PDA

View Full Version : Calzaghe vs Hopkins

Yeti
04-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Bernard Hopkins (48-4-1, 32 KOs) vs Joe Calzaghe (44-0, 32 KOs)

I see that this boxing match is on HBO Saturday night. Joe Calzaghe is billed as the Pride of Wales. I have never seen him box and I think I will watch this interesting fight. We have many people from England on the BBMB....so tell me if Joe is going to beat the Executioner.
I used to be a big boxing fan back in the day but I soured on all the pay-per-view events and lack of heavyweight contenders. This bout actually looks interesting.I know the Brits were high on Ricky Hatton. Is Joe Calzaghe considered a better fighter?

camo
04-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Joe to win. I don't care what people say about his dodgy hand but he is one of the best fighters to come out of the U.K ever. I find it so frustrating that so many Amercans have slept on Joe for the majority of his career. He's a joy to watch when he's in full flow.

Yeti
04-16-2008, 08:37 AM
I have seen highlights of him and I think I caught the tail end of one of his bouts. I remember him as being a very active fighter. He throws lots of combinations and power punches. It should be a good fight.

You know the more I think of this match up I think Joe might have wanted to avoid this fight. If he wins people will say...Hopkins is 43 and past his prime. If he loses people will say....he was overrated. I think he might have put himself in a no win situation.

camo
04-16-2008, 09:04 AM
He's been pointed out as being a bottle because of his dodgy hand. I think his dad (also his trainer) has a lot of say in who Joe fights so I assume his dad has steered him towards this fight.