PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Hulk

roosta
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I really enjoyed it.

As good as Iron Man frankly. Lacked the humour / origin fun that Iron Man had but made up for it with thrilling set-pieces. The final fight in this is what the fight in Iron Man should have been.

All round good show.

anyone else?

Dorothy Wood
06-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I haven't seen it, but I like ed norton and tim roth. maybe I'll go see it by myself, because I don't know anybody that wants to see it.

kleptomaniac
06-12-2008, 09:07 PM
i'm seeing the incredible hulk with my friend tomorrow, can't wait!

i love tim roth! he's the only reason i wanna see it so badly. :)

camo
06-13-2008, 02:55 AM
I'm seeing it this weekend, I can't wait, I'm a big Hulk fan. Glad it's not being totally slated (y)

Bob
06-13-2008, 03:08 AM
oh, shit, that's mr. orange, that's why he looks familiar! i didn't realize it until now

roosta
06-13-2008, 03:36 AM
I haven't seen it, but I like ed norton and tim roth. maybe I'll go see it by myself, because I don't know anybody that wants to see it.

Both of them are great in it, Roth steals the show.

If there is one flaw with the film it is that it does not know if it is a sequel or not. It is a re-boot, but you get the feeling (and im fairly sure this actually was the producers intention) that it was made in a way that Joe Public who didn't know anything about film gossip or the comics could walk in thinking it was a sequel to Hulk (although why anyone would want to do that is beyond me). The origin is dealt with clumsily for me.

But other than that, great show.

Junker
06-13-2008, 06:45 AM
I want to see it today. I've just read that there's this scene at the beginning where Bruce Banner is trying to learn Portuguese from the tv show Vila Sésamo.... lol

Yeti
06-13-2008, 10:13 AM
In Ang Lee's movie I recall finding the CGI Hulk too cartoonish. In that film it was almost like a comic book Hulk dropped off the pages into the movie.
What about this CGI Hulk?

The reviews of the film sound promising.

abcdefz
06-13-2008, 10:18 AM
I actually think this one looks more fake, from the trailers.

roosta
06-13-2008, 10:25 AM
In Ang Lee's movie I recall finding the CGI Hulk too cartoonish. In that film it was almost like a comic book Hulk dropped off the pages into the movie.
What about this CGI Hulk?

The reviews of the film sound promising.

I think its pretty good, better than the first.

Its still clearly CGI, but, once you get over that, it looks quite good.

abcdefz
06-13-2008, 10:48 AM
It moves right. (y)

instigator7022
06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm going to see The Heppening tommorow but if it sucks we're going to leave and see The Hulk instead. Edward Norton(y) Tim Roth(y) woot.

abcdefz
06-13-2008, 11:19 AM
It's got, like, a 22% Tomatometer rating. I'm pretty sure it sucks.

But supposedly the opening ten minutes are great, so once the movie itself kicks in, you just all get up and leave.

Yeti
06-13-2008, 01:50 PM
I just went on rotten tomatoes and it got decent reviews.

T-Meter 67%
Top Critics 75%
RT Community 82%

abcdefz
06-13-2008, 01:53 PM
To clarify: I was talking about The Happening.

Just in case.

Yeah -- most of the Hulk reviews sound like it's a decent action movie, it's fine, but that's about it.

Yeti
06-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey quit talking about other movies or Hulk will get mad and you won't like Hulk when he mad.

abcdefz
06-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Depends on whether or not he would just get it over with quick.

hpdrifter
06-13-2008, 02:07 PM

Me too, its kind of a turn off actually, I'm hoping it looks better in the context of the film.

Lyman Zerga
06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
i liked the old hulk movies and the tv show

funk63
06-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm going to see The Heppening tommorow but if it sucks we're going to leave and see The Hulk instead. Edward Norton(y) Tim Roth(y) woot.

if you get this in time, dont see The Happening, its bogus.

abcdefz
06-13-2008, 02:27 PM
No: The Heppening. The Heppening. It's about the Beat generation.

kleptomaniac
06-13-2008, 09:16 PM
overall, i think iron man was better, more entertaining. but the incredible hulk is totally worth seeing
(if only for the scenes where tim roth has his shirt off :D)

but seriously, he DOES steal the show. (y)

and i liked the ending where tony stark shows up. :o

DIGI
06-13-2008, 09:27 PM
If Tim Roth took his shirt off, he'd look like the type of dude that gives bj's in an airport bathroom.

taquitos
06-14-2008, 01:34 AM
No: The Heppening. The Heppening. It's about the Beat generation.

this warrants repeating.

abcdefz
06-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Lord bless you. (y)

BangkokB
06-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I really enjoyed it.

As good as Iron Man frankly. Lacked the humour / origin fun that Iron Man had but made up for it with thrilling set-pieces. The final fight in this is what the fight in Iron Man should have been.

