PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a candidate who tells it like it is. WOOHOO!

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 04:41 PM
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them...And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.
And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Can't argue with him really, and why should we when his statements play to all of our prejudices?
Why think when you can just rest easily upon preconceived notions?

I just love how Obama never actually apologizes for any of the prejudiced remarks that have come from his pastor, his wife, or from him.
He takes this "I'm sorry if people were offended, but I'm not backing down form the statement" approach everytime.
And his supporters eat it up and spout this "Isn't it great to have a leader who tells it like it is" line.

He sickens me more everyday.

yeahwho
04-13-2008, 05:09 PM
He sickens me more everyday.

Then he must be doing something right.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Whoever compared Obama to Kennedy?

As far as I know, Kennedy never generalized or looked down on his very own constituents.

I loathe him.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Then he must be doing something right.

You're drunk on the Obama Kool-Aid.
We get it.

JohnnyChavello
04-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Rob, you're a fucking joke; everybody here knows it. Ordinarily, your incapacity for critical thought wouldn't bother me: you're not the only person to hold infantile political positions. But this is a forum for debate; it is not, at least not ideally, a place for you to dump all the shit-for-brains opposition research the RNCC creates about Obama's homosexual affair, secret Muslim faith, refusal to salute the flag, bullshit that hits the web.

Really, I'm sick of coming here looking for something to engage in and seeing your fucking donkey ass posting another retard Republican talking point. You fucking suck in the most basic sense of the word. I don't know how else to say it.

afronaut
04-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Obama should be a little bit more careful about what he says. Thats a pretty bad way to gain votes, but oh well. I respect the fact that he stands behind and takes responsibility for his words. An immediate phoned in apology pretty cheap and fake. No one means it when they do that.

I have a novel idea for you Rob: Instead of constantly telling us why our guy is bad, why don't you tell us why your guy/girl is any better?

Politics should be about standing behind an ideal and supporting that, it should not be about constant attack and criticism. The democratic process should be about building up, not tearing down.

funk63
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Rob, you're a fucking joke; everybody here knows it. Ordinarily, your incapacity for critical thought wouldn't bother me: you're not the only person to hold infantile political positions. But this is a forum for debate; it is not, at least not ideally, a place for you to dump all the shit-for-brains opposition research the RNCC creates about Obama's homosexual affair, secret Muslim faith, refusal to salute the flag, bullshit that hits the web.

Really, I'm sick of coming here looking for something to engage in and seeing your fucking donkey ass posting another retard Republican talking point. You fucking suck in the most basic sense of the word. I don't know how else to say it.

bad.

funk63
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Obama should be a little bit more careful about what he says. Thats a pretty bad way to gain votes, but oh well. I respect the fact that he stands behind and takes responsibility for his words. An immediate phoned in apology pretty cheap and fake. No one means it when they do that.

I have a novel idea for you Rob: Instead of constantly telling us why our guy is bad, why don't you tell us why your guy/girl is any better?

Politics should be about standing behind an ideal and supporting that, it should not be about constant attack and criticism. The democratic process should be about building up, not tearing down.

good.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 06:52 PM

I'm showing why anyone would be better than Obama.
It's my steez and I'll cry if I want to.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 06:55 PM

Everything you say is probably true, I'm just a mere simpleton compared to you political heavyweights.
Fortunately, my vote will count just as much as your does.

Oh yeah, and if there's something more "important" you're looking for to debate about, then why don't you start your own fucking thread about it.
To get pissed off because I start bad threads is kind of hilarous and only makes me want to continue just to annoy the hell out of you.

PS. For the record, I'm a life long Dem. Way to follow your boy Obama's example and prejudging people though, assuming I'm a republican just because I see the emporer Obama has no clothes.

afronaut
04-13-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm showing why anyone would be better than Obama.
It's my steez and I'll cry if I want to.
Well, the only person you're convincing is yourself, honestly.

