PDA

View Full Version : You think Hillary will win anything today?

abcdefz
03-04-2008, 12:32 PM
...and if not, do you think she'll drop out?

I think the savvy move would be to drop out and run again later. She could pull it off as a classy, self-sacrificing gesture for the party.

But no way in hell do I think she'd actually do it.

QueenAdrock
03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
The results are what I had assumed...Ohio is looking like it may go for her, Texas to Obama. I had expected she would have gotten Vermont though, she got the rest of New England (sans Maine, I believe...).

Either way, I don't think it matters what she wins. She's too full of pride to drop out gracefully, I think.

abcdefz
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Damn damn damn damn damn.

abcdefz
03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
From CNN:

Clinton: This may be headed to a joint ticket

(CNN) – The morning after primary wins in Ohio, Texas, and Rhode Island, Hillary Clinton said she would consider being part of a
Democratic “dream ticket” that would include both her and presidential rival Barack Obama.

"That may be where this is headed,” she told the CBS Early Show during a marathon set of appearances on the network morning
news shows. “But of course we have to decide who is on the top of ticket. I think the people of Ohio very clearly said that it
should be me." :rolleyes:

The New York senator has made the claim before. Last month, in one of several interviews where she said the scenario was a
possibility, she told a Vibe interviewer: “Of course there is (a chance of a joint ticket). Of course there is. Now neither of us
will answer this question because we don’t want to look presumptuous and premature. But it is more than fair to say that —
of course there is.”

While Clinton has said a joint ticket is possible, the Obama team has largely avoided making similar statements. Some of the
Illinois senator’s campaign surrogates have said they believe the claims benefit Clinton because they may convince Democratic
voters drawn to the Illinois senator that a vote for her is essentially a vote for both of them — or a vote for him to head the
ballot in eight years, after she has had her two terms on top of the ticket.

Primary season rivals who have successfully shared a presidential ticket after tough nominating fights include Democrats John
Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson, and Republicans Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

yeahwho
03-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Let the negativity flow Hillary. Hold on because this is how the democratic party rolls year after year. I actually thought it may be different this time, no way. Her Kitchen Sink attack tactics against Barack truly worked.

Get Ready for a barrage of negativity.

The co-ticket is insulting and belittling, that is all I get from it. Her way of saying "I own you now". Bad form, wrong time.

QueenAdrock
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Her wins from last night weren't even remarkable. From Obama's campaign team:

"Our projections show the most likely outcome of yesterday's elections will be that Hillary Clinton gained 187 delegates, and we gained 183.

That's a net gain of 4 delegates out of more than 370 delegates available from all the states that voted.

For comparison, that's less than half our net gain of 9 delegates from the District of Columbia alone. It's also less than our net gain of 8 from Nebraska, or 12 from Washington State. And it's considerably less than our net gain of 33 delegates from Georgia.

The task for the Clinton campaign yesterday was clear. In order to have a plausible path to the nomination, they needed to score huge delegate victories and cut into our lead.

They failed.

It's clear, though, that Senator Clinton wants to continue an increasingly desperate, increasingly negative -- and increasingly expensive -- campaign to tear us down.

That's her decision. But it's not stopping John McCain, who clinched the Republican nomination last night, from going on the offensive. He's already made news attacking Barack, and that will only become more frequent in the coming days.

Right now, it's essential for every single supporter of Barack Obama to step up and help fight this two-front battle. In the face of attacks from Hillary Clinton and John McCain, we need to be ready to take them on."

QueenAdrock
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Her way of saying "I own you now". Bad form, wrong time.

I don't think so. I think it's just her trying to be strategic. She knows a lot of people are drawn to Obama because he offers hope and change and all of that, and they're EXCITED about him. They're not nearly as excited by her. So perhaps she could grab some of his momentum he has and push it her way.

I know quite a few independents/moderates who are interested in Obama but freakin' hate Hillary. I think she wants to take advantage of the fact that people who hate her may be swayed by having him on the ticket, too.

RobMoney$
03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Bill Clinton will make a better black VP than Obama.

You're voting for the President of the USofA here, not buying a Camaro.
You don't vote for the sexy pick, you choose the person with the most experience.
I think the public is starting to see that there isn't a lot of "New" ideas under all of the promises of CHANGE.
Hillary is more passionate and seems to want it more than Obama,
she's also is the only one who stands a chance of winning an election over the Vietnam war hero and keeping us out of Iraq for the next 100 years.

Fuckin' kids today.

abcdefz
03-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't think so. I think it's just her trying to be strategic. She knows a lot of people are drawn to Obama because he offers hope and change and all of that, and they're EXCITED about him. They're not nearly as excited by her. So perhaps she could grab some of his momentum he has and push it her way.

I know quite a few independents/moderates who are interested in Obama but freakin' hate Hillary. I think she wants to take advantage of the fact that people who hate her may be swayed by having him on the ticket, too.

You think he would accept? I really don't.

saz
03-06-2008, 11:38 AM
she's also is the only one who stands a chance of winning an election over the Vietnam war hero and keeping us out of Iraq for the next 100 years.

