PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a ticket to see Haydent tomorrow night?

HEIRESS
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I have the flu. and I cant go.

on top of that, they've close down the main highway to get to the coast from where i live to do some avalanche control.
so that means any journeys must be taken on the older highway through this wind-y canyon and the journey takes about 2 hours longers

signing up for a 7 hour bus trip PLUS the 2 hour ferry journey is not something I can force myself to do in my current state. even if it means missing out on my beloved hayden. eagghh, i just had a wave of nausea go through me thinking about having the flu and being on a ferry of any sort.

I killed myself last week at work with 6 days of 11 hour shift just so I could take the time off guilt-free this week to make this concert and spend a nice weekend on the island.

now im at home sick and supremely angry.

kaiser soze
02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Haydent or Hayden?

Take a part of me, take all of me, come with me, get away from me

MC Moot
02-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Nope...but I am going coastal for Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks on March 3 at Dick’s on Dicks with The Joggers opening…soooo excited...(y)(y)(y)(y)

HEIRESS
02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
hayden
I dont have my glasses on so basically i cant see

http://www.wasteyourdaysaway.com/news.html

eek, my mom just said she saw something on the news about a bombing in vancouver, but I cant find anything online about it yet.

MC Moot
02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm thinking gas leak...or seeing as how it's a Starbucks maybe the Eugene anarchists are in town...W Broadway though....must have thrown a panic...

A business area in Vancouver is being treated as a crime scene after a powerful blast destroyed a coffee shop and several other businesses in the early morning hours Wednesday.
CTV.ca News Staff

Police are investigating the explosion which occurred at about 2:30 a.m., but few details have been released.
No one was hurt by the blast, which scattered crushed metal and broken glass across the street and sidewalk at 686 West Broadway.
"There's debris all over the place and broken glass," said CTV British Columbia's Maria Weisgarber, reporting from the scene of the blast Wednesday morning.
"A coffee shop, a clothing store, and four or five business have suffered damages as the result of this explosion which we still don't know the cause of at this time."
Weisgarber told CTV's Canada AM the blast was so powerful that windows were blown out in businesses across the street.
People in the area reported hearing a loud blast and feeling a tremor, she said.
"There's a hotel across the street and as high as the sixth floor a window was blown out right into a guest's room," W said.
John McKearney of Vancouver Fire and Emergency Services said the area is currently under lockdown, and will remain off limits until at least noon local time.
"Our crews are on the scene right now as well as we're working with the Vancouver Police Department's arsons division branch to determine cause," he told Canada AM.
Fire officials are also looking into the possibility of a gas leak.