But seriously, can you please just make a thread standing behind your candidate and giving us reason to vote for that person? You say your person is right, and I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying you offer no evidence that you are right. You only offer evidence about why someone else is wrong. We just want to see what you support for once instead of what you don't support.

Attacking a candidate has become the beginning and the end of modern political discourse. It's pretty stupid.

We get it Rob, you don't like Obama. We got it a long time ago. It's just the same shit ad nauseum, man. I could have put on Fox news and seen the exact same thing.

Can you at least "expose" shit about Obama that hasn't already been played to death on the networks?

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe it's easier for people to attack me than to post a comment about the actual topic at hand, Obama's continous bigoted comments.

Maybe that's because there's really no defending it.

alien autopsy
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
abrasive

yeahwho
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Maybe it's easier for people to attack me than to post a comment about the actual topic at hand, Obama's continous bigoted comments.

Bigoted? You have a very odd definition of definition, here is the definition for bigoted; utterly intolerant of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

You are truly twisted to say this is a bigot issue.

Burnout18
04-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Do you really think people in PA. are not bitter about losing thier jobs to outsourcing and illegal immigration. Why do you think they passed legislation in Hazleton, PA to start to get rid of illegals? In fact what is the whole point of illegal immigration reform? Isn't it because illegals are coming in and taking "American" jobs?

I also doubt obama is a bigot.

afronaut
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Hmm, his continuous bigoted comments? Please enlighten me to his apparently vast record of saying bigoted things, because I definitely don't know anything about this.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
He refered to his own Grandmother as a "typical white person" who fear black men.
I call that a bigoted statement.

He also refered to small town Pennsylvanians as "gun-clenching, religious fanatics".
I also call that a bigoted statement.

I find it pathetic that he insulted a group of people just because they're not going to vote for him.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Do you really think people in PA. are not bitter about losing thier jobs to outsourcing and illegal immigration. Why do you think they passed legislation in Hazleton, PA to start to get rid of illegals? In fact what is the whole point of illegal immigration reform? Isn't it because illegals are coming in and taking "American" jobs?

I also doubt obama is a bigot.

And his supporters eat it up and spout this "Isn't it great to have a leader who tells it like it is" line.

Yeah.

Burnout18
04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah.

Oh good you agree withe me

yeahwho
04-13-2008, 08:32 PM
He also refered to small town Pennsylvanians as "gun-clenching, religious fanatics".

Your so full of bullshit it is amazing, he never said that. Your quoting yourself.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
That's why the thread's called
"Finally, a candidate who tells it like it is. WOOHOO"

I love Obama's "plain" talk. He's one of us (y)

DroppinScience
04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
You don't seem to have much of a problem with McCain referring to the Vietnamese as "gooks." That's far more bigoted than anything Obama has NOT said.

Documad
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't even understand what Obama said, so I fail to see anything objectionable in it.

I'm so sick of all the bickering. When's the last time our presidential candidates discussed a real issue in a serious way? Did the media create this tempest in a teapot or did the other candidates?

(DS is spot on with the McCain comment by the way)

Burnout18
04-13-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm so sick of all the bickering. When's the last time our presidential candidates discussed a real issue in a serious way? Did the media create this tempest in a teapot or did the other candidates?

Me too, i mean i think i post here once a year, but i mean everyday you have to hear this mindless bullshit spinning of what he said/she said. Its so lame.

afronaut
04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
He refered to his own Grandmother as a "typical white person" who fear black men.
I call that a bigoted statement.

I find it pathetic that he insulted a group of people just because they're not going to vote for him.

So two things. Very continuous.

Even Bill O'Reilly stood up for Obama on the "typical white person" comment. Bill O'Reilly!

I'm going to be honest man, I kinda have the feeling that maybe you do have something against black people. I'm not saying this just because you seem to have some unexplainable hate for Obama, not liking a candidate is understandable, but you've got some other shit going on here man. Obama strikes some kind of personal nerve in you. You seem to not care at all about the shitty and bigoted stuff other candidates do, just Obama. I mean, you rabidly jump on it. And only with Obama! You say you're Democrat, what about McCain? Can't you talk shit about him every once and a while? What about that gook thing? Do you call that bigoted? Or just poorly worded things that probably came out the wrong way that black people say?

