PDA

View Full Version : Songs where two guys sing over one girl

abcdefz
05-02-2008, 09:45 AM
...are usually kinda creepy.

I had "Easy Lover" in my head a bit ago. Phil Collins/Philip Bailey. Gross.

"The Girl is Mine" addresses it directly, of course, but I don't like the song.

"You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling" absolutely works, though. Why is that?

SOP
05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
...are usually kinda creepy.

I had "Easy Lover" in my head a bit ago. Phil Collins/Philip Bailey. Gross.

"The Girl is Mine" addresses it directly, of course, but I don't like the song.

"You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling" absolutely works, though. Why is that?

Oh! So it's okay if two women do it?! What about Tha Boy Is Mine with Monica and Brandy? Have we already forgot about that classic? Well, have we?

abcdefz
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I've never heard of it.

Drederick Tatum
05-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Easy Lover is an awesome song.

mate_spawn_die
05-02-2008, 11:49 AM

i agree

abcdefz
05-02-2008, 11:52 AM
(!)

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

That's, like, one step above "Don't Go Breaking My Heart."

SOP
05-02-2008, 11:57 AM
(!)

Man, that's a guy and a girl.

abcdefz
05-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Technically.

-- but I was just referring to level of quality; it wasn't offered as an example of my initial hypothetical observationalism.

SOP
05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Technically.

-- but I was just referring to level of quality; it wasn't offered as an example of my initial hypothetical observationalism.

With a shredded Constitution, consistency is key these days, Athru. But thanks for the clarovacation.

mate_spawn_die
05-02-2008, 12:16 PM
i can't help that i enjoy 80's pop music. i think it's an amazing decade. easy lover is too damn catchy for my ears to ignore.

gbsuey
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM

yeah but this is better....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b_aU3TeDMnE

Drederick Tatum
05-02-2008, 05:20 PM
(!)

don't fight it http://youtube.com/watch?v=n9xY_cPenSs

Phil Collins is the whitest guy ever.

hpdrifter
05-02-2008, 06:16 PM
*Hijacking thread into Phil Collins tribute*

I'm not big into Phil but I really like In Too Deep.

BangkokB
05-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Did someone say Phil Collins?

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

And he should be kicked in the balls at Full Force

gbsuey
05-04-2008, 05:25 AM
Did someone say Phil Collins?

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

And he should be kicked in the balls at Full Force

is your name Patrick Bateman??

adam_f
05-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Wasn't that R. Kelly and Usher song actually named "Same Girl?" Or did everybody else just forget about that too?

BangkokB
05-04-2008, 05:48 AM
is your name Patrick Bateman??
Nice Find
When I 1st Read that I thought what the Hell is going on here- when the story suddenly broke down into character studies of musicians. But someone of the PB mind set would like Phil Collins, Whitney Houston and whoever else were the flavor of the month regardless of quality

This thread should merge w/ E's Love of Shit Music. But I hope that even he would want to associate himself from that tripe

gbsuey
05-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Nice Find
When I 1st Read that I thought what the Hell is going on here- when the story suddenly broke down into character studies of musicians. But someone of the PB mind set would like Phil Collins, Whitney Houston and whoever else were the flavor of the month regardless of quality

This thread should merge w/ E's Love of Shit Music. But I hope that even he would want to associate himself from that tripe

me too-it took a bit of perserverance to get through those pages but they made him appear even more disturbed.!

personally i think the best thing going for phil collins is the fact he's actually a decent drummer-oh and he really cares about the homeless(no,really)

BangkokB
05-04-2008, 07:09 AM
He actually "invented" the Gate Drum effect on a Peter Gabriel Song

But the fact remains: PC Sucks cack at busstop restrooms

hitmonlee
05-04-2008, 10:27 PM
do back up singers count?

i also like easy lover

adam_f
05-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Cherzchez LaGhost- Ghostface and U-God

Not really over one girl, but I'm listening to it and it's close to relevant.

icy manipulator
05-05-2008, 07:10 AM
no one can resist the phil collins

abcdefz
05-05-2008, 10:48 AM
He actually "invented" the Gate Drum effect on a Peter Gabriel Song

Was it on "Intruder"?

BangkokB
05-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Don't know because in my world Primus owns that song when they covered it on the underappreciated classic Miscelleanous Debris

And Van Halen own the rights to the name of that song: Best InstruMental Evar