PDA

View Full Version : elijah wood as iggy pop!?

mate_spawn_die
02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
not sure this was posted here or not...

eilijah wood playing iggy pop? ha! what a joke...

The Passenger is an upcoming movie biopic about Pop's early career with the Stooges. The film will be directed by Nick Gomez. It will start shooting within the next six months and is expected in theatres sometime during the summer of 2008. The movie's budget is in the $6 million to $8 million range. Elijah Wood will play Pop.

Wood revealed during an interview that he is "scared to death" of doing it, because he is a huge fan of Pop and he doesn't want to be the "person responsible for screwing that up." He also said the movie will chronicle The Stooges era, for the most part.

Pop liked the script but refused to take a part in the film, He said:

The script ain't chopped liver... It was a work of art. But subjectively, I don't want to be involved in any way. A producer and the writer sent me a very decent letter, and asked me to write back if I didn't want them to do it... I don't feel negative about it at all

Pop also said that Wood seems like a very poised and talented actor.

Randetica
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
i hate both

abcdefz
02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
It's awfully weird casting.

Although Eternal Sunshine showed the kid can actually act.

(Jim Carey, too, actually.)

MC Moot
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Anthony Kiedis has wanted the role for yrs...:rolleyes:

abcdefz
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Has Iggy had such an interesting life, really?

Yetra Flam
02-06-2008, 02:59 PM
either elijah's neck is too thick, or his head is too small, but something is wrong with the proportions there.

MC Moot
02-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I agree...I mean besides the absolute depravity,debauchery and self mutilation...but I find him a hell of alot more interesting and a infinetley greater talent than Sid V ever was..

MC Moot
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
either elijah's neck is too thick, or his head is too small, but something is wrong with the proportions there.

yep,completley wrong...(y)

abcdefz
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Sid's pretty boring, but his story at least has an arc.

MC Moot
02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Sid's pretty boring, but his story at least has an arc.

If by arc you mean the dead end denouement,well yeah...:D

abcdefz
02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Pretty much.

What a pathetic couple. I can't believe they've been romanticized.

MC Moot
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
In 2003 my brother and I travelled to the New Yawk and got a room on the same floor of the Chelsea where it all ended...not Sid's room but the one Ginsberg and William S Burroughs holed up in....it was that or Leonard Cohens room...:o

abcdefz
02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
That must've been expensive...

...and with that, I'm gone for the day.

Later!

mate_spawn_die
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Has Iggy had such an interesting life, really?

iggy is a legend. these shit bands, "rock stars" and "punks" nowadays are just copying everything that man invented 4 decades ago. who else before him did a "stage dive"? who else before him spread peanut butter over their chest while "crowd surfing". it's not just his antics either... the stooge's music was "punk" a decade before that dumb label was invented.

i'd much rather see a documentry about iggy than elijah wood acting like he's a "rock star". it's laughable.

i don't see the big deal about sid vicious either.

banzai
02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
horrible casting.

abcdefz
02-08-2008, 12:06 PM
iggy is a legend. these shit bands, "rock stars" and "punks" nowadays are just copying everything that man invented 4 decades ago. who else before him did a "stage dive"? who else before him spread peanut butter over their chest while "crowd surfing". it's not just his antics either... the stooge's music was "punk" a decade before that dumb label was invented.

Okay, so you've got 20 minutes.

Is his life story interesting? Not his contribution. A guy cures cancer, okay, you've got a story about the research, etc., but it doesn't
mean his life story is of any interest.

abcdefz
02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
You know what's kind of sad? Heath Ledger probably would've been a good Iggy Pop.

But I'm still not convinced it's a movie.

mate_spawn_die
02-08-2008, 12:42 PM

Is his life story interesting? Not his contribution. A guy cures cancer, okay, you've got a story about the research, etc., but it doesn't

how can i answer that? i don't know his life story. how do you know if someone has a interesting life story until you read it or see it on the screen? i hate reading... so theres only one way for me to find out. i'd rather see a documentry with his story mixed with some rare old footage of the stooges performances, iggy's television interviews and performances from the 70's, a rare unreleased sex tape of him and bowie (lol :rolleyes:) etc. etc. i don't wanna see some fake garbage film with frodo.

come on man, he's iggy pop! do you really think he has no cool stories? a REALLY boring life story would be elijah woods! lol

abcdefz
02-08-2008, 12:46 PM
how can i answer that? i don't know his life story.