Anyway, I'm not saying you're racist, but I kinda get that feeling from you. If you're not a racist, you probably know that feeling. That feeling when you're around someone and you can just tell that that person probably hates black people.

Anyway, again, I'm really not trying to paint you as a racist or attack you personally here. I'm just trying to tell you, it's starting to get a little weird.

RobMoney$
04-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm not going to defend myself against those type of accusations. It's fucking pointless and to tell you the truth I really don't care if anyone on the internet thinks I'm racist.

Actually, the thing I dislike most about Obama is that I see those characteristics you just spoke about in him.
The Rev., the wife's comment about America, and those two generalizations made by him I just refered to.

I don't like the fact that it seems like everything is about race with him.

And since everyone is so interested in who I'm voting for, I'm for Clinton. I don't like the "gook" comment made by McCain either, but I understand why he said it. He's suffered unthinkable abuse at the hands of the NVA. I'm not saying it's OK, but I understand it.

Burnout18
04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't like the fact that it seems like everything is about race with him.

What? the week he gave his speech on race, he gave a long speech on the economy and the Iraq war...... All the media talked about was his race speech....

Its not all about race with him,,,, it seems like other people keep bringing shit up, whether its calling him tiger woods, Barack Hussein Obama over and over again, or going after what his rev. says..... it seems like everything is race with his critics when they talk about him.

I wasn't attacking you before, but i am wondering why you didn't awnser my questions....
Do you really think people in PA. are not bitter about losing thier jobs to outsourcing and illegal immigration? Why do you think they passed legislation in Hazleton, PA to start to get rid of illegals? In fact what is the whole point of illegal immigration reform? Isn't it because illegals are coming in and taking "American" jobs?

Bob
04-13-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm not going to defend myself against those type of accusations. It's fucking pointless and to tell you the truth I really don't care if anyone on the internet thinks I'm racist.

I just love how Obama never actually apologizes for any of the prejudiced remarks that have come from his pastor, his wife, or from him.
He takes this "I'm sorry if people were offended, but I'm not backing down form the statement" approach everytime.

you and obama are like peas in a pod i guess

yeahwho
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
In the end all of this spotlight on Obama will turn against Hillary Clinton. When the lights come on bright she is always exposed. Pointless desperation on behalf of her campaign to try and figure out some way to get that throne she feels so entitled to.

It really is pathetic when looked at in proper perspective. Calling the Black candidate a bigot. When was the last time Hillary Clinton fired a gun? Give me a break. All she is doing along with McCain is making Americans think about the negativity they grasp onto, like it is the only thing they know.

Documad
04-13-2008, 10:30 PM
In the end this will hurt the democrats and help McCain. We need to end this nonsense and focus on the general election. Obama would not have been my choice for the nominee, but we need to get behind him and hope for the best.

Randetica
04-14-2008, 01:51 AM
is it cause he is a bit black?!!?!.

RobMoney$
04-14-2008, 04:51 AM
In the end this will hurt the democrats and help McCain. We need to end this nonsense and focus on the general election. Obama would not have been my choice for the nominee, but we need to get behind him and hope for the best.

I laugh everytime I hear someone say this.

"Hillary should drop out because she can't win at this point and the dems. are only tearing themselves apart while McCain sits back and cruises."

How does the Republicans only having one viable candidate make them the better party exactly?
I think we should let the election continue until the end.
If Obama is the leader everyone says he is, he should be able to win the nomination.

RobMoney$
04-14-2008, 05:01 AM
you and obama are like peas in a pod i guess

1. After months of harrasement to not only me, but also to my girlfriend (who still to this day refuses to post here because of it) I called that person a racial slur.

