PDA

View Full Version : sorry about "fuck the 2 party system"

abbott
02-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I have come to regret my post about the 2 party system. When I think about our political system, I know of several great things that come to mind and only a few things I think of as opportunities to correct.

2 big opportunities I see: I do believe the 2 party system as we know it today is fucked up and I hate the power in the senate and congress that comes with seniority, so I am a big advocate for term limits.

Why do I regret my post ... because I just bitched and complained when the truth is I hate being that guy, I want to talk about the solutions. So what is it???

Finally I am excited about the potential in the air with what the Democrats are doing. That is a minority is going to be on the ticket for president. Finally, I do not want to vote for Clinton so I am hoping that Obama is the man. I would be happy to swing my vote that way.

GreenEarthAl
02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I think the two party system is highly undemocratic by design.

Watching Obama speeches he seems to say most of the same things I would say, so at least he says the right things. I still say that what we do in the 4 years in between are far more important than electoral politics. Electoral politics seems to give you some limited ability to collectively limit the amount of damage your government and their owners are going to do to you and your world. I prefer to focus most of my energy figuring out what needs to built instead and how is whatever comes after going to operate.

saz
02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
the two party system doesn't work anymore because they're essentially both the same party, serving the same corporate interests. america needs at least four to five parties: dems, repubs, greens, libertarians, and a party for the religious right.

abbott
11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I guess I first liked the guy about the time I made this post... made 02/08

Finally I am excited about the potential in the air with what the Democrats are doing. That is a minority is going to be on the ticket for president. Finally, I do not want to vote for Clinton so I am hoping that Obama is the man. I would be happy to swing my vote that way.