PDA

View Full Version : Really? No Superbowl thread?

hpdrifter
02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Amazing game. Has BigBlu been by to share his joy? He's probably sleeping.

abcdefz
02-04-2008, 01:01 PM
People are probably still weeping over how much money they lost.

hpdrifter
02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow, no one is replying. There was a lot to talk about too. Oh well, did you watch it a-z? That Manning to Tyree catch was bananas. Everyone where I was watching just got up and started yelling and none of us were particularly invested in the outcome.

Crazy insane.

My sis lives in NYC and I guess even the jaded manhattanites were out in the street celebrating.

abcdefz
02-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't watch it, no. I did see that catch, though. I actually thought Manning was down. And that other player kept trying to take the ball
from Tyree waaaaaaaayyy after the play was over. :D

beastiegirrl101
02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
BigBlu was VERY happy....got picture texts from him...what a boring game though and Tom Petty was JUST ok...any fav commercials?

hpdrifter
02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I didn't think it was boring, lots of sacks, almost turnovers and dog piles. Low scoring but probably the most exciting 4th quarter ever.

And I guess I'm in the minority but I liked Tom Petty's set. The songs he chose were appropriate, crowd pleasing, he sounded good and looked like he was having fun.

b i o n i c
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
the last quarter was pretty amazing. actually the last 2 minutes.

sick (http://www.nfl.com/videos)

good show giants! whoo hoo!

bigblu89
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Haven't posted in here in a while, I've actually been working at work the past few months.

With that being said, it still hasn't sunk in 100% yet. Everytime I think about it, it makes me smile like a little kid on Christmas. Well, a little Catholic kid at least.

People that don't "get" sports won't understand, but this seriously ranks up there as one of the happiest, non-family related moments in my entire life.

abcdefz
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Even better than the T-shirt trade?

That hurts.

hpdrifter
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Well I am happy for you! I understand how it is to want it. Hopefully I'll get to experience that feeling someday.

I think Tyree should have gotten the MVP, it was really that catch that turned the tide of the game. And without his TD earlier who knows where they'd have been.

b i o n i c
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
definately, that catch was insane! he caught it between his head and his helmet whil in the air, wtf? i was literally beside myself at that point. eli manning was on point though. that last drive was ridiculous, he deserved th mvp.

here's the thing, im not even a huge football fan, but these last few games have been something else. thank you giants(y)

hpdrifter
02-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, all of us just got up and were screaming "oh shit!" "no way!" It looked like he torqued his back pretty good too but he was not. letting. go. of that. ball. Harrison even kept trying to wrench it from his hands after the play was over! He had some grip on that mofo, glue on his helmet or something.

bigblu89
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Even better than the T-shirt trade?

That hurts.

That's 2nd. A very distant second, but 2nd nontheless.

TAL
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
It was a great game.

And there is a thread.

Drederick Tatum
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
great game. I didn't think it was boring at all. throughout the game it was a case of who was going to crack first. was pretty tense. it wasn't constant excitement, but it was very interesting. and this coming from someone who watches one American football game per season.

I think Strahan should've been MVP for leading the line that dominated the league's best offense for nearly the entire game.

Guy Incognito
02-04-2008, 05:33 PM
just seen the highlights after falling asleep when it was on - what an ending - what a play by the giants when manning kept on his feet and then that one handed catch - fucking quality bit of sport

oh and does anyone know why a lot of the giants wide receivers have lowish numbers on their backs - i thought they were always eighty something in that position

beastieboysbaby
02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
i heard the commercials weren't that good this year.

BBboy20
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0203/nfl_g_mstrahan01_412.jpg

ToucanSpam
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
As a die hard Colts fan and a huge hater of the New England Patriots, this was incredibly satisfying. Another Manning cements his place in history, it couldn't get much better than that.

Good job, Giants, you deserve to be called world champions.

checkyourprez
02-04-2008, 08:39 PM
As a die hard Colts fan and a huge hater of the New England Patriots, this was incredibly satisfying. Another Manning cements his place in history, it couldn't get much better than that.

Good job, Giants, you deserve to be called world champions.

ive always hated that.

abcdefz
02-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Kind of ironic since in most of the world, "football" means something else entirely.

bigblu89
02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah. I've always called them the Super Bowl Champions.

Not a big fan of the "World Champs" moniker.

DandyFop
02-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I didn't even know it was Superbowl Sunday until I called to order a pizza and the guy said it would be a while because of "the game".

abcdefz
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I was at a restaurant and the waitress asked me who I was for. I waved her off a little rudely, I think. :D