PDA

View Full Version : boys from the past, boys of the future

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
1. I want to get back together with my ex. I have not spoken to him in 4 weeks, he was out of the country for two and called me when he got back and left a message. I texted him a week later, during which we partook in witty repartee. he told me to call him, that was a week ago, I have not called.

2. the boy that my friend and I liked, she has given up on him. we partake in witty repartee. riding bikes home from a thing yesterday, he went out of his way to ride with me. and for a moment, I forgot about #1.

3. tonight I got a message from a boy I used to really like a lot. he dresses really cool and we have the same sense of humor. he is also tall and fat, my favorite, perhaps I've mentioned him. he asked me out for a drink, and, err, witty repartee, blerrgh blargh.

so, fact of the matter is, I am not ready for dating. but I should try it, right? or, should I call my ex back first? should I put the moves on #2, and go out for a drink with #3? should I put the moves on everyone?

argh, well, I know that I should just be friends with #2, but sometimes that moustache just gets me man. and his pants! so cute. his bike is hot too. damn it! he also loves puns. he reminds me of Bob. ;)

fudge.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Do you have a vibrator?

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 01:01 AM
no. this isn't about sex. I don't even have a vagina.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Cause the answer may not lie in the arms of another feckless cunt.

ericlee
04-23-2008, 01:29 AM
This one drummer I auditioned was tall and fat. He was real tall. And fat. Fat as in when he went to hit the snare drum, he had to make sure his belly was clear of the snare. He also kept complaining he had to shit throughout the session.

I mean, he was cool. I can hook ya up if you'd like.

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Cause the answer may not lie in the arms of another feckless cunt.

yeah, probably not. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I should go for what's put in front of me, or try to patch things up with old boy (if he'll have me).

I could do all simultaneously, I suppose.

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 01:36 AM
This one drummer I auditioned was tall and fat. He was real tall. And fat. Fat as in when he went to hit the snare drum, he had to make sure his belly was clear of the snare. He also kept complaining he had to shit throughout the session.

I mean, he was cool. I can hook ya up if you'd like.

okay, that's too fat. and I don't like it when boys complain about having to poop. just poop already!

funk63
04-23-2008, 01:40 AM
become a lesbian guys dig chicks who dig chicks

hitmonlee
04-23-2008, 01:46 AM
key word: EX

why would you go back?

ericlee
04-23-2008, 01:46 AM
okay, that's too fat. and I don't like it when boys complain about having to poop. just poop already!

I didn't mention that part yet. He did already. Right before the set and twice during the set. We hadn't even played a half hour. Yep. It made quite an unpleasant evening.

Videodrome
04-23-2008, 07:01 AM
key word: EX

why would you go back?

exactly.

Lex Diamonds
04-23-2008, 07:29 AM
call him .... either wrap it up or make amends.
No diggity... I've got to bag it up. ;)

Planetary
04-23-2008, 07:48 AM
TRUMPS

bigblu89
04-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Everytime I read your threads, I have to keep reminding myself that you're not 16 years old, or used to be a writer for 90210, despite the way you write things out.

With that being said. It's time to move on. Leave the Ex as an Ex, and see what these other two guys have to offer.

And for Christ Sake, stop calling them "boys". You're almost 30 years old.

AceFace
04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
^ what big blu said! every word of it!

Bob
04-23-2008, 08:42 AM
don't date men with mustaches, they're all rapists

monkey
04-23-2008, 08:49 AM
from my own mistake-filled experiences:

-- ex sex will make you sad. not from its goodness or badness but from the fact that you have a million and one emotions tied up in this dude and no matter what, it's difficult to deal with them when all you want is the relationship back. you're clouded by your own desires and you end up feeling more hurt.

-- rebound flirting is good for your soul. it's harmless and re-establishes your hotness to the world.

Waus
04-23-2008, 10:04 AM
I say drop men until you find yourself totally satisfied without one. Then you can start fresh with someone new, and not have any expectations for them to fulfill your desires! :)

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 10:29 AM
fuck you. I don't expect anyone to fulfill my desires.

let's see, I've had social engagements and performances scheduled for at least 3 nights a week for the past 8 months, every week...and so far well into june. I'm currently redecorating my apartment with my friend. I like my job and my coworkers, and I get paid good money to do freelance design.

I have friends, I have a life. but I do love my former boyfriend. we had a good relationship and I am not wrong about that.

there's nothing wrong with me being interested in men! jesus christ. it's like some of you were born married!

anyway, thanks for judging the situation and not me, skye.

Waus
04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Sorry, geez.

abcdefz
04-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Let ex = ex

bigblu89
04-23-2008, 10:44 AM
OK, but you still explain you "boy troubles" like a 16 year old.

It'll be ok. You'll figure it all out eventually.

Tell Donna Martin I said what's up.

hpdrifter
04-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I think you should stay away from #1, he flaked on you.

cookiepuss
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
why not bang all three? :cool:

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
fine, pardon me for calling these people "boys". other than that and the riding bikes thing...I don't see how what I said could be equated with what a 16 year old would talk about.

you know, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my former boyfriend, and I thought he felt the same. our break up was basically our first fight. his behavior since the break up has indicated that he still cares for me.

I didn't take the relationship lightly. It was a mature and functional relationship based on friendship. we've known each other for 6 years.

I'm just unsure about what to do with these other options that have been presented to me as of late. and truly, I am only interested in them for diversion at this point and I don't think that's fair to them. but maybe that's okay.

bigblu89
04-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Well then you pretty much answered your own question.

