PDA

View Full Version : I never had a pet so...

Waus
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
...forgive me if I seem unsympathetic when your ancient dog dies.

I openly admitted I didn't like it - but I think it had a lot to do with the fact that from the day I met it it was ugly as sin and unpettable by anyone who came to your house. The thing had crazy nasty sores and would periodically just start bleeding on stuff and smelled like 1200 hobos. Thing would shit in your room when your parents went on trips and turned the front lawn into a shoe-minefield. It whined every time you were in the kitchen for a treat, and constantly interrupted movies, dinner etc. to be let out of the house just so it could wander to the back door after 10 minutes and scratch until you let it back in.

I hated that fucking dog, I don't care what it meant to you.

jackrock
02-26-2008, 11:36 AM
So... You killed him?

camo
02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
I'd feel sorry if you were an old spinster and you had one of those dogs that liked to lick peanut butter from your foof-de-lala.

jabumbo
02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
i never had a pet either man, so i'm right there with you!

beastieangel01
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
I think it shouldn't matter if you don't make a big deal of being upset about it passing, but I also think that someones feelings should be respected even if you don't feel the same way.

Unless they are making it a point to give you crap for not feeling EXACTLY how they do. That's not cool.

Yorkshire~Rose
02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
I think it shouldn't matter if you don't make a big deal of being upset about it passing, but I also think that someones feelings should be respected even if you don't feel the same way.

I agree. I have a feeling Waus is just venting though...i take it you haven't said all this to the person concerned.

If you have...not cool (n)

Oh and 'foof-de-lala' is now my word of the week. (y):D

Waus
02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah I never said anything like that. I just had to say SOMEwhere that I hated it and wasn't really sad about it dying. Sorry if I sounded callous.

Miho
02-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I'm the same way, Waus. My parents were never thrilled by the idea of having pets in our houses, so we never became a pet family. When I was a kid, I owned a couple cats, and when my parents sold them off, I was extremely heart-broken. That's the last moment I can recall where I was devastated seeing pets go. When my friends talk about their pets from their hearts, it's difficult for me to sympathize, but I try. It has been a long time since I cared for a pet of my own. Also, pet conversations put me to sleep, such as "my pet so-and-so did this or that". Bah.

funk63
02-26-2008, 04:55 PM
damn.

hitmonlee
02-26-2008, 11:08 PM
i've never had a sister myself but i'd still be sympathetic if someone lost their old, fat, ugly, smelly sister.

alien autopsy
02-27-2008, 01:16 AM
i love dogs. however, i know what you mean. some dogs are just...assholes.

alien autopsy
02-27-2008, 01:19 AM
i noticed at funerals, i never get sad because i wont see the person anymore. just when i see everyone else being sad. but i have cried when a few of my friends dogs died. aw man.

Waus
02-27-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm not sure it's so much that I never had a pet - but more I never knew this dog when it was healthy. I mean, I have a good memory of it following us around when we went through the back yard once...but mostly just memories of the dog interrupting things and being a nuisance.

Human beings are totally different.

hitmonlee
02-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Human beings are totally different.

no dude they really aren't. you're only saying that because you've never had a pet.
i grew up with my cat from about the age of 8 until i was 21. who would be there
when i got home from school... my parents? nope, my cat was there. whenever i
was crying and angry at my parents, who would be there for me? my cat. who
would sleep on my bed every night? my cat. who would sit on my lap purring and
watching tv with me? my cat.

same deal with my brother and the dog. bro had him from age 6-21. who was
always up for a run in the park? the dog. who protected us from burglers? the dog.

they aren't just pests that you feed. they are real companions with personalities.

i'm sorry that you never got to have a pet, but don't let that rule how others should
think of pets.

Also, pet conversations put me to sleep, such as "my pet
so-and-so did this or that". Bah.

i feel the same about baby convos.

camo
02-27-2008, 03:37 AM
Oh and 'foof-de-lala' is now my word of the week. (y):D

Heather calls it a foof and I called it a lala, thus 'foof de lala' was born.

