PDA

View Full Version : Fame OR the internet is a cruel mistress

Dorothy Wood
04-17-2008, 02:10 AM
so, my friends' band got mentioned on perez hilton. and there are all kinds of mean comments about how they suck and how they paid to be on there, but they didn't. I don't understand why people feel the need to say mean things about people they know nothing about. I realize it's the internet, but for some reason, this shit really pisses me off.

what the fuck is going on with fame these days? I admit being fascinated with celebrities, I always have been...but I wonder why? I always wanted to be famous when I was a kid, but now that I get closer to that goal, I'm pulling away because these days, fame just equals a bunch of people scrutinizing you and criticizing every move you make.

the whole thing just creeps me out.

Auton
04-17-2008, 02:17 AM
if it makes you feel better, he's a professional blogger. it doesn't get more pathetic than that. your friends at least have some talents. he doesn't.

ET
04-17-2008, 02:33 AM
Have you seen anything on youtube? I guarantee I can find one negative comment on anything there that generates a lot of traffic. Everyone's an internet tough guy when miles of fiber optics separate whoever you're talking shit about.

Except me. I really am as much of a badass as you think I am.

roosta
04-17-2008, 03:28 AM
if it makes you feel better, he's a professional blogger. it doesn't get more pathetic than that. your friends at least have some talents. he doesn't.

I dunno, he gets paid to write on the internet.

Whereas we.....

na§tee
04-17-2008, 03:36 AM
my flatmate who is in a band has to deal with this all the time. before, in comments to their videos on youtube and stuff, he would get a bit upset. quite a few people seemed determined to 'out' him online, too. nice try, kids! i don't think anyone gives a shit.

anyway, now he's of the opinion that if people actively care enough to post shit talk about him on the internet, well, that's better than silent non-recognition and nonchalance.

Loppfessor
04-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Just curious how are you getting closer to your goal of being famous?

Bob
04-17-2008, 08:15 AM
I dunno, he gets paid to write on the internet.

Whereas we.....

lol

Dorothy Wood
04-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Just curious how are you getting closer to your goal of being famous?

I'm perez hilton.

nah, I was half kidding about the "getting closer". although I will be part of something that's being taped for t.v. tonight. so after that, I'm going to piggy back on the friends' band's popularity and my group's popularity and flip it around and use it to start my career as a celebrity party girl. :cool:

Dorothy Wood
04-17-2008, 09:27 AM
my flatmate who is in a band has to deal with this all the time. before, in comments to their videos on youtube and stuff, he would get a bit upset. quite a few people seemed determined to 'out' him online, too. nice try, kids! i don't think anyone gives a shit.

anyway, now he's of the opinion that if people actively care enough to post shit talk about him on the internet, well, that's better than silent non-recognition and nonchalance.

yeah, I suppose that comes with any sort of popularity. it's just really weird to see people calling your friends sluts and saying they suck, or seem to be threatening violence. I mean, I cat sit for these people.

these are the comments I mean, perez's post was positive and telling people to listen to them. that part is also weird, that perez hilton was this nobody blogger and now it's like everyone knows who he is and millions read his blog so millions will see that post, which is cool for them in a way...but kinda shitty.