PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy concert

Miho
02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Worlds:_Music_from_Final_Fantasy

Information about it there.

It's an orchestra concert conducted by Arnie Roth. The music was composed by Nobuo Uematsu. It's in celebration of the twentieth anniversary of Final Fantasy. I'm excited. It's at the Rosemont Theatre in Illinois. On March 1, 8pm, four hours before my birthday! I'm going with my sister.

The interesting part about this is it's a worldwide tour. This is the second concert. First was held in Stockholm, Sweden. Only being performed in five locations in the world. They'll be going to South Korea in April, then on January & February 2009 (!!!) in Australia and New Zealand. That is a long ass time. Daaayum.

Deep_Sea_Rain
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Flippin' sweet mang. Take lots of pictures!

ScarySquirrel
02-26-2008, 05:48 PM
You would think if it was only going to be held in five locations in the world they'd pick some place a little bit better than Illinois for their American segment.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Illinois and everything... but not NYC? No LA? Wouldn't those be bigger (and more fitting) venues for something as limited as this?

Eh, whatever. I wouldn't be going anyway. But, have fun at your concert!

Miho
02-26-2008, 06:01 PM
You make a good point. I was wondering that myself. Oh well. I wouldn't have gone to this had I not been told about it, so I decided to make this my first concert experience. May as well be a concert for one of my favorite game series of all time, Final Fantasy, and I love orchestras and choirs.