PDA

View Full Version : Hamas endorses Obama

RobMoney$
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm sure that Hamas wants what's best for America. I'm going to think hard about their endorsement here.

There is a reason why Hamas, Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez, Daniel Ortega, and Kim Jong Il would love to see Obama win.
They see weakness.

Link (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/04/020315.php)

April 16, 2008
Hamas Endorses Obama

On Sunday, Aaron Klein and John Batchelor interviewed Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Prime Minister of Hamas, on WABC radio. The interview produced a scoop which, for some reason, has not been widely publicized: Hamas has endorsed Barack Obama for President. Yousef said, "We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election." Why? "He has a vision to change America." Maybe Yousef has some insight into what Obama means by all these vague references to "change."
Of course, Hamas's taste in American presidents is suspect. Yousef also described Jimmy Carter, who was about to pay a call on Hamas when the interview was taped, as "this noble man" who "did an excellent job as President."
Yousef was asked about Obama's condemnation of Carter's visit with Hamas, but didn't seem troubled by it. Hamas, he says, understands American politics; this is the election season, and everyone wants to sound like a friend of Israel. Nevertheless, he hopes that the Democrats will change American policies when they take office.

afronaut
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
If Hamas wanted Obama to win because he is weak, wouldn't they support another candidate?

Surely even they must know that their support is going to do the opposite of helping that candidate.

Anyway, didn't Osama do this same thing with John Kerry back in 04? Maybe it wasn't Osama, but it was one of those people we don't like.

roosta
04-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Hamas are a democratically elected party in the Middle East.

I thought thats what we wanted?

D_Raay
04-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Personally I think if hamas is trying to influence the US election like other terrorist groups they are endorsing obama to ensure a republican like bush or mccain gets elected because that is better for them.

QueenAdrock
04-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah, Hamas et. al know how much impact their voices will have on the people, because everyone listens to them and what they think. Once people hear that they've endorsed Obama, they'll switch their votes to Obama like they wanted, and not the other way around. They're not trying to throw the election at all.

If you fear someone and know that you're hated throughout the world, you put your name behind the person you want to lose. It's reverse psychology at its VERY simplest.

funk63
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
i take him at his word, i think hamas wants obama to win. im not sayin this should affect whether or not people vote for him, but i dont buy that they are on a reverse psychology tip.

yeahwho
04-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah so, Bush supports McCain, six, one half dozen, the other.

afronaut
04-24-2008, 06:34 PM
If we're going to use something like this to damn Obama, then we're damning the entire democratic party. Like I said before, they (not necessarily Hamas) did this same thing last election to Kerry.