PDA

View Full Version : hillary advisor: indianans "shit", "worthless white ni***rs"

saz
05-02-2008, 11:01 AM
the "white n****r" part is likely doctored, but mickey kantor clearly called indianans "shit".

Indeed, a review of the original copy of the 1993 film The War Room, from which the excerpt was taken, is virtually inaudible. The sound suggests, if anything, that instead of saying "How would you like to be a worthless white n****r?" Kantor says, "How would you like to be in the White House right now?"

The cropped video, which spread through the Internet like wildfire on Friday morning, shows Kantor with fellow former Bill Clinton staffers James Carville and George Stephanopoulos discussing results from the general election. In the footage, Kantor approaches the two aides and says, "Look at Indiana -- wait, wait, look at Indiana. 42-40. It doesn't matter if we win, those people are shit."

video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_nQOHj__s)

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/02/clinton-adviser-claims-in_n_99810.html)

yeahwho
05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
The NYTimes editorial board came right out two days ago and said Hillary's campaign was resorting to race baiting. It's obvious that nobody is asking what Hillary's or McCain's preachers think about issues with war and multi-billion dollar oil profits.

Mainly concerned with what the Black preacher for the Black candidate has to say. Shes gonna lose ya know. That much is evident, she is one of the major reasons the democrats drive me crazy, Obama is really the last hope they have.

Some very nasty statements on that video, these look exactly like the sort of folk who would participate in race baiting.

funk63
05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
i guess hillary was here a couple days ago.. she spoke at the bus depot and there was huge ass lines. i didnt know what the fuck was goin on i came up to this lady and was like wheres the busses? and shes like this line is for clinton! im like fuck. i thought motherfuckers were just trying to go places.

funk63
05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
the "white n****r" part is likely doctored, but mickey kantor clearly called indianans "shit".

Indeed, a review of the original copy of the 1993 film The War Room, from which the excerpt was taken, is virtually inaudible. The sound suggests, if anything, that instead of saying "How would you like to be a worthless white n****r?" Kantor says, "How would you like to be in the White House right now?"

The cropped video, which spread through the Internet like wildfire on Friday morning, shows Kantor with fellow former Bill Clinton staffers James Carville and George Stephanopoulos discussing results from the general election. In the footage, Kantor approaches the two aides and says, "Look at Indiana -- wait, wait, look at Indiana. 42-40. It doesn't matter if we win, those people are shit."

video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_nQOHj__s)

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/02/clinton-adviser-claims-in_n_99810.html)

oh and that prick can suck my shit indiana dick

abcdefz
05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Boy, I'm glad I moved!

Waus
05-02-2008, 02:08 PM
I swear. Another stupid mudsling.

abcdefz
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Man, I'm so glad I don't have to be vetted... :D

DroppinScience
05-02-2008, 03:14 PM
The video has been yanked off YouTube.

Was this supposed to be in the actual "The War Room" documentary (something that made the final cut and wasn't on the cutting room floor)? I saw that movie, but I definitely didn't remember Clinton people saying stuff like that.

saz
05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
yeah, it's from the documentary. mickey kantor clearly says that the people of indiana are "shit", but the other part was doctored.

the huffington post has been covering it all day with constant updates (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/02/clinton-adviser-claims-in_n_99810.html):

"Look at Indiana -- wait, wait, look at Indiana. 42-40. It doesn't matter if we win, those people are shit." That much seems true, though Pennebaker says Kantor was referring to the George H.W. Bush White House.

Documad
05-02-2008, 11:59 PM
This is bullshit. If this is just an internet prank, the person who posted it should be bankrupted by a lawsuit. If the person who posted it is politically connected, it should end that person's career.

I own the movie. The white n_____ comment isn't in there, and like the Huffington Post article said, the comment about the Indiana numbers doesn't say that the people of Indiana are shit. It's a couple of words -- a phrase about "those people" whoever they may be. Given the context of the remark, it's completely believable that he was speaking about any number of "people" -- pollsters, the Bushies who were going down. It makes no sense in the context of the remark that the people in the film were criticizing the people of Indiana.

This is the worst part of the internet. Some idiot or person with an axe to grind and hurt someone's reputation for no reason at all and everyone jumps on it. It's really sad. We deserve the shitty government we get, we really do. Why would any talented, sane person participate in politics?

taquitos
05-03-2008, 08:34 AM
indiana does kinda suck.

its the big long field in between here and chicago.

funk63
05-03-2008, 10:55 AM
indiana does kinda suck.

its the big long field in between here and chicago.

have u spent actual time in indiana? its actually pretty fucking sweet.to quote an indiana beach commercial, theres more than corn in indiana.

saz
05-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I own the movie. The white n_____ comment isn't in there, and like the Huffington Post article said, the comment about the Indiana numbers doesn't say that the people of Indiana are shit. It's a couple of words -- a phrase about "those people" whoever they may be. Given the context of the remark, it's completely believable that he was speaking about any number of "people" -- pollsters, the Bushies who were going down. It makes no sense in the context of the remark that the people in the film were criticizing the people of Indiana.

why wouldn't it make any sense in the context of mickey kantor's remark? that's the part i don't get. they were clearly discussing the indiana results, in which the dems were ahead, and not the pollsters or the bush re-election team.

