. I hear how your music is progressing and im liking it.

One constructive criticism, you need to play the notes on your guitar with more conviction, like you fucking mean it! At some points some notes that are played sound a little half hearted and unpolished.

Other than that, me likee.

Ah, i'm not the greatest guitarist. I'm can't wait to start taking classes cause I'm all self taught.

i had an audition yesterday with some real talented young men and they were amazed cause they played a song that had no lyrics and I sat down and listened and wrote lyrics and got up and sang. They were impressed by that and my voice.

They said they had like 3 more people they were going to try out but so far, I hold the slot of best interest. I'm crossing my fingers, they're a very well organized group.

Kid Presentable
01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
SOL sounded heaps better. Roomy and shit. (y)

roosta
01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Im not trying to have a go here, but to me some of this music sounds out of time. Like the guitar and the beat dont fit? Is it just me?

ericlee
01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Im not trying to have a go here, but to me some of this music sounds out of time. Like the guitar and the beat dont fit? Is it just me?

you're correct. You can definitly hear it on laopo and I'm working on a better version cause it bugs the shit out of me. I'm starting to use a metronome now.

In the meantime, I'm working on tightening these songs up and gathering ideas for new ones but my main focus is to audition for some bands with some talent and experience.

I can imagine the impact of the songs will be greatly increased with some musical veterans behind the instruments. Being a one man act is new to me cause i only used to play bass for a punk band in the early nineties.

Im hoping the band i auditioned with on saturday calls me back.

easy 3
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Nice work Eric man!

I'm pretty fucking far from the voice of knowledge but I like your tracks - I'm a huge 'smallstars' fan - I'm really into scruffy, amatuerish demo type recordings off old skate videos and garage band type stuff - some of my prized posessions are friend's demo tapes and stuff.

Um, I guess what I'm trying to say is that budgets and expensive recording equipment are definitely of secondary importance to good ideas and personality. The most important thing is enjoying yourself or getting shit off your chest in whatever way you need to, and people will recognise your integrity if you stick with it.

Um, I'm worried I might start ranting shit about punk, early hip hop and the beauty of artists working independently so I'm going to sign off and calm down, but I am finding it pretty exciting at the moment the way things have gone with the internet. It's fucked up the major-label business structure but on the other hand there are now hundreds of thousands of interesting artists at my finger-tips. I'll probably never make a penny out of my music (and probably don't deserve to) but it's great getting a little exposure and feedback.

Oops, sorry, I ranted a bit.

Thanks for the downloads man - hope it works out with that band.(y):)

ericlee
01-16-2008, 04:34 PM
hey thanks easy. Dont worry bout the rant, I know where you're coming from. Some rich chumps with no talent going places they dont deserve.

It happens everywhere in the entertainment business though. All it takes is being true and strict to yourself. Limit yourself to nothing but bread and water and mass amounts of practice in your freetime.

I do appreciate the support and I'll be checking your demos when I get home to a pc with speakers.

ericlee
01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I changed my band name to Bivouac cause too many damn people using the name frequent flyer..

I also remade Laopo. I'm happy with it and I think I can call it a wrap on that one.

ericlee
02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
remade Shades of Termination.

Kinda gave it a dance or whatever feel.