PDA

View Full Version : Danger Mouse to Produce New Beck LP

Brother McDuff
03-12-2008, 02:49 AM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/49154-danger-mouse-producing-new-beck-album

ask and you shall receive, McDuff.....

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1429548&postcount=1

Videodrome
03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
danger mouse also produced the black keys new album which drops april 1st.

hpdrifter
03-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Somewhere my fiance's head is exploding.

Auton
03-12-2008, 06:43 PM
yuck. danger mouse is terrible.

Brother McDuff
03-12-2008, 07:23 PM

well, thats your opinion.

DIGI
03-12-2008, 07:49 PM

Yeah, man. I don't know about that.

BBboy20
03-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Fanbases will collide over this.

Auton
03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
well, thats your opinion.

really? i forgot, thanks for reminding me!

Auton
03-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, man. I don't know about that.

i can't claim to be an expert on danger mouse, i don't know maybe he might be better than i'm giving him credit for. i'm just basing this off of the production of the grey album, demon days, the mouse and the mask, and st elsewhere. i just don't like them.

aNd THaTs My OpIniON

Laserface
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
i can't claim to be an expert on danger mouse, i don't know maybe he might be better than i'm giving him credit for. i'm just basing this off of the production of the grey album, demon days, the mouse and the mask, and st elsewhere. i just don't like them.

i sort of agree with you on the rest but demon days was awesome.

Auton
03-13-2008, 12:33 AM
i just don't like the production... i don't dislike the songs on demon days, or from those other albums i mentioned, really. i just don't like the stuff glued on top of them. feel good inc still bothers me.

Jitters
03-13-2008, 09:16 PM
What is it about his production that bugs you?

Brother McDuff
03-16-2008, 04:37 PM
i just don't like the production... i don't dislike the songs on demon days, or from those other albums i mentioned, really. i just don't like the stuff glued on top of them. feel good inc still bothers me.

i feel where you're coming from. its funny because as much as im fascinated by his production and technique, and as much as I love the lot of his material, there are still certain sides and elements of his sound that........what's the word......"annoy" me. Really, I think it comes down to whoever he's callaborating with that determines how raw his work comes out. When he's paired up with the right person, I really think he shines.

That said, I think he and Beck make a fine combination. I think this'll be one of his stronger projects because Beck'll pull him in new directions than the few he's been re-treading for some time now.

Nygel
03-16-2008, 05:33 PM
i was looking up stuff about the odd couple (not as good as st. elsewhere, at least imo) and read about the beck album, i can't wait. I want the more choppy production from him though, sorta grey album type, and one song on st. elsewhere he did like it.

two odd musicians working together cant be wrong

unless it sucks.

Auton
03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
i feel where you're coming from. its funny because as much as im fascinated by his production and technique, and as much as I love the lot of his material, there are still certain sides and elements of his sound that........what's the word......"annoy" me. Really, I think it comes down to whoever he's callaborating with that determines how raw his work comes out. When he's paired up with the right person, I really think he shines.

That said, I think he and Beck make a fine combination. I think this'll be one of his stronger projects because Beck'll pull him in new directions than the few he's been re-treading for some time now.

yeah, i think you're right. besides, i'm glad to see beck working with a producer other than nigel godrich and the dust brothers, as much as i love their production. and at least you know the stuff they'll be doing will be colorful- i'm sure it will turn out well, i just like giving danger mouse fans a hard time for some reason.