PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY got my ballot

QueenAdrock
04-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I was so excited, I wanted to share. I requested it in February and it took over two freakin' months to get here, and 2 reprints and mailings. I don't know what went wrong, but they had to cancel my ballot and send out a new one TWICE. Oh, plus, at one point, they managed to register me again so I had two names (Diane and Diana) that I could vote under, but no ballot. The process to get an absentee ballot has been quite the headache...I could see a lot of overseas people not voting because of the hassle/mixups/whatever else. Either way, I'm glad it arrived.

I believe North Carolina's primary is one of the last big ones, with over 100 delegates at stake. We vote on May 6, and I had thought there'd be a winner by then, so it's nice to know that my vote may actually count for something. Plus, my parents are talking about how they're actually being paid attention to this year, as opposed to just being skipped over because they're at the tail-end. Bill Clinton held a rally in their small coastal town just last week, and Obama's team has come in and set up shop too - he's expected to make several trips close to them in the upcoming weeks as well. Exciting for them!