PDA

View Full Version : when assholes pick at your food

b i o n i c
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
so i had a long day last week, i had to go to a friends house to pick something up. his roommate and girlfriend are there, but the roommate is extremely hung over (still at like 7pm) and his girlfriend isnt hungry. dude is hungover like i walked past his room and sprawled out in bed with an arm over his forehead while his eyes are semiopen and rolling back. so yeah, he didnt want to order food. im starving. when i was waiting to be rung up, i saw a sushi menu on the door and thought, "awww yeah - dat shit gon' hit the spot!". so me and friend decide to order sushi. did i mention im starving? my stomach was starting to eat itself.

so our food gets there.. oh, i dont know if it matters - maybe its a cultural thing - but i should mention that roommate is northern italian, he came to new york to be a jazz drummer like its 1930 or someshit. so our food gets there, friend went to buy beer and girlfriend is in the bathroom.. i lay out the spread of what we ordered. i ordered 4 rolls because IM GOTTDANG HUNGRY. "oooh datsa nice, eet so preddy, can i jass look at eeta?" so i kind of laugh and go "raw fish doesnt seem like it'd be appetizing to you right now, g'head"... so he proceeds to HOVER OVER MY FOOD WITH HIS ARMS CROSSED RESTING ON THE TABLE. i dont say anything..

so a minute later i reluctantly ask him if he wants any and he says no... then girlfriend comes over and takes two pieces of roll off my plate, so he goes "yeah i can try a piece-a" so proceeds to have two. thats a roll and a half gone. savages. I ORDERED THAT FOOD BECAUSE I WANTED TO EAT IT, FUCKERS! Thats why we asked if anyone wanted some before we ordered. GET YOUR FILTHY MITTS OFF MY FOOD. sushi is kinda sparse food to begin with, its so damned rude to ruin my dinner, an expensive dinner mind you, a dinner that i was treating myself to (which i dont do often) for getting a job i wanted.

yeah yeah i know how foods supposed to be a social thing or sharing and crap i dunno, but funk dat. so yeah, im a selfish asshole, and i hate it when people pick at my food.

taquitos
06-12-2008, 08:55 AM
i find its best to nip those situations in the bud. the second he started making eyes at those rolls
you should have said "no way, i'm starving!" people like to slowly move in on your food so they
still feel okay about themselves.

but yeah that would piss me off, too.

na§tee
06-12-2008, 08:57 AM
i fucking hate that, too. fucking hate it. i haven't watched a lot of friends, but i can go all "JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!" on yo ass if i am really fucking hungry and i have expressly asked if you wanted food of your own prior to ordering/shopping/cooking so i can have everything that is on my plate, that i picked out and paid for, myself.

i don't care so much if i haven't asked previously if they wanted to, you know, take responsibility for their own feeding routine but hey.

an old flatmate of mine did that all the time. it got so bad that my other flatmate and i would conspire to eat chinese take out precisely when she wasn't there. she was a real vain motherfucker, so she always refused to get anything when we asked if she wanted us to pick something up for her "oh noooo, i'll get fat", so i guess her thinking was "i didn't pay for it = zero calories!" when she would steal all the spring rolls or the last of the chow mein. goddammit.

ms.peachy
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Anyone who had the nerve to interfere with my sushi would soon find themselves missing an eye or limb.

abcdefz
06-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Why did you offer food if you didn't want them to have any?

b i o n i c
06-12-2008, 09:12 AM
because when i was laying the food out, my friend was being all communal and shit like, you can have some of this (to me), and i felt like they were all thinking i was an asshole for not straight up offering.

also, the roommate is new and i gave him curve for being new to the states. like i said, i thought maybe it was the cultural thing.

still pissed the fuck out of me that i felt guilted into giving it up. so violated

ms.peachy
06-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Ah well, you know, it's a life lesson. Next time you order food, remember to yell "It's mine!" and run away with it. Like my kid does with just about everything these days.

abcdefz
06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Also something about "say what you mean and mean what you say" comes to mind.

ms.peachy
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Jeez a-z, stop kicking the fella when he's down, already. He's lost sushi; don't you think he's been punished enough?

b i o n i c
06-12-2008, 10:19 AM
^ yeah! ^

but in my defense, when in rome do as romans do... so i went along with everyone else, doesnt mean i liked it

abcdefz
06-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Jeez a-z, stop kicking the fella when he's down, already. He's lost sushi; don't you think he's been punished enough?

I've got that Great Santini thing going on.

taquitos
06-12-2008, 10:34 AM
this isn't really how i envisioned this thread. i was thinking more along the lines of jacking a couple
of somebodies fries or something. i do that, but i hate it when other people do it. maybe i'll try to work on that.

NoFenders
06-12-2008, 12:28 PM
that roommate is northern italian, he came to new york to be a jazz drummer like its 1930 or someshit.

LMAO

Taking two pieces each is a bit over board. You asked if he wanted a piece. Not if they wanted to eat half of your dinner.

