PDA

View Full Version : best bill murray movie

Laserface
02-05-2008, 02:19 AM
so this was inspired by that groundhogs day thread where they started talking about the movie instead of the day.

i think "the man who knew too little" is the most funniest of his movies, and it's underrated as a motherfuck. "ghostbusters" is a close second, though.

ps: sorry if i missed some

TimDoolan
02-05-2008, 02:57 AM
I can't do this.

This is like picking out your favorite child.

But I gotta say ghostbusters, because he was settled in at the top of his game as far as his type of personality in movies, kind of like Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Empire.

What about Bob is a close second.

hitmonlee
02-05-2008, 03:18 AM
ground hog day and then what about bob.

i actually hate bill murray as a person (no i don't know him, but i get that douchebag vibe from him) so i haven't really seen many of his movies.

hated lost in translation.

loved ghostbusters but it wasn't really a bill murray vehicle, it was a rick moranis film.

Laserface
02-05-2008, 03:52 AM
loved ghostbusters but it wasn't really a bill murray vehicle, it was a rick moranis film.

yeah moranis was great in that

paul jones
02-05-2008, 04:43 AM
I pick Stripes as it was the first Bill Murray film I saw and still a real favorite of all time.

Where's KINGPIN?!?!

YoungRemy
02-05-2008, 04:47 AM
where the buffalo roam

jammytastic
02-05-2008, 07:09 AM
i fucking love quick change.

i havent seen that in years im goin getting it today.

whats the bus driver called again? whats his name?? the dude from monk

abcdefz
02-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Tony Shalub (sp?)

Lost in Translation.

Auton
02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
lemming ;)

abcdefz
02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
lemming ;)

I haven't seen that one.

Auton
02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
haha.
i was just trying to jerk your chain anyway.

abcdefz
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I kinda figured I'd get shit for that, but it's my honest opinion.

I'd go with Tootsie if his part had been big enough to call it a "Bill Murray movie."

Tootsie, LiT, then Rushmore.

YoungRemy
02-05-2008, 12:30 PM
who can forget his appearance in another Rick Moranis vehicle, "Little Shop Of Horrors" ??

Candy Bar, I'm gonna get a candy Bar!

MC Moot
02-05-2008, 12:33 PM
"Where the Buffalo Roam"...(y)

abcdefz
02-05-2008, 12:40 PM
The Darjeeling Limited.

No, but seriously: Ed Wood.

roosta
02-05-2008, 01:25 PM
there's too many great films he's been in, i couldn't pick one.

YoungRemy
02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
"Where the Buffalo Roam"...(y)

johnny depp's got nothing on Bill when it comes to Hunter S. Thompson

out of the choices listed, I'll go with Rushmore, LIfe Aquatic, and Man Who Knew...

kleptomaniac
02-05-2008, 03:06 PM
groundhog day, of course! :D

Randetica
02-06-2008, 09:45 AM
i can only watch groundhog day when i got my alzheima switched on

ill go with what about bob (y) never fails to make me laugh (y) scrooged is good too but a holiday only movie

bet lost in translation is awesome but i didnt catch it yet

Planetary
02-06-2008, 09:57 AM
hes made laods of good films but my favourites so far are lost in translation and broken flowers. with broken flowers edging it at the mo.

adam_f
02-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Ernie Hudson MADE Bill Murray.

TimDoolan
02-07-2008, 11:05 PM
johnny depp's got nothing on Bill when it comes to Hunter S. Thompson

I'm making a youtube tribute video to "Fear" and "Buffalo" but it's difficult because the movies are so incompatible to one another. Like I was thinking of mixing the 60's club scene/lsd bathroom in "Fear" with Hunter flying the plane in "Buffalo," and put lucy in the sky with diamonds in the background, but then I was like, naaah.

Brother McDuff
02-08-2008, 02:27 AM
My favorite Bill Murray performance was in Rushmore. In my eyes it was the beginning of his crossover into significant dramatic performances. Though all of his dramatic work is still drenched in dry humor (and his work in this film is by no means an exception), I think his ability to command the screen beyond a cheap laugh or witty remark found its way to the surface within this role.

ericlee
02-08-2008, 02:52 AM
fuckin' terrific thread.

Of course, you may have guessed my response would be STRIPES.

Don't be jumping to conclusions that I'm a former soldier and all, but, I love that movie the most cause of A HOT CHICK IN UNIFORM AND A SPATULA ON A HOT ASS STOVE. Yeah, forget about that awesome contraption of a mobile home they had.

The stove and spatula scene was the best part of the movie.

Ok, another good thing that brings to heart about stripes is that the basic training stuff was filmed at Fort Knox, Ky.

Alot of my good pals that I went through advanced training and stuff graduated from there. One of the hardest basic training courses. Mostly cause of the mountainous terrain that they do p.t. runs on.

Hey, I ain't jealous that their basic was harder than mine in Benning.

I'm jealous the most cause they had their training where some of the best actors such as Bill Murray and, don't ever forget John!

abcdefz
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Of course, you may have guessed my response would be STRIPES.

Don't be jumping to conclusions that I'm a former soldier and all, but, I love that movie the most cause of A HOT CHICK IN UNIFORM AND A SPATULA ON A HOT ASS STOVE. Yeah, forget about that awesome contraption of a mobile home they had.

The stove and spatula scene was the best part of the movie.

Yup. (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1554327&postcount=11)

beastieangel01
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I can't do this.

This is like picking out your favorite child.

But I gotta say ghostbusters, because he was settled in at the top of his game as far as his type of personality in movies, kind of like Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Empire.

What about Bob is a close second.

I'm with you exactly on this one. Although Groundhog's Day and What About Bob get tangled for me for spot #2.

I had the biggest crush on Bill Murray though when I saw Ghostbusters. I loved that movie regardless, but yeah. I've seen it a million times and still love it. And him.

Which is disturbing considering how old I was when watching the movie for the first time :p

ericlee
02-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Yup. (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1554327&postcount=11)

Haha. Terrific!

I'm kinda pissed not to see Kingpin too. That comb over WAS
the whole movie.

Yeti
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
People voted on Caddyshack but nobody mentioned it as their favorite.
Carl Spackler is my favorite.

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Parkey
02-08-2008, 07:26 PM
The Man Who Knew Too Little also stars Minty from Eastenders... DOUBLE WHAMMY!

BangkokB
02-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Broken flowers
That movie was Genius:I loved the premise. And the music~ Mulatu Astatke was extraordinary. I'd never heard of him before~ Come to find out he's the 1st Ethiopian to attend that fine school of Music that name escape me at the moment.

Fun Fact: At the end of the movie the kid that he sees in VW car is his nephew or something like that

DrunkenMantis
02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Rushmore is my fav.....I used to piss myself watching Quickchange