PDA

View Full Version : Obama Supporter Can't Name One Legislative Accomplishment

RobMoney$
02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
HAHAHAHAAA (http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/2/20/11252/0951)

Senator from Texas who supports Barak Hussien Obama can't name one legaslative accomplishment.

Obama's accomplishments: Excitement, Hope, for Change and Inspiring.

It's a big beauty pageant anyway.
Most people don't have a clue about who they're voting for.

NoFenders
02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree that most people have no clue about what they are voting on.

The other night, myself and group of friends were sitting around my kitchen.We started talking about politics and such, when all of a sudden a young lady says "I'm voting for Obama!!" very proud of herself too I might add. I asked "why??" Her response "He's just great!" "What makes you think that" I asked. "I don't know, he just is." I kinda backed off after that. Pointless going any further. The sad thing is, there's hundreds of thousands of people who think the exact same way. They vote for political figures like the vote for American Idol or Dance shows. Having no clue about exactly what they stand for. They just know he looks good, speaks well, and nobody has accused him of any crimes, so hey, let's vote for him. Oh wait, he wants change too, and he has hope.

wtf I laugh at this crap all the time in my head.Glad I have a place to throw it away. Thanks.

:cool:

b i o n i c
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
the result would be exactly the same if this video was done the same way for john mccain.

he hasnt been around as long as mccain, yes.

but this game can be played the other way around.

name one thing obama should be ashamed of.
name one thing mccain should be ashamed of.

pretty funny that people would base their views in opposition to idiots the ones in the video. there are all kinds of republican idiots that most fairly intelligent people choose not to listen to.

DroppinScience
02-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I agree that most people have no clue about what they are voting on.

The other night, myself and group of friends were sitting around my kitchen.We started talking about politics and such, when all of a sudden a young lady says "I'm voting for Obama!!" very proud of herself too I might add. I asked "why??" Her response "He's just great!" "What makes you think that" I asked. "I don't know, he just is." I kinda backed off after that. Pointless going any further. The sad thing is, there's hundreds of thousands of people who think the exact same way. They vote for political figures like the vote for American Idol or Dance shows. Having no clue about exactly what they stand for. They just know he looks good, speaks well, and nobody has accused him of any crimes, so hey, let's vote for him. Oh wait, he wants change too, and he has hope.

wtf I laugh at this crap all the time in my head.Glad I have a place to throw it away. Thanks.

:cool:

Well, the very nature of U.S. elections since 1960 (think of the Kennedy vs. Nixon debates) is, for better or worse, more based on personality and image than ideas.

I'll use an example from the other aisle. Was there any substance to Bush's runs for President in 2000 and 2004? Not particularly. It was based much more on emotions and rhetoric than what he actually stood for. They went for his "folksy" charm over anything of substance.

RobMoney$
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
They went for his "folksy" charm over anything of substance.

No, he rigged the election in Florida in 2000 and the fine folks in those "Red States" thought he did enough to earn a chance to finish the job in 2004.
They didn't seem to grasp the idea that the job only was supposed to be for 4 years, not 8.