2. I believe Mumia Abu-Jamal is guilty as sin, along with every court who has ever reviewed the case.

3. I don't like Obama

There's the evidence of my racism on this MB over the 7 or so years I've been posting here.
Clearly, I'm a racist.
This is exactly my point, just because I don't like Obama, someone starts questioning if I'm a racist?
Are people really supporting him because they don't want to seem racist?

Randetica
04-14-2008, 05:21 AM
well it's not your fault that all people you hate happened to be black!

EarlsJims
04-14-2008, 01:31 PM
No candidates tell it like it is. Doesn't matter which party.

SugarInTheRaw
04-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Even Bill O'Reilly stood up for Obama on the "typical white person" comment. Bill O'Reilly!

Bill O'Reilly is the nonpareil of reason. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIVnwYGU9Qo)

DroppinScience
04-14-2008, 03:33 PM
1. After months of harrasement to not only me, but also to my girlfriend (who still to this day refuses to post here because of it) I called that person a racial slur.

This should be incriminating enough. I don't know (nor do I care) about all the details between you and the Tone Capone fiasco, but the fact that you even called him that (doesn't matter how much he was hassling you) is a dumb move. It's especially dumb when you qualify it with a "but I'm not racist!" to this day.

Like it or not, this will always color the board's perception of you in every post you make.

yeahwho
04-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Owner Of Pittsburgh Steelers Endorses Obama

Dan Rooney is an institution in Western Pennsylvania and understands the people and the region better than almost anyone. When he says that Barack Obama is one of us, it sends a very powerful and meaningful message to a lot of people.

Here is the story and his letter of endorsement. (http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/04/owner_of_pittsburgh_steelers_e.php#more)

RobMoney$
04-14-2008, 06:36 PM
This should be incriminating enough. I don't know (nor do I care) about all the details between you and the Tone Capone fiasco, but the fact that you even called him that (doesn't matter how much he was hassling you) is a dumb move. It's especially dumb when you qualify it with a "but I'm not racist!" to this day.

Like it or not, this will always color the board's perception of you in every post you make.

It doesn't make me a racist, just like posing in front of big black cannons with a limp wrist doesn't make you a homosexual.

Bob
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
It doesn't make me a racist, just like posing in front of big black cannons with a limp wrist doesn't make you a homosexual.

calling someone a racial slur doesn't make you a racist? what does that make a person exactly?

i'm not even saying that to be mean or contentious, i'm just genuinely wondering how calling someone a racial slur out of anger, even if it's justified anger, is anything but racist

yeahwho
04-14-2008, 07:10 PM
calling someone a racial slur doesn't make you a racist? what does that make a person exactly?

i'm not even saying that to be mean or contentious, i'm just genuinely wondering how calling someone a racial slur out of anger, even if it's justified anger, is anything but racist

Rob your being forced into a Kramer moment (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2556213356325458137&q=kramer&total=10886&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2&hl=en).

Documad
04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I get so confused when Bob and DS post in the same thread because Bob has that picture of DS as his avatar. It's like I'm reading all the posts in DS's voice -- even though I've never heard his voice, or Bob's voice. Oh well.

DroppinScience
04-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Rob your being forced into a Kramer moment (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2556213356325458137&q=kramer&total=10886&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2&hl=en).

Wait a minute, you're telling us that Rob Money is actually Michael Richards? :eek:

QueenAdrock
04-15-2008, 12:48 AM
I get so confused when Bob and DS post in the same thread because Bob has that picture of DS as his avatar. It's like I'm reading all the posts in DS's voice -- even though I've never heard his voice, or Bob's voice. Oh well.

Droppin's voice sounds very Canadian. I got mad at him one time and he said "I'm sorey!" and I couldn't help but laugh. :o

Randetica
04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
rob was angry and just used the most powerful insult i guess, like you fags like to call rob fat or like i like to call yall a bunch of fags

he just had a weak moment so put your idiotic stamps down and shut up already

RobMoney$
04-15-2008, 12:02 PM
The bottom line is that it really doesn't matter if I'm racist or not.
The question is: Why does Obama keep generalizing and stereotyping people.

