PDA

View Full Version : Digital copies of movies are fucking retarded

adam_f
06-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I was at Target a week or so ago buying the Rambo DVD, and clearly I was going to get the two-disc version rather than the bare-bones one disc version. The thing is, all the special features are on disc 1 and disc 2 is a digital copy of the film you can upload onto your computer or iPod and you can watch it when you want.

Here's the thing, if I'm uploading the film into my computer, why wouldn't I just put the actual DVD in my computer? I don't usually watch movies on my computer anyway and as for watching Rambo on my iPod, why the fuck would I watch Rambo on my iPod? Rambo deserves better than to be watched on a two and a half inch screen. I don't really see the point of selling the digital copy with the actual fucking movie which in turn just jacked up the price of the set to 22 bucks rather than 16 or 17 it could have been.

I don't know. I'm just angry.

mikizee
06-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I concur with the above statement

RobMoney$
06-13-2008, 11:10 PM
HOLD UP

Rambo comes in digital format?

I'm so there.

adam_f
06-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not but what I had assumed was a second disc of bonus features turned out to be another disc for the movie.

roosta
06-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Why would this make you angry?

adam_f
06-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Because there's no point to them. If I wanted to watch the movie on my computer I'd put the actual movie in rather than having to pay extra to get the special features I want along with a digital copy I'll never use.

Dorothy Wood
06-14-2008, 11:41 AM
maybe the thing has extra special features still, that you couldn't get on the regular one. buck up buttercup. the world is full of possibilities!

:D:):p:o:mad:

faz
06-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Here's the thing, if I'm uploading the film into my computer, why wouldn't I just put the actual DVD in my computer?

Cause its a sketchy legal grey area?

silence7
06-14-2008, 01:52 PM
The sketchy legal gray area comes into play here..........

You are legally entitled to make backup copies of media, (books, CD's, DVD's etc...) But you are breaking the law if doing so requires you to break the copy protection that has been put in place to stop you from doing so.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/openlaw/DVD/1201.html

mate_spawn_die
06-14-2008, 02:32 PM
yeah

sercomdj01
06-14-2008, 04:17 PM
we're all mising the point here.
The point is RAMBO
RAMBO
RAMBO(y)

silence7
06-14-2008, 04:51 PM
You do realize that every DVD you buy is a "Digital Copy"? There's no such thin g as an analog DVD...

Just something to think about....

mate_spawn_die
06-14-2008, 05:00 PM
yeah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0)

RobMoney$
06-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not but what I had assumed was a second disc of bonus features turned out to be another disc for the movie.

No sarcasm intended.
Digital copies aren't so much for your computer as I think more people want that format for their Ipod's.

Now I ask ya, WHat cold be cooler than having Rambo on your Ipod?

silence7
06-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Now I ask ya, WHat cold be cooler than having Rambo on your Ipod?

Hmmm, Having Rambo on This (http://theater.stevejenkins.com/gallery/complete/).... Although it's not portable, it is preferable, and Ohh soo PIMP!

S7