PDA

View Full Version : people and politics- why we never move forward.

alien autopsy
03-14-2008, 09:47 AM
it takes a lot i guess, to move forward. especially in todays world of news and views coming in, bombarding from every angle. we can choose this media outlet which presents things in this way, and call it our truth. or we can choose that one, and call it our truth.

the truth is somewhere in between, when we sift through the bits and peices. often the most groundbreaking news is on the backpage, behind paris hiltons latest folly.

we have to bring it all together, and really build a foundation for understanding. thats necessary for understanding, politics, for compassion, for trade...

it starts indivudally, but it doesnt really mean anything for the rest of the group until it is shared and discussed. we need to begin seeing truth, or we will never move out of this stale political state that is haunting america.

the main block to this is perception. when we create worldviews which are so tightly wound, no matter how much information we have, we get nowhere. you have to be flexible and open to the truth to move forward.
you have to be able to use judgement and excersize reason to understand what is truth within the story. and you have to be willing to devote energy, cultivate a passion, for finding the truth. you cant just let it be handed to you. you cant wait for it. you cant trust anyone. you have to trust yourself to be able to make the call.

we have to come together. dialogue and discussion. forums for moving forward. teachers, students, dissidents, mainstreamers. something is not right here, america. we need to get together and find a solution. and understanding truth is the basis for any movement of idea.

abcdefz
03-14-2008, 10:09 AM
You gotta stop with the unformatted 2,000 word posts. People aren't likely to invest all that side-to-side scrolling.

Maybe I just speak for myself, though.

SugarInTheRaw
03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
You gotta stop with the unformatted 2,000 word posts. People aren't likely to invest all that side-to-side scrolling.

Maybe I just speak for myself, though.
:o I read it.

alien autopsy
03-14-2008, 05:51 PM
shit, i thought that was just the way my computer chose to look at the world.
how do i fix that!?