The tactic of "kill the messenger"(me) so to speak, is just a way for the Obama-tron super-liberals to avoid adressing the issue. It's like some of you are suggesting that because I'm not supporting the "Black" candidate I'm racist towards blacks.
I'm so glad his opponent isn't a white male.

RobMoney$
04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Wait a minute, you're telling us that Rob Money is actually Michael Richards? :eek:

Remember when you first started posting here and everyone seriously thought you were the "Special Kid" and thought you had Down's Syndrome or something. Then after a while we realized you weren't disabled at all and that you were just a douche-bag.

Yeah, those were fun times.

DroppinScience
04-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Remember when you first started posting here and everyone seriously thought you were the "Special Kid" and thought you had Down's Syndrome or something. Then after a while we realized you weren't disabled at all and that you were just a douche-bag.

:rolleyes:

For someone who spent the early '90s looking like you could be in a Vanilla Ice video and has now spent much of the '00s looking like you could be in a "Sweating to the Oldies" video, you're not one to pass judgment on someone's intellect.

QueenAdrock
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
It's like some of you are suggesting that because I'm not supporting the "Black" candidate I'm racist towards blacks.

No, I don't think it's because you don't support him. From what I've read in this thread, people are seeing that you continually bash Obama for every little thing you can find, regardless of its significance, yet find nothing wrong with the Republican candidate of choice (despite your claim to be a lifelong Democrat) and find it a little surprising. They're trying to grasp for your reasoning behind attacking someone on your "side" so much while apparently finding so little wrong with the other candidates on the opposition, that they're trying to figure out why that is. I mean, why no "John McCain possibly had an affair with a lobbyist" threads when that was leaked to the media? When you take into account that you used racial slurs in the past, they've come to the conclusion that racism may be a reason why you're specifically targeting Obama and no one else. Whether it's true or not is to be determined, but I honestly don't think it's just because you don't support him.

That's how I view the situation, at least.

Bob
04-15-2008, 06:07 PM
The tactic of "kill the messenger"(me) so to speak, is just a way for the Obama-tron super-liberals to avoid adressing the issue.

i can't speak for anyone else, but the reason i'm not addressing the "issues" is because they aren't issues. these "scandals" are silly little non-issues that the press and other politicians love to harp endlessly on during election times, and the fact that you're endlessly harping on them too by making threads about every little one (while generally not making comparable threads about the other silly little non-issues affecting the other candidates such as "i'll hate the goddamn gooks for as long as i live" or "snipers nearly got me in bosnia") is what makes everyone jump on you because it's really damn suspicious. this shit is up there with "WE GO PLAY HOOP" on the list of things that presidential candidates shouldn't have to waste their time talking about and the fact that you make a thread every time one of these things pops up, combined with the fact that you only make them when they concern obama combined with your past history here makes everyone's eyebrows pop up a little bit.

edit: oh wow i missed queenadrock's post right above me that said basically the same thing. oh well

yeahwho
04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
There is always going to be a percentage of voters who calculate their right to vote on things other than the issues. Race, age and gender are a larger percentage in their calculation than issues such as war, economy and especially social equity.

I sort of enjoy Rob's posts and threads because he does make me think about faults Barack Obama possesses, which also makes me think about how negative the other candidates are, they'll do anything to put the spotlight on Obama, then bitch they're not getting the proper press.

A timely ED/OP piece from todays NYTimes by Bob Herbert (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/15/opinion/15herbert.html?em&ex=1208404800&en=d7dfe2fb21301b82&ei=5087)

Some Perspective on ‘Bitter’

There is no mystery here. Except for people who have been hiding in caves or living in denial, it’s pretty widely understood that a substantial number of those voters — in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and elsewhere — will not vote for a black candidate for president.

Pennsylvanians themselves will tell you that racial attitudes in some parts of the state are, to be kind, less than enlightened. Gov. Ed Rendell, Hillary Clinton’s most powerful advocate in the state, put it bluntly last February: “I think there are some whites who are probably not ready to vote for an African-American candidate.”

