PDA

View Full Version : Translating sites

b-grrrlie
06-06-2008, 06:18 AM
What other free online translating sites is there except babelfish?
I've gotten loads of comments on You Tube, especially in Portuguese, and Babelfish can't translate them.

Anyone here know what these sentences mean?
essa música é do caralho
Puff qin trunyo!

na§tee
06-06-2008, 06:32 AM
the first one must be "this music.."

and

Caralho
Portuguese dictionaries still have the word "Caralho" in them. It appears as the name given to the crow's nest on caravels in the 15th century, and usually worked as a lookout spot for one or two people.At this time, expressions such as "mandar ao caralho," which literally means to send someone to the "caralho," were often used in situations when someone sent another person off to work on an undesired task. As time went by, the expression became famous among whore houses where many sailors would go, and from there the meaning of the word evolved into what it is today, a vulgarism for a penile erection.

caralho (m)
n. penis, fuck, prick, dick, cock

lol. this music is giving him a boner? i don't know.

i'd ask miss soul fiyah!

b-grrrlie
06-06-2008, 06:43 AM
the first one must be "this music.."
That much I got...

i'd ask miss soul fiyah!
...but she ain't around that much anymore... :(

TAL
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Ask Junker.

abcdefz
06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
If you go to Google and type in Portuguese to English you'll get some hits.

abcdefz
06-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I tried that second sentence in Google's "detect language" function and it says Italian, but it has no success at translating it.

hpdrifter
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
iGoogle has a translator.

Kind of scary, I enjoy learning the languages and eventually no one is going to have to do that any more. :(

BangkokB
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't know of any but for shits and giggles put whatever it is that you want to say in English then put it in Portuguese then put it back to English to see how accurate it is.

For example using Babblefish that would translate to:
"Me don' t knows of some but for merdas and laughs for what it wants that is that you want to say in English for then it in the Portuguese to follow for in return the English seeing as accurate is. The greatest Rain in Blood Slayer is song"

b-grrrlie
06-07-2008, 04:58 PM
iGoogle has a translator.

Kind of scary, I enjoy learning the languages and eventually no one is going to have to do that any more. :(

Oh yeah I'd read about it resently, but forgot about it.
They did a test on some mag here, translating stuff to and from
all kindsa languages and check what the results turned out to be.
I think it was song titles and you could never guess the original...

cookiepuss
06-10-2008, 10:59 AM
for a quick and dirty translation I use freetranslation.com
the name says it all
the auto translator gives an informal translation.