:cool:

Lyman Zerga
06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
sounds like theo huxtable to me

i dont mind sharing my food, i even feel bad if i dont but i decide how much you get and if you disrespect me or my food then this sure was your last meal, bitch

b i o n i c
06-12-2008, 02:17 PM
see, i woulda been fine if i knew other people were gonna eat from it, i woulda ordered more!

but when i say hovering, i mean like nose 5 inches away from my sush...

abcdefz
06-12-2008, 02:18 PM
but when i say hovering, i mean like nose 5 inches away from my sush...

Yeah, that's not cool.

b i o n i c
06-12-2008, 02:19 PM
for at least three minutes staring like he wanted to make sweet love to it

i shite you not

NoFenders
06-12-2008, 02:23 PM
You should have made a deal. Each piece is worth 5 minutes with his girl.

:cool:

RobMoney$
06-12-2008, 04:42 PM
The appropriate response to him asking to try some is:

"I'll save you a bite after I'm done"

Problem solved.

Dorothy Wood
06-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I just ate a couple of scoops of pasta that one of my roommates made. she offered. then I had some hummus and a couple of pita chips from my other roommate. I asked. I'm also drinking her apple juice.

THANKS FOR THE FREE DINNER, SUCKERS!

now I eat my own yogurt wif frozen raspberries for dessert. yahoo!

ahem, yeah, sushi stealing is not nice. especially if you barely know the person. one time one of my old boyfriends stopped by when cort and I lived together and she had gotten a big oatmeal chocolate chip cookie from PotBelly's (a sub shop), and he opened it and took a bite when she wasn't in the room! I yelled at him and he got mad and didn't understand why it was a big deal. you can't just take bites of people's cookies dude!

he was Italian actually. ha ha. first generation american though. whatta meatball!

mikizee
06-12-2008, 09:17 PM
this isn't really how i envisioned this thread. i was thinking more along the lines of jacking a couple
of somebodies fries or something. i do that, but i hate it when other people do it. maybe i'll try to work on that.

oooooooh I'm a complete and utter fries nazi.

I don't mind sharing my food usually but when I have fries on my plate or whatever usually it is the perfect serving size for me to be happy and full when finished. If cunts steal a few I am never full nor satisfied at the end. I needed those 4 extra fucking fries, man.

So fucking stay the fucking fuck away from my fucking fries.

Or ya dead. ALL OF YOU!

Kid Presentable
06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Bionic, why were you such a pushover? Just tell them to fuck the fuck off. Give an inch, people take a mile man. Friends are just manipulative entities.

I have a pyramid scheme I want to tell you about...

hitmonlee
06-12-2008, 10:19 PM
oooooooh I'm a complete and utter fries nazi.

I don't mind sharing my food usually but when I have fries on my plate or whatever usually it is the perfect serving size for me to be happy and full when finished. If cunts steal a few I am never full nor satisfied at the end. I needed those 4 extra fucking fries, man.

So fucking stay the fucking fuck away from my fucking fries.

Or ya dead. ALL OF YOU!

oh my god

you're me!!

seriously that's exactly how i feel... problem is most of my friends eat the fries they want, then the burger and never usually finish the fries, but i like to finish on the fries.

I HAVE EVERY BITE PLANNED!

so if i have fries and people are about, i offer some fries first and then keep them to myself.

Kid Presentable
06-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I never even offer. Fuck them.

b i o n i c
06-12-2008, 11:54 PM
pushover mehbeh, except i should point out this friend is sort of my boss for now, so i didnt want to be the dick, you know. any a you fuckkas tax my shit and ill bite yer hands off

Kid Presentable
06-13-2008, 12:01 AM
You'll cower like the meek little belt-buckle you've shown yourself to be. Empty threats. You gave that shit up like it was post-formal poon. I'd rather pay for somebody's whole meal than deal with seagulls. Throwing cigarette butts to actual seagulls is funny.

b i o n i c
06-13-2008, 12:06 AM
whats all this seagulls shit

Kid Presentable
06-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Be a man Bi-once. How is that supposed to stop people picking at your food?

b i o n i c
06-13-2008, 12:19 AM
tell me obi wan

Kid Presentable
06-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Alright. I want to help you. I'm sat here eating this delicious plate of potato gems with microwave pizza. Try to get some food off me.

ericlee
06-13-2008, 01:26 AM
I just hate assholes like that in general, not just in the food department but other departments as well.

Cigs, ya go to buy a pack, ask if they want a pack as well since you're heading out. The don't want to buy a pack, you get back after you bought one for yourself and they're "can I bum a smoke?"

Go on a beer run, ask if they want some, "nah, I don't feel like drinking". Next thing you know, they've finished 3 of the sixer you got for yourself.

Bastards. If you're a broke ass mofo then just say so. I'll even spot ya if I've got the cash, otherwise, you're a mooch.

b i o n i c
06-13-2008, 10:03 PM
are you describing me?

ericlee
06-13-2008, 10:15 PM
are you describing me?

No, don't know why you'd think that. Some of my friends, one in general was notorious for being a big mooch like that.

We all eventually tried avoiding him but he always seemed to know where we were. We called him spy tech.