PDA

View Full Version : Endorsements

QueenAdrock
01-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Well, we all know that Ted Kennedy and his niece Caroline have come out supporting Obama, and RFK Jr. and Kathleen Kennedy Townsend have come out supporting Hillary. Chuck Norris is on Huckabee's side. Who else is there, and do you think it will have any effect on the actual campaigns?

abcdefz
01-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Oprah for Obama, of course.

b i o n i c
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
ted kennedy's is the only one that matters really.

obama as the new kennedy? take that shit to go, its done.

wwje?

Documad
01-29-2008, 09:30 PM
All of them bug the shit out of me. I hate the Kennedys and I don't want to do what Oprah does. :(

DroppinScience
01-29-2008, 11:06 PM
All of them bug the shit out of me. I hate the Kennedys and I don't want to do what Oprah does. :(

Maybe it's your Republican past talking, but why the Kennedy hate per se? While I find their (at the time) close ties to Joe McCarthy contemptible (sad but true), I'm convinced RFK Version 1968 would've rocked the house had he been given the proper chance.

At any event, I think when people wax poetic on the Kennedys, I think it's more on the hope they represented and what people saw in them than what they actually got done (which, I guess, isn't too far off from Obama's mantra today). But admittedly, it's not fair to say that when assassins' bullets prevent you from getting done what you hoped to get done. So it's all a "What if?" scenario that will never be answered.