Well, then -- that's what I'm asking.

mate_spawn_die
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
btw that was my 100th post... do i get some kind of special beastie prize? ;)

mate_spawn_die
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, then -- that's what I'm asking.

ask iggy pop.

abcdefz
02-08-2008, 12:55 PM
...or Wikipedia. Just get the outline and see if it sounds interesting.

mate_spawn_die
02-08-2008, 01:09 PM
i hate reading

:D

abcdefz
02-08-2008, 01:41 PM
How can you bear being at a message board all day, then?

mate_spawn_die
02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
does this sound like a good scene for a iggy movie?

here's a story written by the man himself....

Queering Out:

When I was first supposed to go up for the draft, it was the biggest quarterly callup, and hopefully would be the last . It was late 1966. They needed 650,000 guys to sign the dotted line within 3 months; each was to serve for 2 years.

I didn't want to go up for several reasons. One, I couldn't stand the idea of being a pawn of the sick society of America, dominated by men. Two, there was my musical career - the odds are so great anyway that you can't have an interruption. Anyway, no way Jose was I going to sleep in a bunkhouse with a bunch of crewcut machos: I hate guys - at least ones who call themselves guys - they are full of shit.

So I was still in the Prime Movers band at this time. They were older guys, a blues band. I was waiting, smelling out the right move: waiting for the Stooges to appear. So what did I do? My strategy to get out was this. First, I said to my mom, "Mom, you know I've really been looking like a ragamuffin." So she bought me the kind of clothes that a mother buys, right? A pair of nice gray slacks that fit really absurdly, you know, and a funny crew neck, mauve sweater-ish sort of polo shirt. I had my hair cut very short. i looked great as a mamma's boy, my disguise was impeccable.

My idea was to queer out. So I went down to the station, down to Fort Wayne with my peer group. We all went down on a special bus line. We all did a mental test, and then we took physicals, starting at station one. Station one is where you take off your clothes down to your skivies, and then you're supposed to get in line for the next bullshit test. So, in my part of the room, I stripped off and didn't have any underwear, just bare naked - pretty clever plan, eh? I just whacked it a little bit and walked out with just the most enormous hard-on (11" x 1 3/4" at approximately a 94 degree angle), straight toward my place in line. I'd not gone four steps when a shout rang out: "Halt!" a sergeant approached. "Where's your UNDERWEAR?!!!"

So I got noticed right away. "Help me out man," I said. So they sent me to a rest station to collect myself. I then hyperventilated and ran down the hall, stopping just before I saw a medic - so I was really shaking - and he said, "what's wrong?" and I said, "I'm gay, man, I'm scared to be here with my clothes off around other men." So I went to the shrink, and he asked me questions like, "Wht does gay mean? What's a queen?" things like that. By this time I was really into it. He took me downstairs to the captain. I was almost in tears, I was so wrapped up in my role - lots of convulsions and tears. I started disgusting him and undermining his professional attitude, and he asked me to leave.

It only took me an hour and a half to evade the draft: all in a good day's work.

Waus
02-10-2008, 05:27 PM

I get the impression the movie will be just about his time with the Stooges into his early solo career. I got a biography of him last Christmas and it stayed pretty interesting. There were some good ups and downs between the Stooges beginnings and the onset of his solo career.

For instance, that fight the band got in with a biker gang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallic_KO), starting out as a weird experimental art rock group, living in a crazy rundown house in Ann Arbor...Iggy eventually getting so strung out the band broke up, crazy stage performances, Iggy getting committed and coming back out to record a lost album...

I dunno. Take all that and I bet you could fill 90 minutes.
I thought Ewan McGregor was a pretty good Iggy (http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/8f9/d7c/8f9d7c5b-97ea-4afe-ab5d-5bb0dad74d8f.large-profile.jpg) in "Velvet Goldmine."