PDA

View Full Version : Is the surge working yet?

QueenAdrock
04-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Lieutenant General William Odom says "Fuck no!" (http://www.senate.gov/~foreign/testimony/2008/OdomTestimony080402a.pdf)

mathcart
04-05-2008, 02:13 PM
wow! that was amazing. Hope this puts to bed once and for all the nonsense about why we can't immediately withdraw (but somehow I bet it won't). Damm
:mad:

yeahwho
04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I mostly agree with the sentiments of the testimony given. How is it that the people who have created the current situation in Iraq are also somehow going to uncreate it? We found no WMD. We found Saddam (I just do not recall his removal a priority during our Al Quaeda war) and helped him get hanged.

This surge, it is another name for escalation of war, and this instability as seen through our administrations eyes is just another word for corporate contracting.

We have created a refugee crisis of such enormity the actual population is now either too poor or too angry to leave. It is not going to stabilize. Over 2 million Iraqi's have left since we've invaded Iraq.

This war if it ends today or 10 years from today will result with U.N. inspectors and no-fly zones as was the situation from 1991 to 2003 before we invaded unprovoked.

Does anybody really think otherwise? C'mon.

mathcart
04-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dwayne Alozando Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we runnin' out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution that will fix everything!

In a totally unrelated note I love your signature. That movie was hysterically funny, and bringing it back to this- the path we are walking, having idiots in charge of idiots who smile as they are lied to. Damm, now I'm mad about being an idiot. Nice one.
:mad:

alien autopsy
04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
our new Sunni friends insist on being paid for their loyalty. I have heard, for example, a rough estimate that the cost in one area of about 100 square kilometers is $250,000 per day. And periodically they threaten to defect unless their fees are increased. You might want to find out the total costs for these deals forecasted for the next several years, because they are not small and they do not promise to end. Remember, we do not own these people. We merely rent them. And they can break the lease at any moment. At the same time, this deal protects them to some degree from the government’s troops and police, hardly a sign of political reconciliation.

i dont understand this tactic....i mean, i see what they are doing, but it is total bullshit to me. 'pay the enemy so they wont fight you'. how is that a solution? i think its more like: 'use american taxpayers dollars to pay the enemy so they will not fight you in the short term so that it doesnt look so bad in iraq to the american taxpayer.'

we werent there to liberate iraq. saddam was NEVER a threat to the united states with WMD's. there were no WMD's in iraq. it was all a lie. and for what? obviously not for the american people who were convinced to go to war.

New Poll: 71 Percent Of Iraqis Want U.S. Forces To Withdraw Within A Year (http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/27/iraqis-poll/) (2006)

In Baghdad, for example, nearly three-quarters of residents polled said they would feel safer if U.S. and other foreign forces left Iraq, with 65 percent of those asked favoring an immediate pullout, according to State Department polling results obtained by The Washington Post. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/26/AR2006092601721.html) (2006)

was looking for other numbers i heard on the radio...but couldnt find them.

my point is: WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY DONT WANT US THERE, WE DONT WANT US THERE. so, fuck the surge. end it now. its pointless, it will not help iraq, it will not help the US. it is time for us to give iraq back to iraq, and let their own people solve their problems.

alien autopsy
04-06-2008, 09:40 AM
woops didnt know that was in size 3.