4:37 mark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_wKOgMNs0U)

anyways i feel kinda bad for posting this. i posted it from work and right after i posted the thread, i had to edit it as the story changed on the huff.

yeahwho
05-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Yep, still my opinion of Clinton is as low today as it was yesterday and the day before.

And the day before that day too.

Nice apology and stuff.

That bitch has already neglected the will of the 2006 voters, the democratic party is basically a fucking joke and many, I mean millions haven't figured out why yet. These people are doing nothing, Pelosi?

Status Quo, I'm amazed that this race is as close as it is, but perhaps I shouldn't be.

And even the day before the day I mention about on the day above, my opinion is still that low of Hillary.

Have people seen the dead count in Iraq? Yet their still giving their hard earned cash to this Clinton campaign? C'mon.

taquitos
05-03-2008, 03:33 PM
have u spent actual time in indiana? its actually pretty fucking sweet.to quote an indiana beach commercial, theres more than corn in indiana.

yeah, i spend the good majority of the drive there.

Documad
05-03-2008, 04:28 PM
why wouldn't it make any sense in the context of mickey kantor's remark? that's the part i don't get. they were clearly discussing the indiana results, in which the dems were ahead, and not the pollsters or the bush re-election team.

4:37 mark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_wKOgMNs0U)

anyways i feel kinda bad for posting this. i posted it from work and right after i posted the thread, i had to edit it as the story changed on the huff.

I can't imagine why he would criticize the people of Indiana at that point. When you start the clip from the front, you see that George is so tired and his emotions are so intense that he has trouble speaking. Everyone is choked up. They know that their guy is going to be the next president. They're rejoicing over the coming victory but still nervous. Then the latest numbers start to come in and they run through every state and how well they're doing. They were winning in Indiana, as well as a bunch of other states. When he says something like "those people are shit" I would assume that he meant the Bushies who were working that state or the local republicans who didn't deliver for the Bushies. Maybe he was even talking about the local democrats who had an inept machine but Clinton won nonetheless. I would have never dreamed that he would be criticizing the voters in Indiana (who just voted for their guy). Why would he do that? If makes no sense at all. Even when they discuss states where they're losing or where Perot did pretty well, they discuss it like professionals and don't call the voters in those states dumbasses.

If I've been working on a project with my team of co-workers for more than a year and then you walk into my office and tape record part of a conversation in which I use pronouns instead of nouns, the people on my team could understand exactly what I mean, but the strangers seeing only that clip might not understand or may even misunderstand and improperly fill in the blanks. I would be appalled if someone did that to me.

I'm not criticizing you for posting the story -- not at all. It's news, just like the crazy preacher and all the other crap. The sad thing (to me) is that this is all a product of their being no real difference between the candidates. We have no terrific candidates. They're all mediocre. So we are left to discuss silly things instead.

FYI -- My mom's from Gary, Indiana.

yeahwho
05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm not criticizing you for posting the story -- not at all. It's news, just like the crazy preacher and all the other crap. The sad thing (to me) is that this is all a product of their being no real difference between the candidates. We have no terrific candidates. They're all mediocre. So we are left to discuss silly things instead.

The media is crazier and much more dangerous than Wright, if that is the preacher your speaking of. I admire Wright for being an unshakable man of God and a speaker of his mind. What happens to people during these elections is some sort of euphoric deception takes hold and they either get caught up in the eye of the storm or maniacally obsessed with the minutiae of the slightest defect. Reverend Wright and the media's ability to profitably help themselves to feed upon this deception are now todays "swifters' for lack of a better term.

It is an interesting phenomena that even I get caught up in, but those who cast these illusions and deceptions are masters. At the beginning of this democratic presidential race I believed the country was in for one of it's finest hours, a black man and a female as the two candidates. Now I'm witnessing an ugly race of which the Clinton's have never stood up once to try and correct. They literally have let a racism issue become part of the democratic nomination process, in a negative way by not standing up and saying we are all Gods children.

of course maybe I'm twisted and reading too much into this, but i sort of doubt it.

Wright's wiki page is interesting not for it's content in words but for the photographs which accompany it. Wright on WIKI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rev_Wright)

funk63
05-04-2008, 10:06 AM
yeah, i spend the good majority of the drive there.

psh the drive.. so u have no clue then about living there, gotcha