£1 for every time you say it please

:)

Guy Incognito
02-27-2008, 07:44 AM
when i first met my wife - she had 3 cats and a dog which are still very much alive.

Mair the dog - 8 - mad as a bottle of chips and officially the best dog in the world.
Geiger the cat - 10 and sister of
Fozzy the cat - 10 and seriously evil in a bond villan's cat type way
Guiness - 18 and although she has a deep mistrust of ..well everything she is top.
I will really miss Guiness when she goes which could be any day now as 18 is a good knock for a cat.
However, the other two cats do my head in - always fighting - randomly shitting in places they shouldnt
and generally being a pain in th'arse. I dont think i will be that bothered when they go.
But if they live as long as Guiness maybe my attitude will change.

TurdBerglar
02-27-2008, 09:37 AM
one of the hardest things to do is to have your dog put down. cat's no so much because they don't have souls. you can just bring your sickly cat out in the backyard and whack it with a shovel. but a dog has a soul. a dog cares about you and you're well being and hopes nothing but the best for you. well hopes for things that only a dog mind can think of. a dog knows when you're having a bad day and will do things to try to cheer you up. you can play a prank on a dog and the dog will eventually get you back. say you sneak up on your dog and scare it. it doesn't run and way and growl at you like a cat does. he jumps, and looks at you all like... you got me good that time, buddy! ahahaha! lets play! then a couple of hours later when you're loading the dishwasher he'll sneak up behind you and nip you on the ass then take of running all like... YOU CAN'T GET ME YOU CLUMSY HUMAN!!!!

but most cats are just... feed me, pet me, pay attention to me. and all cats do this move. you'll be petting it and it'll be very content and then all of a sudden it'll just attack you and jump off you looking at you all like...WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE! WHY ARE YOU SUCH AN ASSHOLE! then it'll hide and you won't see it for a couple of days.

beastiegirrl101
02-27-2008, 09:47 AM
this thread makes me cringe.

funk63
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
one of the hardest things to do is to have your dog put down. cat's no so much because they don't have souls. you can just bring your sickly cat out in the backyard and whack it with a shovel. but a dog has a soul. a dog cares about you and you're well being and hopes nothing but the best for you. well hopes for things that only a dog mind can think of. a dog knows when you're having a bad day and will do things to try to cheer you up. you can play a prank on a dog and the dog will eventually get you back. say you sneak up on your dog and scare it. it doesn't run and way and growl at you like a cat does. he jumps, and looks at you all like... you got me good that time, buddy! ahahaha! lets play! then a couple of hours later when you're loading the dishwasher he'll sneak up behind you and nip you on the ass then take of running all like... YOU CAN'T GET ME YOU CLUMSY HUMAN!!!!

but most cats are just... feed me, pet me, pay attention to me. and all cats do this move. you'll be petting it and it'll be very content and then all of a sudden it'll just attack you and jump off you looking at you all like...WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE! WHY ARE YOU SUCH AN ASSHOLE! then it'll hide and you won't see it for a couple of days.

LOL

bigblu89
02-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah I never said anything like that. I just had to say SOMEwhere that I hated it and wasn't really sad about it dying. Sorry if I sounded callous.

Dear person that will never read this, but is the one I should be saying this to:

I hated your dog, and am glad it's dead, I just don't have the balls to tell you, so I told a bunch of internet strangers instead.

Love,

"Waus"

Waus
02-27-2008, 04:42 PM
She knew I didn't like the dog.

