PDA

View Full Version : Dean: Either Clinton or Obama must drop out in June

afronaut
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-28-dean_N.htm?csp=34

Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean said Monday that either Hillary Rodham Clinton or Barack Obama must drop out of the Democratic presidential race after the June primaries in order to unify the party by the convention and win the election in November.
But Dean didn't say which candidate should drop out, only that it should happen after primary voters have been to the polls.

QueenAdrock
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I can agree with that. Unless if it's so close that it's like 1500-1499, or something almost as ridiculous. If it's still at 100+ delegates, it just makes sense.

Nonetheless, I doubt either will unless Dean really lays the smackdown.

DroppinScience
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, the one with the least delegates should drop out in June. It'd be ludicrous to tell Obama to leave if he is indeed in 1st place. Vice versa if the impossible is achieved and Clinton's got more delegates.

Other than the use of semantics in the headline, I'd agree with Dean.

Documad
04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
The uncommitted superdelegates need to come out in favor of one or the other so that we have some idea where we stand. I had hoped that the endorsements from Edwards and others lately would have helped put this to bed. But every time we get something positive for Obama we get two negative things.

RobMoney$
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Nonetheless, I doubt either will unless Dean really lays the smackdown.

...and we all know that's not going to happen.

There wouldn't even BE an issue if Dean hadn't pulled this crap with Florida and Michigan. The Moron created the situation and is only making it worse.
He couldn't organize a birthday party without screwing it up.

Remember, Dean was one soundbite away from the White House. He was the Obama of '04, inspiring the young voter with the promises of change.
What a Joke.

Not only are we going to New Hampshire, Tom Harkin, we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York … And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan, and then we're going to Washington, D.C., to take back the White House! BYYAAAWAWAAWWWW!!!

Maybe Obama & Clinton should be the one asking Dean to step down by June so we unify the party and fix the mess of FL & MI before the General Election.

afronaut
04-29-2008, 08:04 PM
BYAAAAWWAAAWA

daahaha it never gets old

BYAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!

Hooooo. Anyway, leave it to America to reject a candidate based on a soundbite.:rolleyes:

funk63
04-29-2008, 08:16 PM
ive decided to support barack obama yall

QueenAdrock
04-30-2008, 12:08 AM
BYAAAAWWAAAWA

daahaha it never gets old

BYAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!

Hooooo. Anyway, leave it to America to reject a candidate based on a soundbite.:rolleyes:

He wasn't doing well before that sound bite, from what I remember. But it's not so much what he said but how he said it, the dude sounded like a maniac. I still like the guy, regardless of how nutty he sounded, though.

I'm gonna go into the White House and karate-chop the desk like BYAAAAH!
And then I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go and wash up, it'll be like BYAAAAH!

yeahwho
05-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Numbers are numbers and time is ticking away. Unfortunately all of the problems being focused toward Barack Obama haven't really done any wavering or momentum changing in his bid for the democratic presidential candidate.

Hillary must now be thinking that whatever ruckus they've raised in Pennsylvania doesn't seem to be working. The delegates actually seem to be impressed with how he's handling all that has been thrown at him. Todays NYTimes has this story, Clinton May Be Hopeful, but Obama Rolls On (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/02/us/politics/02delegates.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin) which reveals the reality of the Obama campaign and loyalty of his supporters,

On Thursday, he got a boost from a high-profile defection: Joe Andrew, a former Democratic national chairman appointed by former President Bill Clinton, said he had changed his mind and would back Mr. Obama. Even after Mrs. Clinton’s victory in Pennsylvania, Mr. Obama has held on to a solid lead in pledged delegates, those selected by the voting in primaries and caucuses.

Mr. Andrew, the former national party chairman, said in an interview that Mr. Obama’s response to his problems with Mr. Wright convinced him that Mr. Obama was the better choice.

“What’s happened here is how he has handled each one of these crises — because you know there are going to be crises — has made him an even stronger candidate,” Mr. Andrew said.