PDA

View Full Version : For once, I'll take Hillary's side

abcdefz
05-24-2008, 12:55 PM
The whole RFK reference thingy. Basically, she's just saying "Remember -- it's lasted until June before." I don't think she's comparing herself
to Kennedy. If she were, she'd be saying she would be assasinated?

Well, she did compare herself to Rocky, and he got beat...

Anyway -- this time, I have to say, people are too damned touchy.

King PSYZ
05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I think the problem is, and I agree on this part, the word assasination should not be apart of anyone's language when it comes to running for office.

Moreso in the current climate where you have her mentioning assasinations a few times in the recent months, newspapers and magazines showing Barack in a sniper scope, the comments made at the NRA about Obama dodging a gunman, etc. it's fairly poor taste, and bordering on incitement.

RobMoney$
05-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Moreso in the current climate where you have her mentioning assasinations a few times in the recent months, newspapers and magazines showing Barack in a sniper scope, the comments made at the NRA about Obama dodging a gunman, etc. it's fairly poor taste, and bordering on incitement.

I'm unaware of the two things you mentioned that I highlighted in red.
That sounds unrealistic that a legitimate publication would print such an image of Obama in a snipers scope.

King PSYZ
05-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Here you go one of many sources (http://wonkette.com/392445/georgia-newspaper-will-assassinate-obama)

As to Hillary's mentions of assassination it's now at 4 mentions in 2 months time.

Sorry but it's just in appropriate language, much less in the current climate.

yeahwho
05-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Mainstream USA media presents Maureen Dowd and her NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/25/opinion/25dowd.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin) Op/Ed piece about Mrs. Hillary Clinton,

In politics, there are many unpredictable and unsavory twists and turns. That’s why she’s hanging around, and that’s why she and Bill want to force Barack Obama to take her as his vice president, even if he doesn’t want her, even if Michelle can’t stand her, even if she has to stir the sexist pot, and even if she tarnishes his silvery change message.

The scope of this Op/Ed piece is quite interesting, I have never said this before, especially with someone as milquetoast as Mrs. Dowd, but this is required reading for perspective of how Hillary Clinton's campaign works...

This combined with the fact that at one point Maureen Dowd supported and wrote a favorable op/ed piece about Hillary.

yeahwho
05-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Keith Olbermann gets his panties all tied up in a knot. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24798368#24798368)

I understand, I understand completely. Spin it anyway you may, this is what she said, at this time and space. Presidential? uh... no. This is a no brainer, people with her power and ability to grasp current events have very few gaffes.

Obama has given her a free pass, again. I'm pretty sure this pass includes the vp pass.