I didn't say mean stuff like that in person because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I understand loving animals, and that her relationship with the dog was different. I typed it out on the bbmb just to make me feel better.

hitmonlee
02-27-2008, 07:55 PM
a dog knows when you're having a bad day and will do things to try to cheer you up.

cats do this too

you can play a prank on a dog and the dog will eventually get you back. say you sneak up on your dog and scare it. it doesn't run and way and growl at you like a cat does. he jumps, and looks at you all like... you got me good that time, buddy! ahahaha! lets play! then a couple of hours later when you're loading the dishwasher he'll sneak up behind you and nip you on the ass then take of running all like... YOU CAN'T GET ME YOU CLUMSY HUMAN!!!!

some people can never really bond with cats because they are so narcissistic that they can only bond with things that show them exactly the amount of affection that is shown to them in return.

TurdBerglar
02-27-2008, 07:58 PM
nah

cats suck

silence7
02-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I live in an apartment, and I came home one day to a full grown rooster in my back yard, this rooster was balder than Kojak and I could tell he was a fighting rooster that had somehow escaped. I don't live in the country, so I don't know how in the hell he got there or where he came from.

I had that rooster for two years, he slept on the patio, crowed day and night, he'd crow at 3am, and 9pm, he was just weird like that, he'd crow whenever the hell he felt like it. I lived in fear that I was going to either have to get rid of him, or move out because after all, this was an apartment complex, and not a barnyard. But nobody said a word.

He was happy to see me when I got home (Or at least he was happy to be fed). One day I came home to two large dogs in my yard who had nearly done him in, and I had to put him to sleep. You'd never think you could get so attached to a rooster.

About a week after he was gone, random people I didn't even know in the complex, would see me walking from my car and ask, "What happened to your rooster?" They were sad that he was gone, and some even encouraged me to get another one. They all said the same thing though, they said that when they heard him it made them feel a little less like they were living in the city and they loved it.

</story>

taquitos
02-27-2008, 09:06 PM
My neighbors have a rooster, it's awful.

Also, there used to be a rooster that hid in the bushes near my house and
attacked by older sister each day when she got off the bus.

Overall, I do like roosters though.

TurdBerglar
02-27-2008, 09:09 PM
roosters are fucking mean bastards

for whatever reason there's about three houses on my street that have chickens. the dogs and the cats stay away from those houses. every so often you'll see a dog or cat just ripping ass down the street with one or two rosters on it's tail. those fucking things are like miniature raptors from jurasic park.

Dorothy Wood
02-28-2008, 11:07 AM
this thread makes me sad. however, I understand not liking a sickly dog when you didn't grow up with it.

I've hated a dog once, it belonged to a family I used to babysit for. it was really stinky and it was basically a crotch sniffing hump machine. you couldn't even really pet it because its fur was so greasy. the kids didn't even like it.

and I think most cats are shitty, but some are pretty hilarious and awesome. I wouldn't say that only cats start biting if you pet them too long either. my friend's pit bull gets all riled up if you pet him a lot and starts nipping. and then it's like, "AHHHH!, YOU ARE GOING TO ACCIDENTALLY RIP MY FACE OFF!" I guess he's just playing though.

na§tee
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
those fucking things are like miniature raptors from jurasic park.
this made me laugh.

i do not like dogs. i like cats.

i won't get into why i don't like dogs, but cats, man, cats have attitude. cats are royalty. i know they can come across as aloof and up their own arse, but this is part of their awesomeness. cats don't need you. cats come and go as they please. cats can hunt. when they want affection, they'll come and get it for a certain amount of time, then piss off and be like "meh". they refuse to bow down to the master/pet agenda. cats are some stuck up bitches, but they sure as shit are intelligent as all hell. ever seen a cat forcibly dressed up in something? they look fucking pissed off. a dog? absolutely delighted.

i also like roostas.

camo
02-28-2008, 11:19 AM
i do not like dogs..

I thought you liked Labradors

:confused:

abcdefz
02-28-2008, 11:19 AM
They pretty much are miniature dinosaurs.

Did you know that birds are technically reptiles? True story.

camo
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Did you know that birds are technically reptiles? True story.

Most of my ex birds defo fall into that catagory.