PDA

View Full Version : north american union

alien autopsy
04-07-2008, 02:46 AM
D-OHIO Marcy Kaptur speaks to U.S. House of Representatives about the super highway and the North American Union

C-SPAN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAs7XZVgKhI)

Miho
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Wow. That was a powerful speech. Never mind Hillary Clinton. That woman needs to become the president of the USA. I'm a fan. (y)

SugarInTheRaw
04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
woah. do you think the american people will believe this? what does fox news say?

alien autopsy
04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
i dont know what fox has to say....

as to whether or not the general public will believe this- i dont really think it is all that unbelievable. it makes perfect sense to me, its just an expansion on what NAFTA and globalization has been after for years now...its almost natural if you ask me.

that said, i dont necessarily think its going to make the lives better of the average american. even if the public finds out, im not sure much can be done to stop it.

we need to find new ways of stopping these unstoppable politicians. it seems like simple protests dont cut it. its like, we protest, we wait for the media to cover it, then we forget about it amidst all the political distractions that come to follow.

i dont know what those new ways are, but we need to take back our democracy and figure out how to control our government because they are out of control. washington is so complicated, and so many doors are shut to the public. it takes a whistleblower to step forward and reveal the truth at his or her own political risk. theres got to be a way we can take back our country.

King PSYZ
04-07-2008, 05:12 PM
honestly... what benifit does a "North American Union" have to anyone other than Mexico?

Canada's dollar is trouncing the US Dollar, and the US is far too xenophobic and ultra patriotic to accept it so it would honestly be more trouble than it's worth.

Also according to Absolut Vodka (http://consumerist.com/376546/is-this-absolut-ad-cheeky-or-distasteful), Mexico just wants half the US back anyway so I don't see this happening anytime soon.

alien autopsy
04-07-2008, 06:47 PM
i would imagine it would be incremental and secretive, as it has been so far. the point would be not to rouse americans to the point, but slowly get them accustomed to, and slowly implement the plan until one day, it doesnt make any sense not to have a north american union.

its not something any american would vote for right now.

King PSYZ
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
even if this were some super secret in the works you do know this will never happen in our lifetime without martial law or a civil war.

alien autopsy
04-07-2008, 10:02 PM
i dont know...we'll see i guess. its already been happening for years without martial law, people are just starting to realize. i still think its something they are going to continue to work behind the scenes at...it will fade in and out of the media, and each time it does, it becomes less and less a story. eventually americans will accept it unless something drastic happens in the meantime.