National Poll: McCain Loses To Obama, Clinton

Arizona Sen. John McCain kicks off his general election campaign trailing both potential Democratic nominees in hypothetical matchups, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama leads McCain, who captured the delegates needed to claim the Republican nomination Tuesday night, by 12 percentage points among all adults in the poll.; Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) enjoys a six-point lead over the presumptive GOP nominee. Both Democrats are buoyed by moderates and independents in the head-to-heads and benefit from sustained negative public assessments of President Bush and the war in Iraq.

clinton: 50
mccain: 44

obama: 52
mccain: 40

link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/05/AR2008030502646.html)

QueenAdrock
03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
you choose the person with the most experience.

Experience doesn't mean good ideas or leadership, though. Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney have a LOT of experience behind their names, and they have more than helped destroy the country. JFK had the same amount of experience as Obama did now, and he won against Nixon.

There's a lot of factors than just experience, some of which are more important.

QueenAdrock
03-06-2008, 12:10 PM
You think he would accept? I really don't.

At this point, I'd say yes. VP for 8 years, takes over in 2016. If he really wants to be President in the future, it'd be his best bet.

abcdefz
03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I'd think he'd stay where he is so he can actually accomplish things during that time. Vice Presidents don't do shit (Cheney notwithstanding).

yeahwho
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
The strategy of perspective must work fairly easily for some, speculation about Obama playing second fiddle to the War lady is premature. She finally after 20 debates said she would take back her vote on the Iraq invasion.

20 debates.

Still is not a "Mistake", the other candidates had enough integrity to say this was a mistake.

Is this the sort of leader your looking for? That isn't experience, it is ice cold survival in the face of defending a very deadly, wrong choice.

Really, think about Hillary Clinton and what she is up to. Look at the way she is trying to entitle herself through survival tactics.

I'm probably just wasting bandwidth, nobody has put a "I Support Hillary" thread up anyway.

QueenAdrock
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd think he'd stay where he is so he can actually accomplish things during that time. Vice Presidents don't do shit (Cheney notwithstanding).

But people don't listen to accomplishments, it's all about the name recognition. I think they'd be more apt to vote for the vice president of the United States (given that the previous administration is leaving on a good note) than they would a guy who tried to get the 2008 nomination, failed, stayed in the Senate and did stuff there. I mean, John Kerry has accomplished a good deal since his bid in 2004 but no one knows about any of it.

Unless he pulled an Al Gore and like, REALLY got his name out there for a noble cause, I think being VP would give him the biggest boost.

abcdefz
03-10-2008, 01:41 PM
FROM CNN’s Jack Cafferty (http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/10/why-are-clintons-pushing-hillary-obama-ticket/):

It’s called chutzpah, and Hillary Clinton has it to spare. The woman who is behind Barack Obama in states won, pledged delegates
and popular vote is suggesting she might consider putting Barack Obama on the Democratic ticket with her as her vice presidential candidate.

Since her wins in Texas and Ohio, Hillary Clinton has twice referenced the idea. And over the weekend, Bill Clinton chimed in saying that
the pair would make “an almost unstoppable force.” It’s all very interesting since the odds are quite good Clinton will not be the nominee
and Obama will.

In today’s New York Daily News, columnist Michael Goodwin writes: “It’s a dream team all right, as in dream on. It’s a fantasy because,
in the Clintons’ pitch, naturally, she is on top of the ticket and Obama is her No. 2. That’s rich of her, considering that Obama leads in
both the delegate race and the popular vote. Forget those pesky voters – Hillary has declared herself the winner!”

Goodwin calls it a sign of desperation on Clinton’s part and compares her to a con artist trying to sell a house she doesn’t own. He says
the joint ticket offer looks like an olive branch, when it’s really a knife aimed at cutting Obama down to size.

For his part, the front-runner Obama calls the whole thing “premature”, saying he’s won twice as many states as Clinton, more of the
popular vote and thinks he can hold onto the delegate lead.

And there is a rather large irony in all this. Hillary Clinton has spent most of the campaign saying Barack Obama isn’t experienced
enough to be president. But now all of a sudden, she’s promoting him as a potential vice president… just a heart beat away from
the top office.

Here’s my question to you: Why would Hillary Clinton, who is behind, keep talking about being on the same ticket with Barack Obama,
who is ahead?

D_Raay
04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Bill Clinton will make a better black VP than Obama.

You're voting for the President of the USofA here, not buying a Camaro.
You don't vote for the sexy pick, you choose the person with the most experience.
I think the public is starting to see that there isn't a lot of "New" ideas under all of the promises of CHANGE.

Fuckin' kids today.

You can't be serious...

afronaut
04-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Experience doesn't mean good ideas or leadership, though. Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney have a LOT of experience behind their names, and they have more than helped destroy the country. JFK had the same amount of experience as Obama did now, and he won against Nixon.

There's a lot of factors than just experience, some of which are more important.

It should be pretty obvious by now to the American people that "experience" is just a hyped up concept.

The last 8 years have made me feel kind of bulletproof about who runs the country; we've just gone through a long period, almost a decade, of a dimwit running our country into the ground, and we're still standing. And it should be noted that this "dimwit" is considered to have more experience than Obama. So 1) after the rash and stupid leadership we've had, I'm not scared of voting in someone with little experience; and 2) it seems that "experience" is overrated.

I want a leader, a leader who will be able to lead the country through the strange times ahead of us. A leader who will be able to deal with todays and tomorrows politics and issues, not someone who is well experienced with yesterdays.

Experience doesn't guarantee leadership. All experience guarantees is experience, and nothing else.