RobMoney$
04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm supporting Hillary.
I don't start threads supporting her because I don't want to lobby for anyone, it's fugazi.
I like to think people here are educated enough to choose the person they want to support on the issues that are important to them using their own mind, not because their favorite/ least favorite BBMB'er is telling them to.

It's the same reason Yauch doesn't come here telling people who he's voting for.
It's also the same reason in '04 when the Beasties were doing the TT5B tour, they never said who they were supporting, they only urged people to not vote for Bush.

Also, I'm generally a negative person and making supportive threads just isn't me.

Some Perspective on ‘Bitter’

Pennsylvanians themselves will tell you that racial attitudes in some parts of the state are, to be kind, less than enlightened. Gov. Ed Rendell, Hillary Clinton’s most powerful advocate in the state, put it bluntly last February: “I think there are some whites who are probably not ready to vote for an African-American candidate.”

PS. Ed Rendell is the mu'fukkin MAN. Homeboy walked right in my house when we were having a block party and helped himself to a plate of food. The front door was wide open and people were coming and going all day, but he truly is a man of the people, he's Philly royalty and a big Clinton supporter and another reason I'm supporting Clinton.

afronaut
04-17-2008, 11:53 AM

2. I believe Mumia Abu-Jamal is guilty as sin, along with every court who has ever reviewed the case.

3. I don't like Obama

There's the evidence of my racism on this MB over the 7 or so years I've been posting here.
Clearly, I'm a racist.
This is exactly my point, just because I don't like Obama, someone starts questioning if I'm a racist?
Are people really supporting him because they don't want to seem racist?
It's not because you don't like Obama. There is clearly something else here, man. It goes a bit deeper for you. Thats the feeling I get, at least.

I realize Tone is an ass, and that he was harassing you, but maybe the fact that in anger you resorted to some of the most shameful and undignified bigoted language taps into the same thing that your hate for Obama taps into. Or maybe for some reason he just rubs you the wrong way. I just can't see Obama pissing you off so much based on his issues and what he supports, given other people out there.

But I do want to make it clear, I don't want you to think that I am accusing you of being racist; that was the past, and stays the past. It is not my intention of dragging something from the past up and using it against you; and I just want you to know that I do not judge your character based on that incident.

I'm just saying, I realize you have the right to dislike Obama; but you vehemently hate him, and I don't care who you are, Obama is far from the worst political figure out there. Yet for some reason, Obama is subject of all your hate.

Also, I could be remembering wrong here, and if I am please set the record straight; but I do think I recall you on more than one occasion giving a reason for your dislike of Obama being that "everything is race with him." This is clearly not the case, I don't think; and Obama's stance on race is positive, dignified, non-reductive, fair, and clear-eyed. He gives credit to and condemns both sides, and he seems to realize that racism is a greater and more complex issue than simply white hating blacks. He realizes the hostility some blacks have for whites, and realizes that nothing good can come from that hostility and prejudice. I see nothing to object to there.

Alright, nice. Good burn.

Sometimes I forget what a homobot you are, DroppinSoap.

Alright, double burn.

:rolleyes:
For someone who spent the early '90s looking like you could be in a Vanilla Ice video and has now spent much of the '00s looking like you could be in a "Sweating to the Oldies" video, you're not one to pass judgment on someone's intellect.
Ok, that was a respectable comeback DS. He's got you there, rob.

I'm supporting Hillary.
I don't start threads supporting her because I don't want to lobby for anyone, it's fugazi.
I like to think people here are educated enough to choose the person they want to support on the issues that are important to them using their own mind, not because their favorite/ least favorite BBMB'er is telling them to.

It's the same reason Yauch doesn't come here telling people who he's voting for.
It's also the same reason in '04 when the Beasties were doing the TT5B tour, they never said who they were supporting, they only urged people to not vote for Bush.

Also, I'm generally a negative person and making supportive threads just isn't me.

