PDA

View Full Version : songs that radio and mtv ruined

mate_spawn_die
02-09-2008, 07:14 AM
it doesn't matter how much i love a song, if i am forced to listen to it a million times i will eventually get so sick of it that it will forever be ruined in my ears. thanks to mtv and corporate radio these songs will never be the same...

(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) - Beastie Boys
Creep - Radiohead
Feel Good Inc. - Gorilliaz
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd

these are songs i never liked in the first place... but now i feel like alex delarge when he hears beethoven.

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd (someone give me a gun! AAHHHH!!!!)
Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie (THE HORROR! OH, THE HUMANITY!)
Outside - Staind (anything by this band will instantly make me vomit)
Down with the Sickness - Disturbed (anything by this band will instantly make me vomit)

i can't possibly list them all.

Videodrome
02-09-2008, 08:17 AM
mtv played "outside" an insane amount of times.

Jitters
02-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I never liked either one but people seriously overplayed No One Knows by QOTSA and Send the Pain Below by Chevelle.

The last one makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

balohna
02-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I listen to the local rock station usually when I listen to the radio. Since I live in Canada there is a required amount of Canadian content they have to play so I hear way too fucking much Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Theory of a Deadman, Default, etc. Horrible horrible music. I basically listen to the station as opposed to others because they do play good music as well, but most of the big hits on the station are shitty.

Deep_Sea_Rain
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey Ya.

Jitters
02-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey Ya.

I was 13 around the time stations started playing Hey Ya and I remember it was so popular that a local rock station even played it.

DroppinScience
02-10-2008, 03:21 PM
These days, I try my best to avoid commercial radio "ruining" a song. But I think a lot of hardcore Feist fans are going to have to burn down the Apple HQ for endlessly playing the hell out of "1 2 3 4" in their iPod commercials because they be getting MAD at the exposure and are spurning "new" fans.

I still love the song though.

Guy Incognito
02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
"Stronger" was the one from last year for me.

russhie
02-10-2008, 11:51 PM
These days, I try my best to avoid commercial radio "ruining" a song. But I think a lot of hardcore Feist fans are going to have to burn down the Apple HQ for endlessly playing the hell out of "1 2 3 4" in their iPod commercials because they be getting MAD at the exposure and are spurning "new" fans.

I still love the song though.

I never quite understood that kind of attitude.

It's like people fail to realise that bands go and participate in business transactions, and those who were into them previously get all uppity because new fans don't "get" the sound or history or whatever.

The band wants publicity, and some cash, and they get it. Beyond that, what's to get?

hitmonlee
02-10-2008, 11:58 PM
although i don't actually like this song - i wouldn't hate it so much if i'd heard it less

gnarls barkley - crazy
sos - rhianna

mate_spawn_die
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
my girl - the temptations (ruined ruined ruined)
chasing cars - snow patrol (never good in the first place)

abcdefz
02-29-2008, 09:57 AM
It's awfully hard to listen to "Stairway to Heaven" with fresh ears.

jabumbo
02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
i remember a female friend being real into "hey there delilah" a while back, and so she played it for me a few times and i was moderately accepting of the song.

a few months later, i had heard it far too many times for my own good, and now i completely despise the song. the shame of it is that i rarely listen to a radio station that would play that song, but anytime i seemed to tune on, it was playing.

Whatitis
02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
MTV plays videos! That is news to me.

taquitos
03-01-2008, 12:29 AM
smells like teen spirit

KingSpanner
03-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Girls - Beastie Boys

Not that it was ever a good song to begin with, but I swear it's the only Beastie Boys song that Utah's "alternative" radio station plays. If anyone ever calls in and requests they play some Beastie Boys, they throw on Girls.

I've also heard too much D.A.N.C.E.

Junker
03-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Well, I hate Emos because of MTV.

afronaut
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
I listen to this "independent" radio station on the way to school basically only because they don't play as many commercials and i don't have any other way of listening to music in my car. every day last week, every single day, when i turned my radio on, they were either playing that piece of shit sara bareilles love song song or that piece of shit foo fighters song. its ridiculous.