PDA

View Full Version : court tv called me the other day.

befsquire
06-12-2008, 07:16 PM
actually, they now go by "in session" i guess. anyway, i got a promotion at work (i'm now lead attorney in my division) and when i took over from the other attorney, all cases went into my name, so they thought i have the case that goes to trial next week. they want to cover it.

i was going to sit with the attorney on the trial, but i have too many other things on my calendar that i can't switch around, so i won't be on court tv. :( yet. he did ask me if i had any good cases with a lot of exposure -- i just said no, because i don't know what kind of exposure most of my new cases got.

oh, and with the promotion i got put in front of a new judge. he's on court tv and cnn a lot, because he's the judge on the astronaut case.

what's new with you bitches?

Kid Presentable
06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm waiting for something big to happen in my life, so I can vanish and return just to brag. Congratulations, though. Is it mock trial with J. Reinhold?

Documad
06-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Is it mock trial with J. Reinhold?

<3

Congratulations on the promotion Beth. Do you like having underlings?

befsquire
06-12-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm waiting for something big to happen in my life, so I can vanish and return just to brag.
you run out of tampons or something? i just thought it sounded like a cool mistake.

documad: i've only been a "boss" for about 2 weeks now, so it's going great. and, i only have 4 underlings -- the way our office works is you are assigned to one judge, and in the felony divisions, there are 5 attorneys per judge, and cases are split according to experience. unfortunately, this means i have the worst cases out of the 5 of us. the only thing i won't have is any murder where the defendant faces the death penalty.

yeahwho
06-12-2008, 11:19 PM
I hope you had a receipt, those court tv people are sticklers for that sort of thing.

I have a new dog named rocky, a bird dog, english pointer, thats new.

Kid Presentable
06-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Jeez, take the compliment.

ericlee
06-13-2008, 01:38 AM
just make sure the courtroom artist doesn't make your nose too big. Damn infidels.

That's great though, one of my favorite channels. Give us a heads up if you ever will appear on it.

What's new here? Thinking about getting a job somewhere in western Europe for a year. Bad thing is that it's unaccompanied. It may be a good thing in my current situation though. I'm just waiting for a reply.

Hey yo, tell def I said hey and stuff.

ms.peachy
06-13-2008, 02:09 AM
Yesterday was my last day at my job. Except I still have exactly the same job. And I'll still be going back to the old job sometimes. It's a bit of a weird situation that's all working out rather well, I must say.

I (used to) work for the Science Museum. Through them, I was providing educational services to another organisation - let's call them Company A. Company A and the Museum have decided to end their official partnership, and so now I am going to work directly Company A, doing exactly the same thing I've been doinng all along, except now I'll be working entirely from home, pn fully flexible hours, and making more money. Also, I will still do work now and again for the Museum, on an ad hoc consultant basis (which = mo' money) so that is nice too.

So as I say, it's all working out rather well, which is v reassuring, since like a month ago I didn't know if I'd even have a job at all now, Really it all couldn't have turned out better if I planned it TBH. (y)

alruggs
06-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Congratulations! I'm v. proud of you, Beth. And I miss you.

I did not get a promotion but I will be taking on a Mercedes dealership in addition to Toyota. I've yet to find out what that means to me fiscally.

Let's hope I get a demo to drive.

befsquire
06-30-2008, 08:14 PM
alruggs: i miss you most of all. i don't know how i'm at the point where i don't have your number and you don't have mine. :(

so, i didn't look on court tv. i was accidentally on every local station -- i wasn't doing the trial, but all of them were constantly in the courtroom. i think my shining moment was when only my boobs were caught on camera. if you take that whole camera adds 10 lbs thing literally, my boobs were awesome!

Documad
06-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Ha ha about the boobs.

I was once on public television in a rural part of the state -- they aired an argument I made. It was filmed so as to flatter the judges rather than my fat ass. I'm glad that no one I know taped it.

befsquire
06-30-2008, 08:31 PM
the tv boobs of mine really were super awesome. and my necklace was swinging in a way so as to emphasize them. that was their shining glory, my boobs. :)

befsquire
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
by the way, ms. peachy, i thought you and i were supposed to have had margaritas by now. what gives? are my tv boobs not enough for you?

paul jones
07-01-2008, 12:51 AM
good work on the promotion Beth(y)

marsdaddy
07-01-2008, 12:58 AM
he's on court tv and cnn a lot, because he's the judge on the astronaut case.You mean the love triangle with the diaper-wearing nut job? If her defense is not insanity, I'm unclear on the concept.