Okay, thats understandable. You're a negative person. However, all your negative threads are directed towards one person. What about McCain? I mean really, you ignore the fuckups of any other candidate or political figure; but if Obama farts sideways during a speech, you'll be sure to jump on him. What gives?

saz
04-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Hillary Clinton On Southern Working Class Whites In 1995: "Screw 'Em"

During the past week, Sen. Hillary Clinton has presented herself as a working class populist, the politician in touch with small town sentiments, compared to the elitism of her opponent, Sen. Barack Obama.

But a telling anecdote from her husband's administration shows Hillary Clinton's attitudes about the "lunch-bucket Democrats" are not exactly pristine.

In January 1995, as the Clintons were licking their wounds from the 1994 congressional elections, a debate emerged at a retreat at Camp David. Should the administration make overtures to working class white southerners who had all but forsaken the Democratic Party? The then-first lady took a less than inclusive approach.

"Screw 'em," she told her husband. "You don't owe them a thing, Bill. They're doing nothing for you; you don't have to do anything for them."

The statement -- which author Benjamin Barber witnessed and wrote about in his book, "The Truth of Power: Intellectual Affairs in the Clinton White House" -- was prompted by another speaker raising the difficulties of reaching "Reagan Democrats." It stands in stark contrast to the attitude the New York Democrat has recently taken on the campaign trail, in which she has presented herself as the one candidate who understands the working-class needs.

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/16/hillary-clinton-on-workin_n_97017.html)

afronaut
04-17-2008, 01:10 PM
See Rob, is Obama really that much worse than anyone else? At least Obama has the decency to be up-front with his "bigotry."

All Obama was really doing was trying to rationalize why so many Americans are religious gun nuts. He was just trying to give them an excuse. Hillary was saying that the president of the United States does not have the responsibility to look after or represent Americans who have not in turn helped out the president first. How fucking shitty is that? Pretty fucking shitty.

RobMoney$
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't bother jumping on McCain because it's pointless and futile.
There is no illusion of excellence with McCain like there is with Obama.
That's the reason why I try to make threads that point out Obama's flaws, because I just don't get his popularity, I don't see what you all seem to see in him.

Also I'm just generally cautious of anything that gains such popularity so quickly.
Things like that are usually a fad that's old news in 6 months.
I don't want to be stuck with a president that's the equivelent of Acid-Washed Jeans or Vanilla Coke.

Also, everytime you say "I'm not trying to accuse you of being racist or dargging stuff up from your past", you're doing exactly that.

QueenAdrock
04-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Vanilla coke isn't gone, is it? That shit is delicious with rum. :(

RobMoney$
04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Can a man really drink Vanilla Coke and Rum/Vanilla Rum & Coke and not be suspected of being homosexual?

afronaut
04-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't bother jumping on McCain because it's pointless and futile.
There is no illusion of excellence with McCain like there is with Obama.
That's the reason why I try to make threads that point out Obama's flaws, because I just don't get his popularity, I don't see what you all seem to see in him.

Also I'm just generally cautious of anything that gains such popularity so quickly.
Things like that are usually a fad that's old news in 6 months.
I don't want to be stuck with a president that's the equivelent of Acid-Washed Jeans or Vanilla Coke.
Well we have democrats dragging other democrats through the mud right now as if they were the enemy and as bad as, say, Bush; and if this keeps on going, the only person who is going to seem halfway respectable is McCain. I think we need to stop the self-cannibalization, and focus our collective energy on doing something proactive.

I accept your explanation though. It's just so distressing when a party has been so completely split, when we obviously need to be unified. I don't care who the fuck gets the nomination, just as long as we can stop tearing each other apart before it's too late.

Also, everytime you say "I'm not trying to accuse you of being racist or dargging stuff up from your past", you're doing exactly that.
Nope. If I was, I'd out and out call you a racist. I'm just trying to unravel the confounding enigma that is your hatred for black peo....Obama.

RobMoney$
04-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Well we have democrats dragging other democrats through the mud right now as if they were the enemy and as bad as, say, Bush; and if this keeps on going, the only person who is going to seem halfway respectable is McCain. I think we need to stop the self-cannibalization, and focus our collective energy on doing something proactive.