All round good show.

anyone else?

I'll stop right there then no need to read further. Tomorrow I'll see that and that M. Night Picture. My movie theater is pretty cool. I pay for beer/cocktails in advance and every 30 minutes they bring me another. I got a # from one of the girls their and she didn't know who I was til I said Corona and Tequila. And then she said "Aahhhh Mr. Corona"

It good to be known for something

abcdefz
06-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Boy, I liked this more than I thought I would.

It moves fast but it's a little flat because Norton's not in Charisma Mode. I really bought the love between Bruce and Betsy -- there were
lots of little touches that reminded me of what it's like to have a girlfriend, be in love. She's a little quick to just drop the guy she was
dating, but I went with it.

I didn't care much for the final fight, otherwise I would've liked this more than Iron Man (which also needed a better final fight).

It also pulled the X-Men 3 trick before the first fight of suddenly going from day to night. Nice.

B.

Spoiler ahead which anybody with a brain can figure out anyway:

Okay, so he defeats Abomniation, but Betsy calls to him to stop (so he doesn't kill Abomination?).

So, uh... does the army just put Abomination in handcuffs? Does he revert back to human form? I don't get it.

abcdefz
06-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Me too, its kind of a turn off actually, I'm hoping it looks better in the context of the film.

You know what? It still looks fake, but you just kind of roll with it. Until, for me, the final battle. It goes on for so long that I was
kind of feeling silly for all these poor actors standing around looking at tennis balls fighting or whatever.

I can get affected by CGI if that whole world is CGI or if I just plain don't notice it's an effect, but when it's CGI in a real setting and
I can tell, I just... nothing.

I think the only time I could tell it was CGI but I still bought into it was when Gandalf bit it in Fellowship of the Rings. Probably because
he was the only one of them I cared about.

abcdefz
06-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh yeah --

Did anybody else flash on Cloverfield when the final battle started?

Okay: I'm gone.

roosta
06-15-2008, 02:57 AM
Okay, so he defeats Abomniation, but Betsy calls to him to stop (so he doesn't kill Abomination?).

So, uh... does the army just put Abomination in handcuffs? Does he revert back to human form? I don't get it.

Yeah, its kind of dumb. Abomination is fairly relentless and I got the impression that the only way to stop him would be to kill him, but amazingly when Betty wants it to end, he's done for.

I assume the army just boxed him up and took him away.

ALSO:

After the incident in Sterns lab, the army all leave with Banner and leave 2 dudes behind. Surely they would have done a complete sweep and took away shit for evidence etc.? Small point I guess.

Final fight reminded me of Superman V Doomsday in the comics.

checkyourprez
06-15-2008, 01:04 PM
I guess this movie was worth the watch. But I don't know, maybe its because I was such a big fan of the T.V. series and the older movies starring Lou Ferrigno on coke, that the CGI hulk looks corny to me. At least it wasn't as exaggerated as Ang Lee's hulk but I'm still not really a fan. I liked the fact that Ferrigno's size made him a believable real life super hero in the old ones. Quick little known fact, or at least just unknown fact to me until recently, Arnold Schwarzenegger originally wanted to be the hulk but the directors thought he wasn't tall enough. They than got some 7'1 guy, but they thought he wasn't muscley enough, finally big Lou (6'5) was tagged as their guy.

On to the movie...What happend to Mr.Blue? The gamma ray blood dripped on to his head when he was on the ground, the guy looked like he was loving it. But that was the last I remember seeing him.

I feel that the abomination was too easily dealt with. He clearly looked bigger, stronger, faster, and was dominating hulk, than all of a sudden hulk just ends it. I found that to convenient of a way out.

The story was pretty good, acting good. I normally like CGI, its just not with the hulk I guess.

I would look forward to seeing an Avengers movie though.

abcdefz
06-15-2008, 04:43 PM
They didn't get the idea across in the film, but I guess the thing is that Abomination's powers are finite, but Hulk gets stronger as he gets
more and more angry. So basically, while Abomination is giving Hulk an ass kicking, he's also winding him up.

checkyourprez
06-15-2008, 05:13 PM
See now I had read in Ang Lee's that was the case. Where the Hulk actually got bigger and stronger as he got angerier. Ranging from like 8'7 to 15 feet tall. This one he stayed at a constant 9 feet and he wasn't supposed to gain additional strength the madder he got. I read that on some link off of yahoo.

abcdefz
06-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Huh.

I have no idea how he beat him, then.

abcdefz
06-15-2008, 05:24 PM
You know, something else I don't understand:

If he didn't change when he jumped from the helicopter, wouldn't it have killed Banner when he hit the ground?

Interesting to see Hulk bleed, though.

camo
06-16-2008, 03:21 AM
I saw it yesterday.

I preferred Ang's version for story and editing but I like the look of the Hulk in the new version.

6/10