If you want to get back with your ex. Call him up, and try to work things out. If he says it just won't work out, ask him why not? He'll either 1) Give a decent, honest answer, and you'll have some closure or 2) Make up some lame excuse that hides the real reason, and you should then not want to be with him if he can't tell you the truth.

Now with #2 and #3, yes, any time there's a new source of attraction in your life people float around like butterflies, but if their both are just a reason to get over #1, how is that fair to them? Especially if one of them really does like you?

DipDipDive
04-23-2008, 02:44 PM
so, fact of the matter is, I am not ready for dating.

Isn't that the answer to all of your questions? If you're not ready and just using all of this as a diversion, it will end badly regardless of which option you choose. I've learned that shit the hard way far too many times. Get over your ex before you do anything.

HotAndWet
04-23-2008, 03:24 PM
And for Christ Sake, stop calling them "boys". You're almost 30 years old.

well tell guys to stop calling women girls! I rarely if ever hear a guy call a woman in her 20s or 30s even, a woman. It's always "girls".

Loppfessor
04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
You should get a life outside of dating....what's wrong with being alone for a while???

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I HAVE A LIFE.

I know how to exist as a single person. I've been single the majority of my adult life! I'm very good at being solitary.

I didn't seek out #2, we just are part of the same group, so I see him all the time. and I think that perhaps I just want to be friends with him, though I find him attractive. I used to hang out with boys all the time and I don't anymore, so maybe I just need to hang out with him and not try to touch his weiner.

and #3, yes, I did establish the reconnection. but it was casual, started as a myspace comment on a new picture he'd put up. and he decided to write to me. I did not expect him to ask me out for drinks.

Dorothy Wood
04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
also, sorry waus, for being so harsh. That's just possibly the most insulting thing anyone's ever said to me on the internet.

and thanks to everyone who was nice and sensible.

I think I'm going to call the ex man friend tomorrow. I have a bbq tonight. and figure out what to do with the other men after that. or just call the 3rd man and go out with him. ha, it'll probably depend on what my girlfriends think. either way, I am taking a vow of celibacy. kisses might okay though.

MEN!

Lex Diamonds
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Stop expecting everything to be handed to you on a plate! You're spoilt! Get a life! Stop acting like you're 15!

etc.

DandyFop
04-23-2008, 11:22 PM
It's pretty lame that things ended with your first fight with the ex. I used to be so scared about fighting
with boyfriends because of that reason. But you have to realize that that shit comes with the territory
(he needs to realize that in this case I'm guessing).

But you have to be willing to put yourself back in harm's way again. Put your heart on the line. That isn't easy.

I've been reminding this crazy girl I know that just got back with her shit ex-bf - "What's the definition of insanity again?"

And as we all know, the answer - repeating something and expecting different results.

Be careful.

cookiepuss
04-24-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm just unsure about what to do with these other options that have been presented to me as of late. and truly, I am only interested in them for diversion at this point and I don't think that's fair to them. but maybe that's okay.

Fact: most men don't mind being used for sex.

russhie
04-24-2008, 01:21 AM
I still call them boys, I'm 24 this year. I can't see that changing as I get nearer to 30, either. Why should it?

D Wood: if you want to get back together with your ex, do it. It might become everything you ever wanted it to be, if not, it'll serve as a good lesson as to why you shouldn't go back for thirds.

I love my ex still, and want to get back together with him eventually. He still loves me, respects me and cares very much for me and shit so if I've learnt anything from this, it's that relationships (and their eventual end) aren't as cut and dry as some people want them to be. Do whatever makes you happiest, and if you get hurt later on, deal with it then :)

Lex Diamonds
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
TBH DW you sound like my girlfriend/ex/I don't know.

You love the drama. Bad relationships are more interesting than good relationships (Chris Rock did a good skit about it) and you're attracted to them. You want the comfort of being with your ex but you also want the excitement of getting back together after being apart for a while. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's probably an accurate interpretation.

DipDipDive
04-24-2008, 07:55 PM
MARRIED AND BORED
SINGLE AND LONELY

tejana
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
BEAUTIFUL MIZ DOROTHY WOOD(S),

since we all get this urge, at least once in a while, to reconnect with clever ex-boyfriends, i say we switch it up a bit, and swap the boyfriends around. i mean, i've got loads of old witty boyfriends that get me goin, ya know, but, damn, i hate that feeling that i'm heading down a road i've been down before.

it's kinda like a used car, or a book reference. not recommended highly, but entertaining, for damn sure, and it'll get you where you need to go. seriously, i can think of an attractive guy in WA, one in LA, one in TX, one in OK,. . . all entertaining, intelligent, etc. -- but i know it's not gonna work with me.

trade? :D

Dorothy Wood
04-24-2008, 09:25 PM
paddy, I don't love drama. I wish there wasn't any drama. I used to like it, but I never wanted it with him.

okay, I'm going to call him now. :eek:

Dorothy Wood
04-24-2008, 11:18 PM
ah, tejana. alas, I am in chicago, those boyfriends are too far away. thanks for the offer though.

well, we talked for an hour, then his best friend called, he switched over, then switched back and was like, "yeah, I gotta talk to him about some stuff, talk to you later, okay? thanks for calling me back finally". and I was like, "ah, okay".

pfft. it was like old times...we didn't talk about anything we needed to talk about though. we were basically just telling stories and cracking each other up. the only thing I got out of him was that he has no life. :rolleyes:

tejana
04-25-2008, 12:21 AM
that's zactly what i would expect from a vague ex boy.

we need a good map of the US, with key -- sweet? fuckable?

good luck!