PDA

View Full Version : new mars volta

Dorothy Wood
01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
it rules.

DroppinScience
01-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Does it? I kinda got tired of those guys a few years ago. Sparta and At The Drive-In FTW, tho.

MC Moot
02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
ummm...apparently the alot of the lyrics are derived from ancient aramaic spirits they channeled through a antique "talking" or ouija board...yeahhhh right...:rolleyes:

ToucanSpam
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Does it? I kinda got tired of those guys a few years ago. Sparta and At The Drive-In FTW, tho.

Sparta were the poopy leftovers of ATDI.

Anywhoo, I was pretty upset over Frances the Mute and it's been hard to get back on the Mars Volta train. There's been a few singles I've enjoyed but Deloused is their best album IMO.

I look forward to checking this out.

banzai
02-07-2008, 10:51 PM
I was pretty upset over Frances the Mute and it's been hard to get back on the Mars Volta train. There's been a few singles I've enjoyed but Deloused is their best album IMO.

i feel the same way. they've honestly just become way too weird for my liking. i have loved at the drive-in since the first time i heard them, and i seriously listened to deloused every single day for a few months after i got it. tremulant is great, too. i was so stoked on frances the mute but was left completely disappointed. i haven't gave a crap about this band since then. deloused is still cool once in awhile, but it's hard for me to get into anymore. plus, their drummer quit. jon theodore was seriously the most talented in that band.

and sparta is actually great. their music may be a little more simple, but they are fantastic live and all of their albums are solid.

DIGI
02-08-2008, 12:18 AM

There's been a few singles I've enjoyed but Deloused is their best album IMO.

How can you knock Sparta? Have you listened to them or just siding with campy fags you know who instantly turn Mars Volta vs Sparta into some kind of pissing contest?

Hmmm, so Deloused is their best album? I was thinking maybe one of their other shitty albums were their best effort. Christ.

Miho
02-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Everyone go get The Bedlam in Goliath. It's their best yet, in my opinion. /I/ think it's even better than De-Loused. I have to agree with others here, since the disappointment that was Frances the Mute, my interest faded in them, however they've come back with some great music; I'm going to give Amputechture a more thorough listen. That one is pretty good.

DroppinScience
02-24-2008, 03:47 PM

I'd put on a Sparta album far sooner than I would a Mars Volta album. It's that simple.

TurdBerglar
02-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Ilena is fucking dope

Miho
02-27-2008, 11:26 PM
I like Agadez the most, but yeah, Ilyena is a great song as well.