The GOP's nomination is decided about halfway through the primaries because they only have one viable candidate, and I use the term "viable" loosely and somehow the Democrats are the weak party because we have two strong candidates in a close race that will most likely have to exhaust every process in the election before it's determined?

I just don't buy that "Hillary is tearing the Party apart" line of thinking at all.

QueenAdrock
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Can a man really drink Vanilla Coke and Rum/Vanilla Rum & Coke and not be suspected of being homosexual?

I can understand calling that a girl drink, but a gay drink? I mean, all the gays I know drink Coors and Budweiser and those aren't particularly "gay." I mean, they're shitty beers, yes, but not gay. Plus, my best gay friend's boyfriend is one of the only dudes who will do Jack Daniels shots with me. I don't know where this stereotype of gay guys liking weak liquor drinks comes from.

afronaut
04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
The GOP's nomination is decided about halfway through the primaries because they only have one viable candidate, and I use the term "viable" loosely and somehow the Democrats are the weak party because we have two strong candidates in a close race that will most likely have to exhaust every process in the election before it's determined?

I just don't buy that "Hillary is tearing the Party apart" line of thinking at all.
I'm not saying Hillary is tearing the party apart, I'm saying the constant bickering, smear campaigns, and general ugliness from BOTH sides of the party is tearing the party apart.

You said it yourself, we have two strong candidates. Lets all vote for the one we think is best, and leave the insults and character assassinations either out of the democratic process entirely, or directed to the people we should be fighting against: the Republicans, not each other.

Some democrats don't like Obama. Others don't like Hillary. Thats fine. But we're going crazy and attacking each other over a stupid primary. We're diminishing the image of our own candidates; by the time the general election comes around, who ever is the Democratic choice will have so many "controversies" behind them that no one will even consider them anymore.

saz
04-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Entering to the theme song from the "Rocky" movies, Clinton compared herself to Rocky Balboa, the boxing hero played by Sylvester Stallone, during an address to the AFL-CIO in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

"Sen. Obama says he's getting tired of the campaign. His supporters say they want it to end," she said.

"Could you imagine if Rocky Balboa had gotten halfway up those art museum stairs and said, 'Well, I guess that's about far enough'? That's not the way it works," Clinton said, referring to a famous scene in the first "Rocky" movie.

"Let me tell you something. When it comes to finishing the fight, Rocky and I have a lot in common. I never quit," she said.

BARACKY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyhIBXNfqMA) and hillary who doesn't lie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVEDq6RVXc)!

RobMoney$
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I can understand calling that a girl drink, but a gay drink? I mean, all the gays I know drink Coors and Budweiser and those aren't particularly "gay." I mean, they're shitty beers, yes, but not gay. Plus, my best gay friend's boyfriend is one of the only dudes who will do Jack Daniels shots with me. I don't know where this stereotype of gay guys liking weak liquor drinks comes from.

Yeah, all the homos I know (both male & female) are huge alchies.
My friend Sasha can put down more shots of Jack than most of the dudes I know, myself included. (and yes, she's quite attractive, not butch)

So apparently even the gays would laugh at someone drinking Vanilla Coke & Rum.

RobMoney$
04-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Lets all vote for the one we think is best, and leave the insults and character assassinations either out of the democratic process entirely, or directed to the people we should be fighting against: the Republicans, not each other.

Get a haircut, Hippie.

afronaut
04-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Alright, you've got me. I do need a haircut.

QueenAdrock
04-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, all the homos I know (both male & female) are huge alchies.
My friend Sasha can put down more shots of Jack than most of the dudes I know, myself included. (and yes, she's quite attractive, not butch)

So apparently even the gays would laugh at someone drinking Vanilla Coke & Rum.

They'd laugh at chicks drinking chick drinks?

Bob
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
hillary doesn't know it's just a game, she thinks it's a goddamn election! finish this bum, and let's go home