The Notorious LOL
04-19-2008, 02:26 PM
shut up

funk63
04-19-2008, 02:39 PM
im serious asshole.

funk63
04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
im new to adult life. is it just general hospital care? or is it like car insurance for your body? the wikipedia page confused me.

QueenAdrock
04-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Well, health care is different from health insurance. Health insurance is the idea that you pay a certain amount per month to a company and in return, the company will help pay for your health care when you're hurt or sick. For example, if you're sick, you go to the doctor (the health care provider) and health insurance will help pay for your visit.

In the states, each health insurance company pays different amounts for health care. My health insurance company in the states (Unicare PPO) paid for my doctor's visits (I had to pay $20 copayment each time though), but would not pay for my chiropractor bills though it was physical therapy. There's a huge book that health insurance companies will give you, telling you EXACTLY what they cover, what they don't.

In Canada, there's no health care companies, the government handles it. You pay $44 a month (in Alberta, at least), and the government pays for all of your health care expenses. Except for dental work and prescriptions (which are dirt-cheap up here to begin with).