PDA

View Full Version : Cat Power "Jukebox"

MC Moot
02-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Besides the fact that I'm pretty mush crushed on Chan Marshall (especially post sobriety),this is the 2nd great record I've bought year to date...it's all covers,Hank Williams, Billie Holiday, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin,Joni Mitchell...but she makes them her own in elegant style...great stuff...plus Judah Bauer has joined the band,this is his first recorded contribution, and it shows...(y)

paul jones
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I could have bought it today but forgot.A track being played on the radio a lot I really like and plus I have all Cat Power's stuff already so I'm a fan. I bought Flight Of The Conchords BBC Radio series instead

balohna
02-05-2008, 05:25 AM
It's a good album, but I find that I like her own songs better. Even on Jukebox my favourite tracks are the ones she wrote (Metal Heart and another one I can't remember the name of).

b-grrrlie
02-05-2008, 07:37 AM
It's been praised to the skies here on all the papers and even Pet Sounds (my favourite record shop, whom I trust quite alot)
had it as their album of the week, so I'm quite curious. Have to limit my record buying now tho,
as I don't know when my next income is.... :o

Drederick Tatum
02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I haven't heard it yet but she looks mad boneable on the cover.