PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAIDEN IS COMING!

MC Moot
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
The first concert I ever saw was Iron Maiden with Twisted Sister opening in 1984...in this very city while visiting my cousin...24 years later I get to go see them again in the same arena....awesome!...it's the "Somewhere Back In Time Tour" and they're just playing material form the 80's...Bruce Dickinson is the coolest man in music...I'm a kid again...UPTHEIRONS...(y)

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=821

HEIRESS
03-20-2008, 10:25 AM
my coworker was just talking about this yesterday. he's soooooooooo stoked. its cute.

hpdrifter
03-20-2008, 10:49 AM
The first concert I ever saw was Iron Maiden with Twisted Sister opening in 1984...

OMG that's awesome.

MC Moot
03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
OMG that's awesome.

It quite simply blew my 12 year old mind…a fan was born...they're glorious rock gawds...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZGCY0DCrsg

hpdrifter
03-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I can imagine. You first concert. Damn.

BangkokB
03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
You're in for a treat: The set lists have included Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner and Revelations...And Bruce is still running around the stage like he's on fire and looking for a blanket

MC Moot
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Every date sold out in less than an hour...encore!

"There may be more for Maiden"

Published: Monday, March 31, 2008

Iron Maiden sold out its June 8 show at the Brandt Centre in less than one hour Friday but there is still a glimmer of hope for fans looking for tickets.

According to a news release from IPSCO Place, Iron Maiden and Live Nation, the promoter for the tour, are trying to find additional ways to provide more tickets to fans. The band will reportedly release the majority of its guest tickets to the fans while Live Nation is working with Iron Maiden's production manager to find additional tickets through reconfiguring some of the seating plan. Another possibility is making seats with a slightly restricted side view available to the public.

"We are truly overwhelmed by this response, especially as some of these cities we haven't played in 20 years," said Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson in the press release. "Being Brits we are always very comfortable with Canadians and it will be a great pleasure to get back on the prairies again. It was always a loud response there! We look forward to this immensely and hope to give you all a show to remember."

Tickets for Iron Maiden's western swing of the Somewhere Back In Time 08 tour went on sale Friday at 10 a.m. in Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. Calgary sold out in 30 minutes while Regina and Edmonton sold out in an hour. Winnipeg and Vancouver were close behind, reaching near sellout numbers after just two hours.

The current tour is based on Iron Maiden's Live After Death concert DVD, which was shot over four nights at the Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, Calif., in 1985. The DVD has sold over six million copies worldwide and is considered the epitome of concert videos and live albums.

The Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 08, which opened on Feb. 1 in Mumbai, India, is based on the classic 1980s period in the choice of songs and the stage setup. It focuses on the production of the 1985 Powerslave Tour.

The band is travelling on a commissioned Astraeus Boeing 757 which is being piloted at times by Dickinson, who is also an Astraeus Airlines captain. The plane is necessary to transport 50 crew members and 12 tons of equipment and stage setting.

In the first leg of its tour, Iron Maiden played to more than 400,000 fans in 21 cities in 10 countries, flying close to 50,000 miles over 45 days.

In addition to Dickinson, the current roster of the band includes bassist Steve Harris, drummer Nicko McBrain and guitarists Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers.

Fans still hoping to purchase tickets for the Regina show are encouraged to contact the Brandt Centre box office over the next few days about the added availabilities.

The curse it lives on in his eyes,the mariner he wished he'd died,along with the sea creatures but they lived on so did he,and by the light of the moon he prays for their beauty not doom,with heart he blesses them God's creatures all of them too......

ToucanSpam
04-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Paschendale is one of the best metal songs ever.

On my face I can feel the falling rain
Never see my friends again...

Guy Incognito
04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
And Bruce is still running around the stage like he's on fire and looking for a blanket

:D(y)

MC Moot
04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Paschendale is one of the best metal songs ever.

On my face I can feel the falling rain
Never see my friends again...

Yes a Canadian tragedy...See that has been a big part of why I loved them,the historical and literary nature of so many of the songs,smart,smart,smart...as a kid turned me onto Edgar Allen Poe and H.P Lovecraft,Robert Heinlein,Homer,ancient Egypt etc,etc...

MC Moot
04-01-2008, 03:42 PM
And Bruce mannnn...what a cat collecting Spitfires,Panzers refurbishing them along with castle ruins and estates...flying jumbo jets around the globe,olympic class fencer,historian and economist...:cool:

AceFace
04-01-2008, 09:06 PM
i think someone has a man-crush. ;)

silence7
04-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Even cooler is the fact Bruce Dickinson will be flying the band to every stop on "Ed Force One", they're private Boeing 757. Pretty badass...

Maiden Flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBniMHcNR30
(I swear to all that is holy, it's not a Rick Roll vid)

Iron Maiden in India
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWQw4fG8RxU

ED FORCE ONE - Curitiba, Brazil arrival
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KggTSLeY-Ro

Nice to see people still into them around the world...

S7