PDA

View Full Version : obama mentions war with iran and pakistan.

alien autopsy
04-30-2008, 08:41 PM
the daily show played a clip the other day showing obama talking about how we need to shift our focus from iraq to iran and pakistan. nice. just what we need, more war. continue on the legacy of corrupt, military industrial complex-bought and sold. more war? more halliburton, blackwater and other defense contractors/privatized war machines?

i cant wait.

you all are going to be so dissapointed when your candidate carries on the legacy. out of iraq? yeah, right. all three candidates will be keeping us there, and expanding our reach into the middle east.

prepare yourself for more war, more terrorism, more deaths, more corruption. while our own population suffers the loss. as the environment begins changing. as our economy continues to fall apart.

sell your house, send your kid off to war, and vote obama/clinton/mccain 08!

dont be so fooled.

DroppinScience
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Too overly simplistic a declaration to say it'd be more of the same militarism with Obama. Unfortunately, militarism will continue no matter who is in office, but to say there's no difference between a candidate who insists on staying in Iraq for 100 years and those who would advocate some kind of phased withdrawal of Iraq is a tad misleading.

Even the most negligible of differences between the two parties and the candidates can be significant enough in and of itself, the difference between life and death for many. Even folks like Chomsky and Zinn (who have spent a lifetime arguing the two major parties are part of the same rotten barrel) realize this.

Bob
05-01-2008, 06:01 AM
you mean voting for obama won't be an immediate 180 degree change? you mean changing the country via the democratic process is gonna be SLOW? aw shit fuck this where's my gun

afronaut
05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, they're all the same. At least he didn't go into some "i will obliterate iran if they attack israel" tirade.

alien autopsy
05-01-2008, 08:46 PM
true...he didnt say it, but it doesnt mean he hasnt "ruled out preemptive military action against iran"

alien autopsy
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
overly simplistic...meh. if you are happy with the state of america, then go for it, vote and elect the first black man, or white woman ever to be president.

i, for one, am completely disheartened with the state of political corruption, the terrible tragedies of wars that are fought for no reason at all, the addictions that america is bred into, the lies that we are told, the false sense of hope politicians try to instill into us.

so for me, this election is more of the same old bullshit.

as each day passes, obama comes closer to reconciling his beliefs on the iraq war, on american foreign policy, on healthcare. his ideas are falling apart, albeit as it is necessary for him to gain that seat of power. he came out fighting strong, and we will all see his rhetoric change and if he gets in power, we will still have tropps in iraq at any of the 14 permanent super-bases (some of them having subways underground) we have created.

we wouldnt create these bases if we didnt plan to use them for some time.

take it or leave it, the overplayed and provactive statements of "change", of "a new hope" are just manipulative castings meant to isntill hope and a a sense of faith in our government and in our leaders. i trust none of them, and i have no hope for any of them.

that said...all i can do is be the best i can be, and help my nieghbors and friends become free of this evil system of perpetual shortsighted exploitative greed-infested corrupt and negligent government. fuck them all.

afronaut
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, but at this point in time, it's still better to have an Obama or even a Hillary in office than a McCain, or any other purveyor of backwards irrational Republican leadership. Better to have someone who may consider war with Iran than someone who's actually itching to bomb the shit out of some mid easterners. The Democrats are hardly anything any of us really would like to see, but they aren't quite as dangerous as the Republicans, and they lean very slightly in the right direction, at least when it comes to rhetoric.

alien autopsy
05-04-2008, 09:00 AM
yeah, but im really sick and tired of hearing that...this is the third election in a row, thats 2000, 2004, and now 2008 that i have have been told that i should vote for a man or woman who is the lesser of evils. when are we going to really change this system? my vote is for ron paul.
he is the only one who recognizes the depth and seriousness of our failures economically, militarily. i totally understand that it is much more than the president that is the problem. i totally understand how difficult it would be for any one person to change the entire national and foreign policy issues that are corroding america...but im fed up with voting for the lesser of evils. thats not how democracy should work

afronaut
05-04-2008, 11:17 AM
yeah, but im really sick and tired of hearing that...this is the third election in a row, thats 2000, 2004, and now 2008 that i have have been told that i should vote for a man or woman who is the lesser of evils. when are we going to really change this system?
Yeah it's tiresome, and people seem to say the same thing every election year. I think this year though, it's actually important. We're faced possibly four more years of the same backwards policies and leadership. And thats scary. 12 straight years of this. I think the problem is that Republicans keep on running. If these guys would stop trying to make America inhabitable only by the super rich, and stop trying to destroy the world, we wouldn't have to worry about trying to keep them out of office.

I think the secret genius of the two party system relies on the partisan fear that is perpetrated by the politicians and the talking heads like Limbaugh and O'Reilly, as well as even people on our side. Most Americans will always be scared into voting for one of the two major party candidates. It's fear and hate of the opposing side that keeps the two party system alive.

my vote is for ron paul.
he is the only one who recognizes the depth and seriousness of our failures economically, militarily. i totally understand that it is much more than the president that is the problem. i totally understand how difficult it would be for any one person to change the entire national and foreign policy issues that are corroding america...but im fed up with voting for the lesser of evils. thats not how democracy should work
I dunno. I admire Ron Paul, but it seems for every thing about him that is great, there is something that is equally scary or bad. While I admire his stances on foreign policy, and how he opposes our country being run by foreign interests, this also means removing ourselves from the UN. He is strongly against abortion, and introduces bills attempting to negate Roe vs Wade. If gun control is an issue for you, he's strongly against that as well.

I dunno, there is a lot of stuff about him I do like, but the fact still remains that he's a libertarian uber-free market hyper-capitalist.