PDA

View Full Version : Your tax return check....

beastiegirrl101
02-09-2008, 09:43 AM
So what are you doing with your tax return check? I’m not getting a huge amount back, but a considerable amount. I know I should pay bills or knock out some of my debt but I just want to blow it on some fabulous trip. February is such an awesome time to get away but with me being unemployed I’m trying to be responsible….and it stinks!

What are your plans with your moolah?

checkyourprez
02-09-2008, 10:23 AM
either put it towards a car. or save it.

certainly not going out to buy a flatscreen or some dumb shit that they want everyone to spend it on.

RobMoney$
02-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Hotel Room, Spending Money, Gas money, and 2 tickets to a concert in NYC around the first week of March is what I'm spending part of my refund on.

By the time I blow that Income Tax refund, that Economic Stimulus Check should be rolling in.(y)

kaiser soze
02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I received my federal but have yet to see my state return, being a poor college student helped me out but I'll be seeing it go quick with much needed maintenance of my car and other things

TAL
02-09-2008, 10:50 AM
We get the tax return in December, so I don't have any plans at the moment.

milleson
02-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Paying off the credit card. Zero balance, baby!

RobMoney$
02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I refuse to get into credit card debt ever again, It's for suckers.

You wind up paying 4k for $1500 worth of crap you probably didn't need in the first place. I've come to learn that If I can't afford to pay for it in cash, I probably don't really need it.

YoungRemy
02-09-2008, 11:31 AM
i like the idea of this free check for tax payers this year. $300-$600 dollars has been approved for millions of Americans.

as for my tax return, I always get screwed each year and owe money. I might qualify for the earned income tax credit this year, as I used alot of my savings and stayed off the radar as far as Uncle Sam is concerned...

kaiser soze
02-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I would prefer not to get the rebate check because it looks like it'll take away from next tax season. I bet the majority of people will put it towards bills rather than "stimulating" the economy

I think it's a sick way to win votes for the republicans, the money isn't free....it'll come from our taxes

HEIRESS
02-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I took out an ass-load of RRSP's this year, so I hope to get over 3 grand back.

Im going to cash in some holiday pay, take off work and go live like a frenchie in montreal for the month of April.
Go to lots of shows (hot chip, A-trak, jason collett, peter elkas squeeee), buy some pretty things for myself, and eat enough smoked meat and bagels to choke a caribou.
and supposedly there is somewhere there who likes to have intercourse with me, so that will be fun too.

milleson
02-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I refuse to get into credit card debt ever again, It's for suckers.

You wind up paying 4k for $1500 worth of crap you probably didn't need in the first place. I've come to learn that If I can't afford to pay for it in cash, I probably don't really need it.

pfft. Unless your kid gets sick, your car breaks down, and you need a new water heater in the course of two months.

edit: add the a/c on the house goes out, too.

kaiser soze
02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
I took out an ass-load of RRSP's this year, so I hope to get over 3 grand back.

Im going to cash in some holiday pay, take off work and go live like a frenchie in montreal for the month of April.
Go to lots of shows (hot chip, A-trak, jason collett, peter elkas squeeee), buy some pretty things for myself, and eat enough smoked meat and bagels to choke a caribou.
and supposedly there is somewhere there who likes to have intercourse with me, so that will be fun too.

Hey if Montreal ever bores ya check out Burlington VT, you'll like it

QueenAdrock
02-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Paying off my parents some money I owe them, pay off rent for the next few months, save the rest for tuition next year.

I'm a party animal, I know.

RobMoney$
02-09-2008, 06:45 PM
pfft. Unless your kid gets sick, your car breaks down, and you need a new water heater in the course of two months.

edit: add the a/c on the house goes out, too.

Kid gets sick - I have health insurance, $10 for a family doctor, $25 for emergency room visit.

Car breaks down - I have a brand new car, I just turned the odometer over 5k miles so I don't think I'll have any mechanical problems, not to mention I have a 100k mile warranty on it.

Water Heater goes - Water Heaters cost anywhere between $300 -$500. I don't need a credit card for that. I can install it myself too.

AC goes - I have window AC's. Not to worry.

The reason I have a new car that's under warranty for another 95k miles and I can go out and buy a new water heater or AC on the spot is because I don't have thousands of dollars in CC debt swallowing up a majority part of my income every month or every time I get a refund check it goes to paying off a bill.

I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but I've been in CC debt. I've declared Bankruptcy because of it. I've learned my lesson and believe me, it's a suckers game.

jabumbo
02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
lol. i don't have a credit card to get debt on.

i might actually get something back this year since i actually earned money for once. i'll porbably sticj it in the savings so i can afford a down payment on a house come fall when i need a real place to live.

trailerprincess
02-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Mine will go towards the house I think. Or I'll just use it as my spending money for my trip.

beastiegirrl101
02-10-2008, 04:04 PM
should I be responsible or go to Hawaii?

DAMNIT!

jabumbo
02-10-2008, 10:16 PM
you should be responsible and come to pittsburgh ;)

adam_f
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
And stay with me instead of that douchebag, jabumbo ;)

Loppfessor
02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I"m paying off my credit card, putting some in my IRA, and blowing the rest on a Mountain Bike, MP3 Player, and booze

hpdrifter
02-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm throwing it all at my credit card. That bastard better be ready for a fight because I'm coming for it.

BG101, are you kidding? GO TO HAWAII!

kll
02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
should I be responsible or go to Hawaii?

DAMNIT!

yo, hawaii is still an option? a tantalizing option? um, the hawaii thing (since it's still hanging around) should be done then.

NoFenders
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Most likely my return will be spent in Florida. One drink at a time. :cool:

bigblu89
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Probably towards the bills or the mortgage.

I have no clue, the wife does the finances.

I'm just there to kill spiders and lift heavy objects.

beastiegirrl101
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
yo, hawaii is still an option? a tantalizing option? um, the hawaii thing (since it's still hanging around) should be done then.

yes yes and yes.

screw that I'm going.

TAL
02-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, stop with the checks (cheques) already.
They're so outdated, I haven't seen one in use since the 80s.

Burnout18
02-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Take the check, cash it, and head to Atlantic City one weekend.

Bob
02-11-2008, 06:42 PM
i'm going to cash it, convert it into pennies, fill my bathtub and roll around like scrooge mcduck

actually i think i'm going to owe this year

jabumbo
02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
And stay with me instead of that douchebag, jabumbo ;)

dude, teamwork man!

she totally brushed us off because of your comment! (n)

hey bg101, you like museums, right?

Bob
02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
why? you gonna buy her a museum mr moneybags?

adam_f
02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by jabumbo
dude, teamwork man!

Dude, how about telling me we're a team. I didn't know.

jabumbo
02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
who else would i team up with? bob?

come on now!

adam_f
02-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I know, it was a mistake on my part. Dude, if it somehow works out...I'll take seconds.

Loppfessor
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
What the fuck dude!?....I got the e-mail notification today that my return has been accepted but I don't get my moolah till the 22nd!!