PDA

View Full Version : vampire weekend

checkyourprez
03-20-2008, 05:29 PM
new group out of nyc. their self titled album has been out for a little while. they sound a bit like the strokes, with a hint of the talking heads. but with their own unique sound.

i think its pretty fresh. they are really the first new band since...jeez, the white stripes , that i actually think are worth anything.

anyone heard them? if so what did ya think?

Miho
03-20-2008, 07:16 PM
First time I've heard of them, but I like what I heard on their MySpace page. (y) May grab their album.

checkyourprez
03-20-2008, 07:44 PM
im suprised someone hasn't made a thread about these guys already. this forum has its fair share up hipster music types (thats not an insult).

thegoodmrbrodie!
03-21-2008, 02:13 AM
i enjoy the first four songs on their album a lot. then i lose interest a little bit.

ET
03-21-2008, 01:22 PM
They remind me of Paul Simon in a good way.

Auton
03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
extremely predictable and boring. 'Mansard Roof,' is a really good song with a strong melody and chord progression, but it doesn't go anywhere- and it's pretty poorly arranged. i found all the other songs completely harmless but not really worth listening to.

Parkey
03-26-2008, 05:25 PM
They remind me of Paul Simon in a good way.

I second that.

Dorothy Wood
03-26-2008, 06:00 PM
extremely predictable and boring. 'Mansard Roof,' is a really good song with a strong melody and chord progression, but it doesn't go anywhere- and it's pretty poorly arranged. i found all the other songs completely harmless but not really worth listening to.

agree.

They were the first band to be on the cover of Spin without a record label. the internet hype machine shat out it's first big winner. they're cute and rich though, I guess that's...different? at least a little different from the strokes because I think the vampire weekend boys take more showers and less drugs.

gimmicks. meh. They actually remind me of a band called The Changes that I know. and they sound like the Police. :/