PDA

View Full Version : Dad keeps daughter locked in basement dungeon, has seven kids

mikizee
04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Fuckin hell. (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23608542-2,00.html)

russhie
04-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I just saw that on the news!

Get out of my livingroom.

jabumbo
04-27-2008, 10:16 PM
there be some crazies in austria....

TimDoolan
04-28-2008, 12:58 AM
"Three kids have never seen sunlight."

Gosh. Sounds like the People Under the Stairs to me.

hitmonlee
04-28-2008, 01:34 AM
they would have gotten a degree of sunlight, to survive, no?

na§tee
04-28-2008, 03:15 AM
this not soon after natascha kampusch as well. nutbar.
what i think is especially crazy is the level of planning that obviously went into this thing. i mean, the dungeon had a kitchen area, sanitary facilities. how does one go about making a dungeon? call up some tradesmen, just be like.. uh.. yeah.. those hobs and that toilet down there - um, i just like my private time underground, you know?

i was going to make a thread last night about this and those crazy austrians. i bet randy has locked someone up down in her basement as well. watch out! ; )

venusvenus123
04-28-2008, 03:32 AM
i think she's locked up! :(

re the building of the place, the natascha kampusch guy had done it all himself.
I remember reading how his neighbours thought he was a really keen DIY enthusiast! eeep.

venusvenus123
04-28-2008, 03:46 AM
they would have gotten a degree of sunlight, to survive, no?

it seems not. lack of sunlight in their lives seems to be the least unpleasant thing about their whole ordeal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/28/austria.internationalcrime
how depressing

ms.peachy
04-28-2008, 04:21 AM
This story makes me feel physically ill.

Ok look - I'm going to lay out some big honesty here. Many of you are aware that I was recently in the US for several weeks (4 to be exact; I just got back to the UK a week ago) because I was a witness in a criminal trial. Well, that trial was all about getting my mother's former partner locked up because he sexually abused my two sisters very badly. Me, not so much; probably because I was already a teenager when he and my mom met, but my sisters went through years of some of the most horrible things you can imagine. Including a 'secret basement room'. So this news story is really hitting a little too close to home.

na§tee
04-28-2008, 04:31 AM
jesus christ.

oh god p, i'm so sorry. i don't really know what to say to that. lord almighty.
when you read about stuff like this in the news it seems so outrageous and distant that you can sort of be far removed from it - still horrified, but relatively unaffected. to know that someone, someone not so distant and very much real, has personal experience of a situation like this is really sickening.

i hope at least he is locked up for a very, very long time and all the experiences you and your sisters no doubt had to relive through the trial weren't for nothing.

ms.peachy
04-28-2008, 04:51 AM
i hope at least he is locked up for a very, very long time and all the experiences you and your sisters no doubt had to relive through the trial weren't for nothing.

Thank you and no, it was not for nothing - he has been found guilty on all counts. Sentencing has not been done yet (it will be in a few weeks) but it is safe to say that given the charges he will be in jail until he dies. Hurrah.

TAL
04-28-2008, 05:14 AM
I'd say that's a good enough reason for not being in London when I was there.

venusvenus123
04-28-2008, 05:15 AM
so very sorry to hear that peachy. i had an idea you'd witnessed some crime some time back but had no idea it was personal.
how dreadful for your whole family :(

glad to hear the verdict tho. glad you're back home now too.

Lyman Zerga
04-28-2008, 08:16 AM
still loads of hitler dna floating around

abcdefz
04-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I read that story on the way to work. I can't fathom people sometimes.

This story makes me feel physically ill.

Ok look - I'm going to lay out some big honesty here. Many of you are aware that I was recently in the US for several weeks (4 to be exact; I just got back to the UK a week ago) because I was a witness in a criminal trial. Well, that trial was all about getting my mother's former partner locked up because he sexually abused my two sisters very badly. Me, not so much; probably because I was already a teenager when he and my mom met, but my sisters went through years of some of the most horrible things you can imagine. Including a 'secret basement room'. So this news story is really hitting a little too close to home.

This is shocking, Peachy. That's awful. I wish your family strength and healing. I can't even imagine.

gbsuey
04-28-2008, 08:57 AM
wow,those few weeks must have been even harder than we would ever have guessed-on top of being away from your hubby and child-i hope knowing he's banged up for good is going to help you and your family-and i bet it's great to be home

hpdrifter
04-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I just... I can't imagine that. Who can look at a child and want to...

*shudder*

Stories like these make me feel so hopeless for the human race.

Lex Diamonds
04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
BLOODY AUSTRALIANS :mad: :mad: :( (n)

AceFace
04-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Ms P. i'm so glad you helped justice come to your family. i'm also very sad to hear it even happened. :(

abcdefz
04-28-2008, 12:18 PM

:confused:

beastieangel01
04-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I just... I can't imagine that. Who can look at a child and want to...

*shudder*

Stories like these make me feel so hopeless for the human race.

same here.

how terrifying, peachy. As others have said I cannot even begin in imagine... :( but I'm very happy to hear that he will be put away behind bars.

Lyman Zerga
04-28-2008, 03:50 PM

lol

that man looks quite evil, he deserves life long prison just for his looks alone

i wonder how many people are still locked, like worldwide

Yeti
04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
He is 73 yrs old so a long sentence is probably not going to happen but he will die behind bars.